Titan Armor Information & Discussion/Theory - Titans Are Coming!

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I hoped this would be another Black Sunder thread where we get first hand info, and I was like "wuuut woooaa yeaaaa *orgasm* titan armour released" before reading that thread but no ;)
Sorry, just taking all your positive energy and pushing the universal hologram toward my desired outcome of Titan Armor being in game sooner than later.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
My interpretation of one of the concepts:
  1. Spotlights
  2. Backpack reactor + EVA unit/Jump Pack
  3. Pauldrons - For protection. Pauldrons are good.
  4. A turnable head/sensor suite
  5. Fully manipulative hands to carry items
  6. An Arc-Repeater / Arc Blastgun
  7. Auxiliary jump jets or EVA thrusters
  8. Clawed feet for 'grip' and magnetized soles for space walking on hulls.

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
eh, still not as cool as the air powered chaingun delivery method in the novel :)
True, but nobody has a video of that. :)

While it was cool, risking the transport to make that delivery instead of shuttles doesn't sound like a practical idea. :) After all the US Navy doesn't back up to the beach with an LHA or LHD and drop the ramp, though, in theory they could. :)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
If you can get air superiority a ship should be able to take on a Titan Suit quite well I would have thought... From memory a Suit is supposed to be able to carry an S1 ship weapon so it's about as well armed as an X1 Force. A suit'll cut through infantry and be well armored against small arms fire but ships should be able to bring the pew, a Mighty Aurora LN with 2x s1's and 2x s2's might make short work of one... Even a Dragonfly with 2x s1's might be able to bring a bit of a fight to a Titan but will be lacking in armor in comparison.

It's just the supporting ground troops with the rail guns and shoulder mounted missile launchers which are a problem for a ship trying to take on ground targets... You might find air support targets the meatbags before the Mech Suit unless the suits get anti-air shoulder mounted missiles too...?

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Let me pose a question. *everyone groans*

1. Assuming the armor is modular, what combat accessories would you want?
2. What non combat accessories would you want instead?
1. In addition to a big machinegun as the primary weapon, a Flame Thrower (Preferably Napalm), a Chain Fist or similar, mount a missile launcher on the back (Preferably with Nuclear Warheads) and a Downward facing grenade dispenser (For use with the jump pack.).
2. Jump Pack, thermo imaging, and beer can dispenser, not to be confused with the grenade dispenser.

Maxim 37 applies. :)

Attachments

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

1. The TWRL TP-20,000 with a 24 pack magazine of double luxury quilted triple ply! The enemy won't know what hit 'em!

2. A fluffy dice hangin' from the mirror because the classics never die, yo.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

1. A pair of the largest shield & power generators as well as a cooler good enough to keep them running optimally. I've got to stay safe while making beer runs for my fellow TESTies in it.

2. Anything that would allow me to tap & dispense as many kegs as possible to keep the party rocking. I might not rack up the highest kill counts in it, but I still might be an MVP for our causes in my own way. Cheers!

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
From this month's Monthly Report:

In September, work continued on an armor set due for completion in Q4 2020 that the team refer to as “especially challenging to implement” due to changing geometry in the variants. Other tasks involved NPC clothing assets, mission-giver heads, and concepts for a utilitarian mining-focused armor.
So this is an interesting gem. What armor could have changing geometry on the variants?

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino

Smoke launchers, 1x S2 missile rail, ablative purgable additional armor plate, EVA backpack and external movement trusters, flecchet discharger, radar, ECM suite, hacking suite, ejection mechanism, dumbfire rockets pod... and of course:
the FLAME TROWER!!!

Compass, mining laser, 3D mapping system (to create 3D maps of cave), C&C suite, scraping tool, enviromental analisys suite, medical support suit, general trasport backpack.

So this is an interesting gem. What armor could have changing geometry on the variants?
May be armor customization/modularity??? Since the weapon options are there for quite some time I feel right to finally introduce the funcion also for armor (at least for the color change!!).

Gambit

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Gambit
Planetside 2 offers a LOT of insight for powersuits - from being to OP against infantry to downright fragile against C4 / Vehicles / Anti-armor rounds.

The thing is, power armor in SC will be a planned and processed deployment, since you can't just go to a terminal and spawn one... and seeing that infantry already has missile and grenade launcher, I am confident we will find anti-armor rifles as well. This is all to say that power armor in SC is a high risk move!

Imagine, if ships will be designed to have physical components and allowing incoming shots to perfurate armor and hit them - imagine this fragile human body receiving hits from high pen weapons. I know this is speculation, but for now so is the Titan's capabilities.

If the infantry is poorly fitted a single Titan should mow them down easily. Same thing if they go against a simple URSA. But if anyone remembered versatility in they're loadout, thinking they can see one or two titans, vehicles, auroras... a team could make a stand with proper trainning, tatics and gear. Or you, just ram the titan with a big car or blow up a hole in the wall to vacuum him up to space!

Forgot your password?