RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Told ya! :D

Op4ArcticFox

Space Marshal
May 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Op4ArcticFox
I use a Thrustmaster T16000 like a lot of people. Just keep in mind it's design is deeply flawed as most of the buttons are on the base, meaning you will have to have to either release the joystick to push them, or release the throttle to use them. Either are not great things to have to do when say, in combat or other high stress situations...

Reactions: Blind Owl

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I use a Thrustmaster T16000 like a lot of people. Just keep in mind it's design is deeply flawed as most of the buttons are on the base, meaning you will have to have to either release the joystick to push them, or release the throttle to use them. Either are not great things to have to do when say, in combat or other high stress situations...
Yers there is an answer for this - voice attack. Once you have that you need no buttons other than fire and select next target. I also have space brake, boost and afterburner on the left stick,

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Looking at the Thrustmaster site, I really like the Warthog. Does it come in left hand as well?

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/cat-joysticks-en/

I'm wondering if that base plate comes off and can be replaced with the desk clamps Montoya recommended as I think he said they can attach directly to the arms of a gaming chair. That would seem ideal. Seems to be plenty of buttons and would give even a cheap chair a nice feel and look:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ELECWISH-Office-Gaming-Chair-Racing-Ergonomic-Bucket-Seat-Computer-Desk-Footrest/232500390994?epid=2238091307&hash=item36221a6c52:m:mTDHZ7xgYlWfBgJy_DIinlg:sc:ShippingMethodStandard!08204!US!-1

The Orange is close enough to TEST black and yellow and then all I need is a long-travel motorized linear rotation stage to set the seat in, and a cheap Rasperry Pi controller so when you sit down and flip the switch, "Aegis Combat Systems" makes their announcement as the seat turns and tucks you in between the monitors.

How cool would that be? If I do it I need two. My BabyDoll wants to play as well.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Does it come in left hand as well?
Not stock, but there is a guys who makes them: http://www.dualsticks.com/left-hand-grips/ I went in the waiting line May 4th 2017

I'm wondering if that base plate comes off
Off course, 4 bolts and the plate is off.

I think he said they can attach directly to the arms of a gaming chair
You don't need to mount them directly to the arms, that would be very unstable, but....

and the Warthog version:

A TESTie which I met at Gamescom 2017 and Citizencon 2017, @Olsen, makes nice stuff to mount sticks to tables, chairs, even simrigs.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Has anyone tried setting up the rudder petals as throttle right and break/reverse thrust left?

Is there a way to control the engines in two engine birds separately, so you could effectively spin them like a top (for an instant, so you don't black out)? Seems more sluggish birds like the Vanguards would greatly benefit from separate throttle controls. Huge yaw on the Vanguard and pitch on the Reliant would make those birds much more dangerous.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Depends. Do you want to use pedals or not? If not, get the old saitek stuff instead of the warthog and other stuff. the twist can take getting used to, but it does prevent you from needing yet another piece of equipment.

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
I bought a cheap Logitech Extreme 3D pro because I don't dogfight and just need a basic stick with lots of buttons. For the left hand, however, I want a CH Flightstick Pro as it's ambidextrous and I don't need that many buttons on the left stick. I think a stick made for the right hand in my left would be too irritating for me personally.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I can attest to the fact that marcsand2 warthogs does the job.

Oh yes it does.

Forgot your password?