TONKS!! - Tumbril Nova heavy tonk

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I have a strong feeling who ever designed this 'tank" is from Finland

Imo not needed, badly designed, and just why....
Combat Vehicle 90 is Swedish tho (which, well, makes it even more unnecessary, sure). The turret in that version is Finnish. I'm not sure what you were referring to with the badly designed part, I've seen far worse.

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
Combat Vehicle 90 is Swedish tho (which, well, makes it even more unnecessary, sure). The turret in that version is Finnish. I'm not sure what you were referring to with the badly designed part, I've seen far worse.
Swedish, Finnish, Danish whats the difference am I right? :wink: (Please don't kill me)

I remember now the Bofor gun is Swedish and that tank is built in Sweden with really nice air burst round. So the designer was a Swed!

Also a CV90 with a 120mm gun

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Gonna be honest, this looks pretty bland and generic.

I mean a tanks a tank and all, but this looks more like "generic scifi tank #7" concept art you find when googling "cool scifi future tank"
I approve of this old tank from the Tevarin wars.

what? @Stevetank has not responded?
Sorry, to busy with... tank pictures...
yeah....

I wish i was special enough to buy the tank! My wallet is ready
You are a special tank :)

I have a strong feeling who ever designed this 'tank" is from Finland

Imo not needed, badly designed, and just why....
All tanks are needed, even the bad ones :D

There is so much crap in these packages I don't even know what all you get. fuck it, I'll just get one and figure it out later.
Get them all, that way you'll know for sure.

I got the $295 warbond one so I get 3 tank skins. Next I'm going to CCU the Cyclone and Ursa in the pack to 2 more tanks so I can have all 3 colors of tank :)

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Well, I guess if Norway decides they need more land that doesn't have any oil...or, if they want to steal the highly sought after Swedish sense of humor...then Sweden will be safe!

Otherwise, yeah, why is Sweden making a tank?

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Gonna be honest, this looks pretty bland and generic.

I mean a tanks a tank and all, but this looks more like "generic scifi tank #7" concept art you find when googling "cool scifi future tank"
It probably reminds of generic future tanks because of the twin guns, which there is really no cause for. Just looks fun.

The Finish tank is not a main Battle Tank. It weighs half what an Abrams, Challenger or Armada does, so not a good comparison. The gun is 1/3 the size of modern Main Battle Tank like the Armada.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Am I crazy, or does anybody else get the feeling that certain TESTies *cough* @Blind Owl *cough* might try to use these tanks as a means of posting their "LIKES" in game towards the meeting of new incoming players 1 shot at a time all while blasting the song below.

&

(I also get the feeling that the performers in this video would fit in with the wonderful TESTies in just about any situation as long as they provide the alcohol.)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Am I crazy, or does anybody else get the feeling that certain TESTies *cough* @Blind Owl *cough* might try to use these tanks as a means of posting their "LIKES" in game towards the meeting of new incoming players 1 shot at a time all while blasting the song below.

&

(I also get the feeling that the performers in this video would fit in with the wonderful TESTies in just about any situation as long as they provide the alcohol.)
I would NEVER (most certainly WOULD) do such a thing!

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
View attachment 8585
im going to use the new chafe system to distract air attacks
Oohhh, a glitter cannon! I gotta get one of those. It'll confuse the fuck out of ground troops.

Based on my personal experience with tanks, I would not want to piss off the people inside that are operating it.
Until ground troops with rail guns fire back.

Need this TESTified:

Also I found the custom ADI corp skin:

That did it. Just bought me a warbond.
And I want this skin.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
What's better than a tank? I used to specialize in brawling in the Black Knight. My build was more extreme than this. I went for speed too, but removed some of the armor to make it even faster and put more medium pulse lasers and more chillers on it. I also added a single jump jet to the back so it could turn on a dime. Couldn't jump or fly, but could outmaneuver all but the fastest recon mechs by spinning in place and running off in directions others couldn't track. Every Mech has a turning radius for whatever speed it is running. The jump jet made it so you could continuously tighten that circle to any size you like. I'm surprised anyone would want to brawl without a JJ on their back. This technique is like flying defensive in a light fighter, but with the alpha strike firepower of a gunboat.

This guy does not know how to pilot a brawler. What you want to do is run at full speed constantly with the torso turned sideways and pop short bursts at the legs of opponents to knock them out of the battle. Never run at an opponent. Always circle. This guy stops often, and runs in straight lines, which is not brawling. It's suicide. He survived quite by mistake.

With lots of hot weapons and lots of chillers you only have a couple seconds fire and then need to wait just a few seconds to cool, but you can stay in battle forever. With less armor the Black Knight is very hard to hit while running, and very hard to knock down. It is a pure adrenaline killing machine. This guy. . .not so much.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Onc-DA-03gs

Last edited:

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
I approve of this old tank from the Tevarin wars.

Sorry, to busy with... tank pictures...
yeah....

You are a special tank :slight_smile:

All tanks are needed, even the bad ones :smile:

Get them all, that way you'll know for sure.

I got the $295 warbond one so I get 3 tank skins. Next I'm going to CCU the Cyclone and Ursa in the pack to 2 more tanks so I can have all 3 colors of tank :slight_smile:
Give me the access powers to buy a tank! Lol. Star citizen doesnt want my money:( I'm glad that Mr tank could get a tank though:)

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Give me the access powers to buy a tank! Lol. Star citizen doesnt want my money:( I'm glad that Mr tank could get a tank though:slight_smile:
I'll do what I can today. Gotta break into CIG's servers and enable from Turbulence.

@Stevetank finally has a means to display his avatar in SC properly with the introduction of the Tumbril Nova.
What's wrong with my custom drawn tank Avatar?

Tanks a lot.
Tanks, a lot.
Tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks, tanks a lot!

Forgot your password?