Tumbril Motorcycles!!!

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
What is painful about flying the Nox?
It has everything to do with the flight controls and how levitation currently works in the game. There is no feeling of being connected to the ground as you sort of just float/bounce over everything or explode at a weird clipping event. In many ways it feels more like just flying low in a ship then hovering and it looses out on the excitement.

Zapper Weisman

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 14, 2018
RSI Handle
ZapperWeisman
Time for another dumb question. How does that all work? Can I melt it and use the lti token 9n something I dont own to give it lti?
You just keep the Ranger you want to upgrade and buy a CCU from the Ranger you have to the ship you want, provided that ship is currently available. The LTI from the Ranger will transfer to the ship you upgrade to.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
You just keep the Ranger you want to upgrade and buy a CCU from the Ranger you have to the ship you want, provided that ship is currently available. The LTI from the Ranger will transfer to the ship you upgrade to.
It's really easy, you go into the pledge store and there's an option for ship upgrades if you're logged in. It'll then let you click a source ship and the ship you want to upgrade to. When you buy that for the difference in the 2 ships, you're given an upgrade that you then apply in the hanger portion of their site.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I have several LTI tokens as well in my buybacks, but it won't hurt to add some that are lower cost just in case. I have a feeling that they may end up helping me eventually reach Wing Commander status if I upgrade them right. Then again, if I win the lottery, I'll be snagging 1 of those sweet Legatus bundles, at which time all of my current LTI ships will go towards adding the rest of the ships that don't come with it into my fleet. Ah, to dream.

• o7
Reactions: Zapper Weisman

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
Has anyone noted an advantage to wheels over bikes that fly? Does this fill a need or just more bling to get people spending money?

'Cause half the reason for me to own an X1 Force is the thing flies. Wheels? We don't need no stinking wheels! Now if it were smaller and would fit into a loaded Hoplite, I could see the point, but it doesn't look smaller to me. Is it supposed to be faster?
in combat i would prefer a hover bike for the ability to strave (the tumbril seems to have fixed weapons only)
also if there will be a lake / a river my dragonfly can just cross it...

SoftWayback

Lieutenant
May 8, 2019
RSI Handle
Softwayback
I'm a little disappointed that the motorcycles don't look like tron's one,
But well, if I can play a space-rider with an old leather jacket ( drunk, lmao ) that's fair
Wait, why wheels when we can ride flying bike ?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Thats the reason I have not pulled the trigger yet. What advantage do the wheeled bikes have over flying bikes?

We can guess tigher turns, lower top speed maybe, but will there be some situation where these bikes are better?
My guess is anti-grav will only be able to counter so much gravity. Yeah they can work in space but how will there fair on one of the floating cities of Crusader?

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
Maybe someone can answer, Lorville and Arccorp are eventually going to be free roaming but they have no fly zones right? I was in Lorville once and I haven't been to Arccorp yet, does the no fly zone thing apply to the hover bikes as well? Would that mean if you wanted to cruise around the city you would want one of these to hit the streets on?

Forgot your password?