Unholy Tournament of Test Squadron!! for 2.6!!! Let the games begin!!!!

Would you rather...

• Have just a 4v4 Tournament for max number of teams

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Have just a 8v8 Tournament

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • Have just a 12v12 Tournament For max number of combatants

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • Have the 4v4 Tournament and then combine teams for 8v8 and 12v12 for more than one Tournament

Votes: 50 56.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cherokeedog

Admiral
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
Cherokeedog
Team 3 @Michael @Nekovala @Cherokeedog @Pander @CosmicTrader @Gearen one of you needs to be captain!!! pick or ill pick for you! also name yourselves!!
Well, I propose we have a drink night and the last man standin' gets to be the leader. I propose to repeat these democratic elections every day.

Ok, now...to provide a constructive answer...all I know is that if a stick to the back, pretendin' I'm strategically coordinating my team, I'll definitely shoot them in the arse, so...I ain't exactly leadership material, but I COULD end up the last man standing...of my team.

So, I propose @Michael to be the leader. Damn if I know why.

And if he doesn't take it, I'll have @Blind Owl lead us, 'cause his aim is just about as good as mine.

Edit: Guess I wasn't jokin' about bein' a blind dog myself, 'cause I noticed @Gearen 's post only after I finished rambling in mine. @CosmicTrader sounds just as good. When it comes to casting a vote, I'm everybody's whore, provided payment comes in bottles of whiskey.

Edit 2: I really like usin' this @Name feature.

Last edited:

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
Well, I propose we have a drink night and the last man standin' gets to be the leader. I propose to repeat these democratic elections every day.

Ok, now...to provide a constructive answer...all I know is that if a stick to the back, pretendin' I'm strategically coordinating my team, I'll definitely shoot them in the arse, so...I ain't exactly leadership material, but I COULD end up the last man standing...of my team.

And if he doesn't take it, I'll have @Blind Owl lead us, 'cause his aim is just about as good as mine.

Edit: Guess I wasn't jokin' about bein' a blind dog myself, 'cause I only noticed @Gearen 's post only after I finished rambling in mine. @CosmicTrader sounds just as good. When it comes to casting a vote, I'm everybody's whore, provided payment comes in bottles of whiskey.

how about a name?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Edit: Guess I wasn't jokin' about bein' a blind dog myself, 'cause I only noticed @Gearen 's post only after I finished rambling in mine. @CosmicTrader sounds just as good. When it comes to casting a vote, I'm everybody's whore, provided payment comes in bottles of whiskey.

Haha, am I even on your team? I'll be a great leader for you. "You six, stand over there. Real still like. Now don't move."

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
this will be added to the main post as well but an update!

confirmed things in star marine.

2 maps (Damien: smaller closer quarters, echo 11: larger more open)
2 game modes (Elimination: I'm told this is a FFA game mode., Capture: 4 point KotH)
5 firearms (Ballistic AR, Energy AR, Energy Shotgun, Energy Sniper Rifle, Energy Pistol)
2 armor types (Light: 1 main weapon, Medium: 2 main weapons)
2 helmet types (Light and Medium)
1 type of grenade (Fragmentation)

So the rules now have to change since there is no longer heavy armor being able to have 2 main weapons and medium and light having 1 main weapon like we were told before.

Teams will now consist of 2 light armor and 2 medium armor. This allows half the team to bring more firepower for more situations.
All weapons are free to be used.
As far as i know the helmet type does not effect anything but cosmetic atm so any helmet is allowed.
Games mode will be only the Capture game mode unless elimination can also be a team deathmatch.

Reactions: Blind Owl

DrunkenTeddy

Order of 10 High Priest
Donor
Apr 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DrunkenTeddy
Teams will now consist of 2 light armor and 2 medium armor. This allows half the team to bring more firepower for more situations.
I'm not sure why this is needed. The idea is that Light and Medium armors will have their own benefits, why not let a team choose their own load-out? Or are we assuming CIG will make it unbalanced and one armor will be vastly superior to the other?

Reactions: Blind Owl

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
unless the run speak is different (from watching gameplay i cannot tell who is wearing what) then there is a distinct advantage between them.

Even if you assume medium armor doesn't give you more "HP" before you die with no other difference between them except for the ability to carry an extra main weapon that in and of itself is a distinct advantage.

No discernible difference in speed or size.
Effectively carrying double the firepower over the light. Even if you cannot shoot both main weapons at once you can bring weapons for more situations.
Assume for the moment it doesn't give you any more survivability at this release once everything is implemented it will at that point.

if the only difference was cosmetic it would not matter. however for the moment being just as viable as lighter armor in every way except for the ways it's better tells me it should be limited. Otherwise after the first few matches everyone will only bring medium armor and if you bring light your just making it harder on yourself.

Forgot your password?