Tumbril Motorcycles!!!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I think
I agree, I loved it when we would be able to get something additional for purchasing a concept before any of the Q & A was out if not before the rest of the Verse could also get theirs too.
I have a feeling at least one of those vests isn't going to be available after concept...?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Am I not cool enough yet? How to join bikerclub...

View attachment 12750
The link in this thread was to the Concierge early access sale, those who have contributed loads to the project get some perks like access to the sales a day early.

But the pre-sale is long over. Step this way my good man/lady, and find what you are looking for at the end of this here link:

SoloPlayerZA

Grand Admiral
May 1, 2019
RSI Handle
SoloPlayerZA
<3 <3 <3 <3
The link in this thread was to the Concierge early access sale, those who have contributed loads to the project get some perks like access to the sales a day early.

But the pre-sale is long over. Step this way my good man/lady, and find what you are looking for at the end of this here link:

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I have a Nox and I love my Nox in theory but I have to say its a pain to fly around planet side. There is also just something satisfying about having wheels and while the buggie is fun I'd rather have just two wheels.
What is painful about flying the Nox? Irritates your 'rhoids or prostate? I think that will be worse on a bike, and I know from riding a Virago for years.

They posted them on the ships page and I have to wonder about the stats. Comparing the X1-Force with the Ranger TR, the Force is a lot longer but shorter and much skinnier. I'm still hoping the Force will fit in the Hoplite. There is no way the Ranger will fit at 2M wide. I think though, that it will certainly fit the Lancer and Cutty.

Also should note the Force has a fuel intake and the Ranger does not. I will not pretend to understand that, but just noting. Doesn't really mean a thing at this stage.

Much more importantly, the X1's have a shield generator and the Rangers do not. IMHO, it is the V size shield generator on the Ursa that makes it worthwhile, as it is pretty resilient to small arms and that seems to tilt the balance on the battlefield to date. Will probably result in players carrying weapons much larger than they otherwise would. Shields matter.

Both carry a single S1 weapon, and it is my guess that the hoverbikes will be capable of panning sans linear motion, whereas the bikes will not. Just is a consequence of how they are intended to operate. I think it may become possible to use the hoverbike guns in ways the cycles will not allow.

But for me, thinking of stealth recon, I do not want to leave a trail. No bloody tires. Pass without trace!

And I just love flying. Screw wheels. I do wish the X1s were shorter though. 5.5M is pretty big.

Last edited:
  • o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Can I sneak generic vehicle questions in here? Anyone owning an Ursa, Cyclone, or Nox, have you played with sticking a Havoc Scattergun or Suckerpunch Distortion Canon on your rig and then go and shoot another vehicle?

The very short range of these two weapons is unlikely to matter in terrestrial combat, and they do so much more damage than the standard weapons, either physical or distortion, that it should be really interesting to see the results.

I once saw a guy shooting the Cyclone with the Ursa and the Ursa with the Cyclone. The Cyclone was unable to injure the Ursa at all, but the Ursa killed the Cyclone pretty quickly, as result of having two guns. I think if the Cyclone had been wearing a Scattergun, it would have killed the Ursa pretty quickly, but I have never seen anyone do those tests. A single scattergun goes 500dps and the twin lasers on the Ursa do 400, so equipping the right weapons is going to matter a lot, methinks.

Apart from bikes getting you place to place, they're one of the few options for killing other vehicles. Anyone toyed around with weapons selection?

I'd particularly like to see the Nox wearing one scattergun and one distortion cannon. If you can stage the trigger a and b (distortion/ballistic), you could get a lot of flexibility. Especially for bountyhunters wanting to take people alive, and their goods intact, the distortion cannon could be a great choice on any vehicle or the Titansuit.

It appears from the tests I have seen, that any bike that loads a single S1 weapon, can paralyze any other vehicle pretty quickly. It's worth knowing if that is so.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?