Tumbril goes Access Denied?

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I'm just wondering if it's a bug, but for me, the comm-link/transmissions shows Tumbril Goes Nova alright, but I can't view it as it says Access Denied. If I follow a direct link, it's some nonsense about this news being VIP only.

If it's not a bug, I wonder what's the point of sharing news that only some people can see? Isn't the whole point to get as many people to pledge as possible?

EDIT: I just checked comm-link transmissions up to 6 months, this article is the only one that's access denied for me.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I'm just wondering if it's a bug, but for me, the comm-link/transmissions shows Tumbril Goes Nova alright, but I can't view it as it says Access Denied. If I follow a direct link, it's some nonsense about this news being VIP only.

If it's not a bug, I wonder what's the point of sharing news that only some people can see? Isn't the whole point to get as many people to pledge as possible?

EDIT: I just checked comm-link transmissions up to 6 months, this article is the only one that's access denied for me.
It's their awesome marketing team shaming the non-VIP backers.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
That annoucement is currently only or concierge members which was announced would be available today for the presale. They did the same thing for the Eclipse when it was being released. It should be available i beleive tomorrow so you can buy the new tank.(probably minus the cool skins) It's how CIG shows its appreciation for the members of the community who are supporting the game more than the average player. As for putting it up this way its probably easier to do than making a secret link somewhere on the site to later put it up.(i think last time they made it a post which was like 3 years old or something so that it didnt pop up on the main screen but so many people had issues finding the post so they could get in on the presale. Another reason why is not everyone checks their emails as much so some concierge members would have missed it if it wasnt on the main page like that.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
So basically, spending a lot of money earns you the right to spend more money? And at the same time, it's a "we don't want your money" at people who haven't spend a lot of money already? I'm just... I don't seem to be able to wrap my head around this. On unrelated note, this popped in my mind:

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
This getting in early is really false privilege for an un limited supply item. I mean what exactly can you do with it now nevermind a day earlier.

Still given progress or lack of attempts to keep the whales from refunding seems a good idea generally. Even if it makes me laugh.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
This getting in early is really false privilege for an un limited supply item. I mean what exactly can you do with it now nevermind a day earlier.

Still given progress or lack of attempts to keep the whales from refunding seems a good idea generally. Even if it makes me laugh.
in this case we get a limited collectors skin

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
2 skins if you get the full package. i only got the tank i really wanted the other skin but i have all but 2 of those ships on warbond already. snowblind skin rip
Yeah! I settle for the normal I got no use for skins and I bet where gonna be able to paint or re-skin later anyways :beers:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
It's their awesome marketing team shaming the non-VIP backers.
Well hows this for a kick in teh ass:

I'm the cost of one Tumbril Nova away from concierge status. What a pisser!

Well, actually I don't care but I loved the irony.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Well hows this for a kick in teh ass:

I'm the cost of one Tumbril Nova away from concierge status. What a pisser!

Well, actually I don't care but I loved the irony.
Congrats @NaffNaffBobFace , you'll be there soon & get to join the rest of us in Concierge getting teased with pretty jpegs we crave but really shouldn't pounce on a day before most & starting next year we'll get additional game package options available to us. It's almost like they think that while the wallet is already open, might as well double down. lols

Raither

Captain
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Dr_McLaren
I dunno, I thought shaming the non-VIP backers and subscribers with a giant capitol letters fuck you style ACCESS DENIED, coupled with the glaring error of "holy shit I probably make 80 grand a year and I don't even proof the text before I hit enter on a front page posting that millions will see, I love my job lol". This made me laugh pretty hard, then I almost cried because I realized I want a job where I don't even have to do my job properly lol. Homer Simpson at the Nuke plant anyone?

Apparently you have to be "holders of the or VIP"
If front page stuff published to millions gets posted without proofing like this, then I think I just stopped wondering why the game is so bug-filled and problematic in so many ways... CiG could have a possible IT infection of "press enter disease" on their hands! Gotta find patient zero, gotta find patient zero...!!

Also, just want to wish everyone in TEST a very very Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year and I hope everyone gets as drunk off their ass as they want to without falling and breaking anything if your own or anyone elses!!

<3

Reactions: Talonsbane

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
That annoucement is currently only or concierge members which was announced would be available today for the presale. They did the same thing for the Eclipse when it was being released. It should be available i beleive tomorrow so you can buy the new tank.(probably minus the cool skins) It's how CIG shows its appreciation for the members of the community who are supporting the game more than the average player. As for putting it up this way its probably easier to do than making a secret link somewhere on the site to later put it up.(i think last time they made it a post which was like 3 years old or something so that it didnt pop up on the main screen but so many people had issues finding the post so they could get in on the presale. Another reason why is not everyone checks their emails as much so some concierge members would have missed it if it wasnt on the main page like that.
I agree that these should be accessed via an email link. If you don't pay attention to yer email, you loose. It's a bad tease to the non-Concierge Citizens and is very bad taste.

You gotta be a VIP
Yep, that's me Very Ignorant Person.

Reactions: FZD and Talonsbane
Forgot your password?