Espionage Top Shelf Squadron [Boozers and Schmoozers] TEST Diplomatic Corps

TheZekk

Space Marshal
Mar 23, 2015
RSI Handle
Zekk
In any organization large enough you will always have a couple of fellas who know how to handle other people. Negotiations, Peace Talks, Epic Parties, and sure why not recruitment drives as well? In a world of Organizations interacting to various ends, someone has to be the mouth piece for Glorious Leaders agenda, freeing him to pursue more important activities like alcohol.

TSS is here for you!

With a fleet of Constellation Phoenixes and 890 Jump (and a well stocked bar) we shall turn enemies into friends, friends into lovers, and lovers into enemies.

I am looking for anyone else interested in assisting High Command in dealing with outside parties. People with experience in negotiations, customer service, or "people pleasers"... bonus points if you're multi-lingual? Extra bonus points if you drink hard liquor like other people drink beer.

We will need Diplomats, Contract negotiators, Luxury Ship Crew, Bartenders.

so what do you guys think?

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
I like the idea of it, I've had a couple of customer service jobs so I can be friendly when I need to. I'd be interested in being a diplomat, although I don't own a Constellation. I'm also considering being a Yellow Jacket, which is the other end of the spectrum. I'll certainly be keeping my options open, especially with release being so far away.

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
Three options in foreign policy: War (blow 'em to shit), Diplomacy (negotiate them out of their ships), or Espionage/Covert Action (sneak into their ships and blow 'em to shit).

Reactions: TheZekk

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
How much freedom would a diplomat have in regard to negotiations? Would they just receive orders from command, or attempt to make decisions first?

TheZekk

Space Marshal
Mar 23, 2015
RSI Handle
Zekk
I imagine that command would set objectives and it would be on the diplomat to hit or miss. With the more serious stuff functioning as a "let me brig this proposal back to the board and see what they say"

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
Sounds good to me. I'm definitely interested in a diplomat position.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Best to remove the concept of espionage while you're at it. I don't condone such metagaming.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Best to remove the concept of espionage while you're at it. I don't condone such metagaming.
condone it or no, it would be a mistake to rely on it, for reasons which should be apparent with a little thought

Forgot your password?