Votes: 94 63.5%

• Total voters

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I disagree, is see the option of 'More Beer!' akin to 42 (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy), being unique and universal enough to be deserving of being placed in the same category as 'Yes' and 'No', as well as being consider as a superior option than to 'Maybe' due to the vary nature of 'More Beer!' always being a completely viable response to any inquiry in any language (just because SQL and programming languages like C# are to limited to understand the true meaning of 'More Beer!' does not negate its viability but more exposes the limitations of these languages.)

Reactions: Varku

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I disagree, is see the option of 'More Beer!' akin to 42 (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy), being unique and universal enough to be deserving of being placed in the same category as 'Yes' and 'No', as well as being consider as a superior option than to 'Maybe' due to the vary nature of 'More Beer!' always being a completely viable response to any inquiry in any language (just because SQL and programming languages like C# are to limited to understand the true meaning of 'More Beer!' does not negate its viability but more exposes the limitations of these languages.)
You bring an interesting concept of "More Beer!" being akin to 42, however "More Beer!" is more like the answer to which 42 is the question. Regard the following:

Standard Question: Should I get out of bed Today?
Ultimate Answer To Life, The Universe And Everything: 42
The Ultimate Answer To The Ultimate Answer: More Beer!

It is as universal as 42 is:

Standard Question: When is my wifes Birthday?

Standard Question: When will I finally find love?

Standard Question: Why is the cat eating my face?

More Beer! is not 42, it is the answer to 42.

The Ultimate Poll is a poll. It is The Ultimate Poll. It is not an Answer. It is not a Question. It is The Ultimate Poll.

I fed the Ultimate Answer, 42, into The Ultimate Poll. It said "Maybe No" (recall HitchHikers Neanderthal earth with the scrabble set).

I fed the Ultimate Answer to the Ultimate Answer "More Beer!" into the ultimate poll without question-ising it. It responded with "Yes" and there is a faint mark on the paper after "Yes" which appears to read "Please". Yes please...?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bambooza and Deroth

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
This!
I'm not shure jet, but I think he makes a point why More Beer must be an option and as more Beer is what @Blind Owl would say, "we are owl" aplies as well.

Reactions: Bambooza and Deroth

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
This!
I'm not shure jet, but I think he makes a point why More Beer must be an option and as more Beer is what @Blind Owl would say, "we are owl" aplies as well.
Incorrect - I have proved it is an answer to an answer which makes that original answer it answers a question. More Beer! is only the answer to the question that is 42. This makes More Beer! a very very specific answer, and as such has been discounted for the original reason given that Yes, No, Maybe (and combinations of all three as you can vote for all three at once) more than answer any given question far more than the overly specific "More Beer!" which only answers one question, that being "42"

In creating the Ultimate Poll we have discovered the answer to the Ultimate Answer. Is there nothing the Ultimate Poll cannot do?

"We are Owl!" is a statement or exclimation. Modifying to "We are Owl?" makes it compatible with the UPI and thus is not an answer, it is a question.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bambooza and Varku

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
Incorrect - I have proved it is an answer to an answer which makes that original answer it answers a question. More Beer! is only the answer to the question that is 42. This makes More Beer! a very very specific answer, and as such has been discounted for the original reason given that Yes, No, Maybe and combinations of all three as you can vote for all three at once more than answer any given question far more than the overly specific "More Beer!" which only answers once question, that being "42"

In creating the Ultimate Poll we have answered the Ultimate Answer. Is there nothing the Ultimate Poll cannot do?

"We are Owl!" is a statement or exclimation. Modifying to "We are Owl?" makes it compatible with the UPI and thus is not an answer, it is a question.
ehm hmm, okay , ehm how about : "need more beer to answer question!"?
or "instruktions unclear, need more beer"

Reactions: Bambooza

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
ehm hmm, okay , ehm how about : "need more beer to answer question!"?
or "instruktions unclear, need more beer"
If you require more beer to use the Ultimate Poll that is a problem, but not the Ultimate Polls problem. There are no questions it cannot answer if provided in the correct UPI (Ultimate Poll Interface).

"need more beer to answer question?" and "instruktions unclear, need more beer?"when presented with the UPI yields answers with the responses already given - If you do need more beer, the answer is Yes. If you don't, it is No. If you are unsure it is Maybe. And if you want ALL the answers, vote Yes, No and Maybe.

And on top of this, if you change your mind later (for instance if you get more beer, or have a different question you need to vote on) you can come back and change your vote.

It really is the Ultimate Poll.

Reactions: Bambooza and Varku

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Okay, got ya, I'm convinced the ultimate poll is ultimate.

PS: is there an documentation for the UPI
Any question can be put to the ultimate poll, as long as the input is compatible with the UPI.

Basically, if you ask the Ultimate Poll "Which Political Party has the best policies?", it will likely default to "No" as an answer which although accurate is not a definitive answer. But if you ask it "Should I Vote for Lord Buckethead?" It will be compatible with the UPI and the results will be able to be viewed, and enjoyed.

Just to let you know who Lord Buckethead is, he was standing against UK Prime Minister Theresa May in the last election and was narrowly beaten by her 37,718 votes to his 249.

View: https://youtu.be/_XB-5PTdejo?t=5m5s

In short, a Yes/No question works best.

Last edited:

Jokyr

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2015
RSI Handle
Jokyr
I don't know what I expected with the title of this thread, maybe i thought someone would take the low road with a title about polls. Maybe something unsavory and phallic, which one would think as a standard option with our mentality sometimes. I am saddened to report no such vein of thought has shown up here as of yet. Have we grown up or is it just a slow thread?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I don't know what I expected with the title of this thread, maybe i thought someone would take the low road with a title about polls. Maybe something unsavory and phallic, which one would think as a standard option with our mentality sometimes. I am saddened to report no such vein of thought has shown up here as of yet. Have we grown up or is it just a slow thread?
I have put your question to the Ultimate Poll...

Results are as follows:
  1. Yes
    56 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. No
    38 vote(s)
    43.2%
  3. Maybe
    54 vote(s)
    61.4%
Your question has been answered 168.2% which is a superior amount of answers.

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
WTF I get "Are you sure you are over 18 and have emailed your details to NaffNaffBobFace?"
I choose "no" (because I'm only 14)
I then get "Please do so".
So after sending all my details I re-do the exam and press "Yes"
I get a wink emote and "See you soon" on my screen.

Did anyone get this?

(I'm joking btw)

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
WTF I get "Are you sure you are over 18 and have emailed your details to NaffNaffBobFace?"
I choose "no" (because I'm only 14)
I then get "Please do so".
So after sending all my details I re-do the exam and press "Yes"
I get a wink emote and "See you soon" on my screen.

Did anyone get this?

(I'm joking btw)
Unfortunately the one ship give-away I did on the old RSI forum had a grand total of 3 entrants, so I gave them all a Merlin as thanks for participating (Alright, the guy who entered only saying "Why would I want your shitty looser give-away ship I have a Saber" was given an Aurora MR) and one of them (the shitty-looser-give-away guy) reported me to CIG accusing me of soliciting for their email to gift the ship to. The whole giveaway thread got deleted although CIG were kind enough not to put a strike on my account. It all ended amicably. The guys who got their Merlins liked them, the shitty-looser-give-away guy's MR was melted into an LX for me so I could forever ride waves of shit in comfort and luxury.

True story, the lesson of which is if you don't want to win a competition don't damn well enter it.

From that moment on I decided not to do gifting anymore, so even if you send me your details, you ain't getting nothing out of it.

Last edited:

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
Wow that nice to do a giveaway, shame about the loser who ruined for you but kudos for doing such a nice thing.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Wow that nice to do a giveaway, shame about the loser who ruined for you but kudos for doing such a nice thing.
Well, it evolved into a competition in a thread that had turned into a Flame War. I made a 10 part questionnaire, and anyone who responded with answers would be put into a prize draw for a fabulous Merlin*

The plan worked, the flame-war died instantly and everyone talked about my stupid questionnaire instead. Only 3 people actually filled it out so they all went into the draw. I reasoned it would not be fair to only have one winner so they all won.

Don't blame the shitty-looser-give-away guy, a) the Internet is full of Nigerian princes trying to steal your bank account details and b) it was probably the guy loosing the flame-wars Alternate account anyway. :)

*Actual Merlins received may not have been fabulous.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Is it to late to vote?
Good question, I shall consult the Poll...

It says "No", not too late. Pray, what question do you have for the Forums, if not the Worlds, most Ultimate Poll...?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Pray, what question do you have for the Forums, if not the Worlds, most Ultimate Poll...?
Right. Ok. So the question is, if lying is not an option, and the truth, well lets just say the freedom truth brings is a world of hurt -
then what is the right answer to the question from a spouse or significant other: "Does this make me look fat?"

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Right. Ok. So the question is, if lying is not an option, and the truth, well lets just say the freedom truth brings is a world of hurt -
then what is the right answer to the question from a spouse or significant other: "Does this make me look fat?"
And herein lies the beauty of the Ultimate Poll!

You can vote "No" But you can also vote "Maybe".

But you can also vote "No" and "Maybe" together.

But further to that you can vote "No" now, and later when you are out of danger come back on your own and change it to "Maybe".

Remember, when they ask that question no one looks Fat, they look Dangerous. So saying "No" is not, in fact, a lie.

Good luck brave soul, the Ultimate Poll has got your back.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?