Tractor beams and salvage game loops are going to be big! (Video)

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I've never played Eve so is there a response force (pirates/security) that will respond that is NPC based?

Gankers/ griefers are going to realize pretty quickly that their efforts to disrupt other players lives in game isn't going to come easy if the system is primarily stocked with NPC's, thus statistical probability of them being successful in their efforts on a regular basis is going to be improbable. Pirates will attack both in order to maximize profits.
in Eve Online's high security space aggressing someone your Corp is not at war with will get your ship immediately destroyed
and insurance doesn't cover the complete replacement cost of your ship - no self-destructing for profit

I'm confident SC players will quickly figure out ways to distinguish NPC ships from players' ships
who gets attacked will depend on the value of their cargoes
I expect most NPC cargo values will fall in a predictable range, for steady paydays
while players' cargoes will be all over the map, making them a crapshoot

Last edited:

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
I'm confident SC players will quickly figure out ways to distinguish NPC ships from players' ships
who gets attacked will depend on the value of their cargoes
I expect most NPC cargo values will fall in a predictable range, for steady paydays
while players' cargoes will be all over the map, making them a crapshoot
So the goal I see from here is to falsify my own cargo manifests to make it look like my haul isn't what I actually bought.

Sounds a lot like the lies I told my wife about how much money I've actually spent on this game... lol

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Perhaps the hand tractor beam can't handle living bodies if they struggle, but the ship beams can. Those can be stopped by a player shooting the tractor beam discs. Meanwhile the large player carryable tractor gun can have the ability to hold up larger boxes than the smaller tool, which would allow another player to stand on the container to be lifted up?

CRISS9000

Space Marshal
Jul 13, 2016
RSI Handle
criss9000
Perhaps the hand tractor beam can't handle living bodies if they struggle, but the ship beams can. Those can be stopped by a player shooting the tractor beam discs. Meanwhile the large player carryable tractor gun can have the ability to hold up larger boxes than the smaller tool, which would allow another player to stand on the container to be lifted up?
that would be perfect.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Someone from the big FB group is reporting they earned two million credits on a single salvage contract in just two hours. If true, I think this may be the game record high income per hour to date. Certainly it sounds like Montoya called this months ago.

Forgot your password?