Vanguard Variants Sale This Week Until Sept 7 - Poll Added!

What is your Guard?

• Vanguard Warden - Jack of all Trades

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Vanguard Sentinel - Black and Yellow

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Vanguard Harbinger - Rockets Away!

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
I love my Vanguard Warden LTI

Also don't star with the: OMG THE HARBINGER IS BLACK AND YELLOW, TEST SHIP CONFIRMED ........

No, no no no, bad boy/girl, bad.
Well especially since it's the Senti that is Black/Yellow. The Harby is that kind of military olive drab one.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Well especially since it's the Senti that is Black/Yellow. The Harby is that kind of military olive drab one.
There are "Battle pack kits" being sold, for $45 you can make your Sentinel into a Harbinger, and retain the black and yellow color scheme!

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
T
There are "Battle pack kits" being sold, for $45 you can make your Sentinel into a Harbinger, and retain the black and yellow color scheme!
There will be paintjobs for the ships in the pu for sure

Pr0totype dFA

Space Marshal
Jan 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Pr0totype_dFA
I'm curious if the Battlefield Upgrade Kits have LTI or however that works out. I might have missed something about it or I would buy both. I understand it doesn't change the status of LTI for the ship itself but it sounds like it might be part of it as well.

Last edited:

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Goddamit, I didn't need to know I could buy kits to swap out the internals. That is all kinds of snazzy. The only thing I don't like about the Harbinger and Sentinel models is they lose the big BRRRRRRT gun.

Last edited:

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
I would love that they keep the turret from the concept that folded into the hull of the ship, that was something I loved a lot and was really original

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
Goddamit, I didn't need to know I could buy kits to swap out the internals. That is all kinds of snazzy. The only thing I don't like about the Harbinger and Sentinel models is they lose the big BRRRRRRT gun.
yeah I would like to keep the big dakka as well

I am pretty happy with the way they offered us lots of options for the Vanguard, as this will let me have one combat/bomber/ewar ship without having to buy 3 hulls.

Last edited:

Yex

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Yex
I'm curious if the Battlefield Upgrade Kits have LTI or however that works out. I might have missed something about it or I would buy both. I understand it doesn't change the status of LTI for the ship itself but it sounds like it might be part of it as well.
BUK's follow the same insurance that's applied to your hull.
You can also reuse them swapping between the kits just like modules.

Essentially they ARE modules and the hulls are EXACTLY the same, CIG just wanted to sell it again with LTI in different colours (that we'll be able to change anyway)
Not that I'm complaining, I think it's quite excellent. Vanguard best Guard

Reactions: Pr0totype dFA

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
So, bit of a question: If I already have a Warden, and I get the Harbinger and Sentinel battlefield upgrade kits, I effectively have a Vanguard with all three BUKs, right? No need to buy the Warden BUK?

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
My father in law, RSI and TEST forum name Ducenucom just picked up the Harbringer specifically so he could fly with TESTies and offer his services :) He loves the way you guys are and can't wait to join in on the fun! Any ideas as to where he could be of assistance in the future?

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
Of course if you let untrained people play around with heavy construction equipment, they might make a killing too.
Actually... If some people can charge for skydiving lessons, pottery class, or Bob Ross styled oil painting workshops, then why not an adult-child's dream come true of a BIG ASS sandbox where they get to rent earth movers by the hour after safety training and a commensurate amount of legal waivers? Dig a trench! Build a sand castle! I would absolutely pay money for that, and I've seen stranger stuff...

Last edited:

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
My father in law, RSI and TEST forum name Ducenucom just picked up the Harbringer specifically so he could fly with TESTies and offer his services :) He loves the way you guys are and can't wait to join in on the fun! Any ideas as to where he could be of assistance in the future?
If he's like the fathers-in-law I've known, he'd be superb at leading the "Stop banging my daughter and make something of yourself" brigade. ;)

Welcome, Mister Ducenucom, and please know that KingNerd has acted in nothing less than in an exemplary, chivalrous fashion with your precious offspring! We look forward to adding your factory-fresh Harbinger to our collection of well-intentioned, yet flaming wreckage!

Last edited:
Reactions: KingNerd

Yex

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Yex
By assisting us in destroying childrens dreams while drinking copious amount of ale and enjoying not having to give a crap about anyone but our own little renegade band of badass knights.

Reactions: KingNerd

Miguelese

Commander
Aug 29, 2015
RSI Handle
Miguelese
Just slapped down for a Harby, damn beer seems to make it seem less expensive with every can. So I buy the other two upgrade kit thingies as well after another beer ofc?

Forgot your password?