Things Testies do...

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
So last night in 3.0, I am online with another member of Test . We are doing some cargo runs and I am looking at doing some recon on Daymar in my freelancer to see what prices are while he goes to Cellin to grab some medical supplies (or vice). I am about 20 klicks out of the arc-corp facility when I get a call over discord. "Can you come help, landed my starfarer on a light pole and now I can't get back in"

After the 10 minute flight back out of atmo, over to Cellin, and then around and down to the research center, I find his Starfarer with it's back-end sticking up in the air. I go over, pick him up, and then we spend the next 5 minutes working together to try and position him just right so he can jump off the back ramp of my ship and land in a location where he can get to the catwalks of his ship. Doesn't help that I can't figure out how to zoom out in 3rd person mode while piloting my ship, so I'm pretty much blind as to where I am with regards to his ship.

Finally, we get into position and he jumps down and gets back in. He manages to pull his ship off the light pole and set down. Meanwhile I am going in to the outpost and looking to see what's for sale so this trip wasn't worthless, and he tells me to not buy anything so he can fill up his ship... Since I don't want to have to pull him off another light pole, I don't.

Now, before you say or think anything about him asking me not to buy...he's a good friend, I've been playing online games with him for over 13 years, and more importantly, he's one of the GM's in my gaming group...

Anyway, it was a great time and 3.0 is a definite step in the right direction.

Last edited:

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
So last night in 3.0, I am online with another member of Test (Hybus). We are doing some cargo runs and I am looking at doing some recon on Daymar in my freelancer to see what prices are while he goes to Cellin to grab some medical supplies (or vice). I am about 20 klicks out of the arc-corp facility when I get a call over discord. "Can you come help, landed my starfarer on a light pole and now I can't get back in"

After the 10 minute flight back out of atmo, over to Cellin, and then around and down to the research center, I find his Starfarer with it's back-end sticking up in the air. I go over, pick up Hybus, and then we spend the next 5 minutes working together to try and position him just right so he can jump off the back ramp of my ship and land in a location where he can get to the catwalks of his ship. Doesn't help that I can't figure out how to zoom out in 3rd person mode while piloting my ship, so I'm pretty much blind as to where I am with regards to his ship.

Finally, we get into position and he jumps down and gets back in. He manages to pull his ship off the light pole and set down. Meanwhile I am going in to the outpost and looking to see what's for sale so this trip wasn't worthless, and he tells me to not buy anything so he can fill up his ship... Since I don't want to have to pull him off another light pole, I don't.

Now, before you say or think anything about him asking me not to buy...he's a good friend, I've been playing online games with him for over 13 years, and more importantly, he's one of the GM's in my gaming group...

Anyway, it was a great time and 3.0 is a definite step in the right direction.
That sounds like it was real giggle of a mission. Got any pics. Glad to see you guys had a sense of humor about it. And regarding him buying all he can, it doesn't matter too much. You're Testie's so "I got yer back!" is in play. And in the next update, it'll get wiped so.....

cmink

Vice Admiral
Dec 11, 2017
RSI Handle
cmink
.. / -- .- -.-- / .- .-.. ... --- / .... .- ...- . / .... .- -.. / .- -. / .. -. - . .-. . ... - .. -. --. / - .. -- . / .-- .. - .... / .- / .--. . .-. ... --- -. / .-- .... --- / .-- .- ... / -.-. .-.. .. -. --. .. -. --. / - --- / .- / .--. --- .-.. . --..-- / .-.. .- ... - / -. .. --. .... - .-.-.- / .. / -.-. .- -. .----. - / .-. . -- . -- -... . .-. / .- / ... .--. .- -.-. . ... .... .. .--. --..-- / - .... --- ..- --. .... .-.-.-

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
Anyone noticed that the ships in 3.0 are VERY durable? Almost invincible?
Yeah it seems so, I can fly straight into Yela at full speed and bounce right off, it's pretty funny.

I saw a Origin 350p land like this, pilot got out and then got back in, bounced around rocks like a ping pong ball and fly away again.

I was thinking I had a client lag issue but saw youtube videos of the exact same thing so yeah ships are pretty tough now.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
.. / -- .- -.-- / .- .-.. ... --- / .... .- ...- . / .... .- -.. / .- -. / .. -. - . .-. . ... - .. -. --. / - .. -- . / .-- .. - .... / .- / .--. . .-. ... --- -. / .-- .... --- / .-- .- ... / -.-. .-.. .. -. --. .. -. --. / - --- / .- / .--. --- .-.. . --..-- / .-.. .- ... - / -. .. --. .... - .-.-.- / .. / -.-. .- -. .----. - / .-. . -- . -- -... . .-. / .- / ... .--. .- -.-. . ... .... .. .--. --..-- / - .... --- ..- --. .... .-.-.-
.--. . .-. .... .- .--. ... / - .... .- - / .. ... / .--. .-. --- --- ..-. / - .... .- - / ... .--. .- -.-. . / ... - .-. .. .--. .--. . .-. ... / - .-. ..- .-.. -.-- / -.. --- / . -..- .. ... - .-.-.-

Reactions: cmink

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
-.. ..- -.. .

.- / .--. --- .-.. . ..--.. / -.-- --- ..- / ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. / - .-. -.-- / .. - / .-- .. - .... / .- / .-. . -.. / .... . .- -.. . -.. / .-- --- -- . -. .-.-.- / .-.. --- - ... / --- ..-. / ..-. ..- -.

cmink

Vice Admiral
Dec 11, 2017
RSI Handle
cmink
.- / .-. . -.. / .... . .- -.. . -.. / .-- --- -- .- -. / .. ... / -.. . ..-. .. -. .. - . .-.. -.-- / .--. .-. . ..-. . .-. .- -... .-.. . / - --- / .- / .--. --- .-.. . .-.-.- / .- / .-. . -.. / .... . .- -.. . -.. / .--. --- .-.. . / .. ... / - .... . / -... . - - . .-. / --- ..-. / -... --- - .... / .-- --- .-. .-.. -.. ... .-.-.-

.--. . -. ..- ... / . .-. . -.-. - ..- ... / -. --- -. / -.-. --- -. ... -.-. .. . -. - .. / ... ..- -. - .-.-.-

Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
-.. ..- -.. .

.- / .--. --- .-.. . ..--.. / -.-- --- ..- / ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. / - .-. -.-- / .. - / .-- .. - .... / .- / .-. . -.. / .... . .- -.. . -.. / .-- --- -- . -. .-.-.- / .-.. --- - ... / --- ..-. / ..-. ..- -.
.. / .- --. .-. . . --..-- / .-. . -.. / .... . .- -.. . -.. / .-- --- -- . -. / .- .-. . / .-- --- -. -.. . .-. ..-. ..- .-.. .-.-.- / ... --- / .- .-. . / -- --- ... - / .-- --- -- . -. / .--. --- - . -. - .. .- .-.. .-.. -.-- .-.-.-

.- / .-. . -.. / .... . .- -.. . -.. / .-- --- -- .- -. / .. ... / -.. . ..-. .. -. .. - . .-.. -.-- / .--. .-. . ..-. . .-. .- -... .-.. . / - --- / .- / .--. --- .-.. . .-.-.- / .- / .-. . -.. / .... . .- -.. . -.. / .--. --- .-.. . / .. ... / - .... . / -... . - - . .-. / --- ..-. / -... --- - .... / .-- --- .-. .-.. -.. ... .-.-.-

.--. . -. ..- ... / . .-. . -.-. - ..- ... / -. --- -. / -.-. --- -. ... -.-. .. . -. - .. / ... ..- -. - .-.-.-
.-.. --- .-.. / -.-. .-.. .- ... ... .. -.-.

Forgot your password?