Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
Pro Tip for Noobs like me

If you buy a joystick under $40,
Your gunna have a bad time.

Read/Watch aaasaaaaaal the reviews before you buy so ou won't get multiple (fine for me cuz hopefully sibling wingmen/gunners lol)

HID45

Commander
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
HID45
Pro Tip for Noobs like me

If you buy a joystick under $40,
Your gunna have a bad time.

Read/Watch aaasaaaaaal the reviews before you buy so ou won't get multiple (fine for me cuz hopefully sibling wingmen/gunners lol)
Isn't Thrustmaster T.16000 around $40 (ok, googled, it's $40-50)? I'm not having very bad time with mine, on the contrary. Best budget 'sticks are the TM T16000 and Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Pretty much everything else in that price point is rubbish.

Reptar Khan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
Yeah that is the one (Thrustmaster T16000, make sure it's the one with the magnets) I'm buying now, I have some friends who let me play with it, no dead zone like the one I have, way more precise too.

Edit TM16k good, anything Less $40 bad, over $40 no guarantees

Woodie

Lieutenant
Mar 5, 2015
RSI Handle
CRUlSER
tbh at this moment in time if you buy any joystick your gna have a bad time. I bought myself an X52 and it was awful, great for other games but this 1 not so much.. Mouse & Keyboard works best

Hydro_Axis

Space Marshal
Mar 3, 2015
RSI Handle
RedBeerdz
Yes please...I'm a total noob at space sims, but have been playing CS:S for over 10 years consistantly. This should help me in the FPS module, but thats just one small part of this game so I have alot to learn. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
I'm a. Complete noob. Need help.

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
So I was just fooling around with Excel and created a chart to help us see who is available when. Not sure if people are meeting

So far, there are 4 people on the sign-up sheet as trainees. I'd love to add more and see which time works best for as many people as possible. I could switch my availability to 18-21 GMT as needed. I figure we can just meet in Mumble and see what trouble we can get ourselves into. Even as newbs, we can probably help each other. Auroras and Mustangs to keep things even keel for now?

Thoughs?

upload_2015-3-9_10-48-58.png

HellMel

Lieutenant
Dec 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Hell-Mel
Thanks for the chart Space Monkey. Nothing has happened yet primarily because I don't know how to reconcile my availability with people who are interested. 2-4pm Central US Time seems to be when most are available, and that's pretty much exactly in the middle of the time that I sleep.

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
Yeah, I hear you. I think it might be a case of "If you build it, they will come". There seems to be quite a few people wanting to do this and we just have to do it. Even if no one knows what they are doing, we'll have fun, shoot and crash.

At some point, some of the more experienced fighters might join us to impart some valuable tactics and strategies...before we take our potshots at them. :D

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
For the chart, I actually would like to create an online version that I can update as more people give us their availability. Would make it a lot easier for people to find players who just joined and don't really know anyone in the org yet.

Feral Oxide

Grand Admiral
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
FeralOxide
I suck good. I'm famous for dying. I'll sign up to suck less soon as I get my new Pee Cee machine built and I can actually fly my ship. Till then i will drink beer and refresh my 20 year forgotten joystick skills on my mac reliving wing commander.

Schmunkel

Space Marshal
Jul 2, 2014
RSI Handle
schmunkel
I think now that 1.1 has hit we will see a boost to people online. I would also like to sign up for training, however, work and real life make my online time sporadic.

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
Seeking training montage. I'd like to be the best around. Currently I may be the worst around. I'm free most nights after 7PM Central Time until around 1AM.

Forgot your password?