TrackHat

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
I also did the ps3 eye thing before jumping ship to a TrackIR 5 and was blown away by the difference.
I dont like wearing a headset so when my Test-hat arrives I will try out the clipon thing. My room is fairly dark so shouldnt be a problem.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Is it just smoother? Require less re centering? What made the big difference for you?
I never had anything else then TrackIR, but I guess the difference is in native support or bind an axis to it. Don't be mistaken, when flying, I constantly recenter the view, also with the helmet bug I hold my head back, recenter and continue so my head will be in front of my helmet during fligh. I don't know if this is possible with the cheaper option.

Reactions: Miasmic

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
I never had anything else then TrackIR, but I guess the difference is in native support or bind an axis to it. Don't be mistaken, when flying, I constantly recenter the view, also with the helmet bug I hold my head back, recenter and continue so my head will be in front of my helmet during fligh. I don't know if this is possible with the cheaper option.
I'm not sure I know what you mean by native support. I mean, I know what that means, but don't all the alternatives work the same way with *every* game that TrackIR does?

Is recenter as easy as a keybind? Like do you just push a button once you are "centered", or do you have to alt-tab and mess with the software?

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I'm not sure I know what you mean by native support. I mean, I know what that means, but don't all the alternatives work the same way with *every* game that TrackIR does?
nope, in 2.5 when TrackIR wasn't supported, you needed a 3rd ;party software to convert TrackIR to an axis which could be bound to a movement/view in SC, the same 3rd party software as which Trackhat and PS3eye use. In 2.6 TrackIR is supported again so you don't need any 3rd party software and binding. It just works out of the box.
Is recenter as easy as a keybind? Like do you just push a button once you are "centered", or do you have to alt-tab and mess with the software?
Its a keybind, default F12, since TrackIR runs as admin, you don't need to ALT-TAB, although F12 also is in-game chat. Thats why I bind it to F10.

Reactions: Miasmic

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
Ohh I see. Learn something new every day.

Its a keybind, default F12, since TrackIR runs as admin, you don't need to ALT-TAB, although F12 also is in-game chat. Thats why I bind it to F10.
Is it safe to assume that this can be binded to a joystick button?

Reactions: marcsand2
Forgot your password?