Thoughts and prayers to all our Oregon members

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Years ago I was in Oregon for business and stopped to fill up my pickup, you would have thought I was trying kill the governor the way that little pumper ran out when I tried to, gasp, pump my own gas, 'STOP, STOP!!'

After the first few thousand deaths I am sure they'll figure it out.

Meanwhile, here in the People's Republik of Kalifornia they just legalized weed, sure hope that doesn't lead to an increase in stupid behavior on the streets and elsewhere, oh, never mind.

'Gimp

ZombieXII

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
ZombieXII
Vacation Journal Entry - Day 28
It's a warzone out there. Gas fights fill the street. Children cry as they're soaked in the sweet petroleum crossfire. I bareley made it through to the air port in Eugene, Oregon this morning. My flight is delayed. The survivors in the terminal look weary and desperate. Hope fades. I pray I make it back home to my beloved Texas, the greatest country in the world.
-ZombieXII Jan. 4, 2018

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Did I somehow wake up in the twilight zone?
Yes. Both New Jersey, and Oregon have laws that prohibit self serve gas stations. Oregon just passed a law that says they're now allowed in towns with less than 40K population or something like that. I remember when Ontario did it. It was really confusing for a long time, because diesel nozzles used to fit in gas tank fill spouts, and we almost daily saw someone driving around with a half a pump attached to their car. Especially in winter.

It was in the news, along side of Mt. St. Helens, which is having earthquake swarms, but that's Washington State so... not really important. *ducks out of the way of the flying coffee cups*

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
And so in the year of our lord 2018, the first step was taken in wiping out minimum wage slavery in Oregon, and eventually the world.

The locals in Oregon were against it and still in some larger counties of Oregon it was still outlawed. In the coming years those who wanted to retain minimum wage slavery moved to the larger states, but the law change followed them to larger and larger counties until it was a roughly 50/50 split across the state.

Then, in 2024 the Minimum Wage Slave war came. The North East of the country were Pro ending the law to enforce unfortunates into a job that paid less than it cost to turn up and do. In the South East, being closer to Texas, they could not see the problem in providing employment to those they called the "unskilled" responding to the question "they why not help train them?" with "Some people are just born to pump gas."

The first shots came, as you'd expect, at a gas station on the boarder between where it was legal to pump your own gas and where it was illegal to. A Pro Pumper tried to pump gas only a mile into the No Pump zone. Police attended and lethal shots were fired.

Years later it was discovered it was not the police who had fired the first lethal shot but a rouge and unknown sniper from a nearby building - the police took the blame and the whole state went to war. NW vs SE.

The war was long and chaotic but the SE, only paying their forces minimum wage, began to run out of "unskilled" to send to the trenches and would not up the pay to Grade 7. This ended the war an estimated four years earlier than it could have lasted.

When the dust settled, It was the new emancipation of the Wage Slaves, and by 2030 a new era dawned not only upon Oregon, but the world.

Last edited:

Graptor

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Graptor
Funny, I had a sales call with a medium sized manufacturing company in Oregon this morning. I couldn't help asking him to look out the window and see if the city was burning around him. He cracked up and told me all about the panic that was spreading, especially through the rural areas where they were <gasp> allowed to pump their own! It was a great way to soften a call that was all about how much money I want him to spend with my company. :)

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
I always thought the attendant thing was just certain stations do it to attract more customers as an added convenience for them but it's actually the law?

That's just crazy, I pump and have even distilled my own gas before or diesel as it were. Surely it's easy after doing it once or twice yourself.

Only thing I hate is when driving someone's car and don't know how to open the damn flap that is annoying.

Xian-Luc Picard

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Xian-Luc_Picard
but that's Washington State so... not really important.
I live 20 minutes from the Oregon state line and I am happy for the division and to be on the Washington side.

Fun fact:
The first settlement in what would become Washington State (Tumwater, WA - 1846) was founded because of the racist settlement laws in Oregon.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Given the chaos that this may unleash, perhaps those who would be encountering this change should become SC backers & invest all of the funds that they would have spent on gas for their vehicles on ship jpegs instead. Most people along the west coast I've ever known seem to want to do all they can to benefit the environment. Walking & riding bicycles doesn't burn any fossil fuels so is better for the environment which frees up their ability to invest in other things.

Forgot your password?