[Video] About that Origin sneak peek teaser. How about medium sized Origin ship?

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Great theorycrafting. I'm guessing 500i, 3 man, carries 2 X1 bikes, 3 gimbaled S3 guns, top turret boasts 2XS3 guns, 4S3 missiles, 8-10 cargo, 1km/s, beds, head, galley, competes with the Vanguard.

Needs a luxury twist--could be three beds, cargo and bikes makes it more exploration and bounty oriented. Maybe bikes are stored externally in holds specific to them?, is why you get so much utility in such a small craft? I could see them dropping out of each wing next to the landing gear, loaded by internal tractor beams? Something that provides utility and bling.

invalidData

Commander
Jan 18, 2020
RSI Handle
invalidData

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I could see them dropping out of each wing next to the landing gear, loaded by internal tractor beams?
I think I'll end up with a 315p just for the tractor beam, although I could just get an MPUV Cargo. At least they fit in a Carrack.

I'm intrigued. Not luxury tax intrigued, but intrigued.
I think I've been solidly hooked on Crusader ships. I want to like Origin, but just don't.

Got the Star Runner and Hercules A2, might pick up an Ares, I just love their look.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I think I'll end up with a 315p just for the tractor beam, although I could just get an MPUV Cargo. At least they fit in a Carrack.

I think I've been solidly hooked on Crusader ships. I want to like Origin, but just don't.

Got the Star Runner and Hercules A2, might pick up an Ares, I just love their look.
On a recent YouTube video about Alpha vs Beta, BoredGamer mentioned that there has been stated that Crusader at some point developed a Carrier called the Jupiter.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Yes, it was in one of the lore posts, but I have a feeling if we see the Jupiter in-game it will not be purchasable as it's too large.
Too large? Large = high price, I do not think CIG would miss this opportunity to milk us more.
Large as bigger than the Javelin on par with the Bengal and other large ships which have been marked as not sold in-game or outside. This doesn't mean there can't be another pocket carrier like the Kraken.
I would still consider this a win for us gamers that like carriers of some sort. Early on in my backing them, they had stated that there would be ship carriers to help players & NPC's transport their ships from 1 location to another without having to travel all the way to where the ship is & then back in it themselves, like a futuristic version of the modern day car / truck transport semi rigs today.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I would still consider this a win for us gamers that like carriers of some sort. Early on in my backing them, they had stated that there would be ship carriers to help players & NPC's transport their ships from 1 location to another without having to travel all the way to where the ship is & then back in it themselves, like a futuristic version of the modern day car / truck transport semi rigs today.

For when you need to get your origin ships to Stanton but know deep in your heart it's just not capable of surviving the journey. Don't worry Crusaders got you covered.

one-world-shipping-network-yach-transport2-1024x509.png

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

I'm loving Crusader as well. I had the two Ares to compliment my Merc, but melted them into such time as I decide WTF I really want, lol.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
For when you need to get your origin ships to Stanton but know deep in your heart it's just not capable of surviving the journey. Don't worry Crusaders got you covered.

View attachment 15117
This!
I want this in the game, and I wanna be the driver!
Is it weird that I want the passenger liner to come out before any fighter or other capship? Lol

invalidData

Commander
Jan 18, 2020
RSI Handle
invalidData
This is what I think on what I heard from Bored Gamer:
The Jupiter sounds like it's smaller then the Kraken because it's designed to deliver their shuttles, not to be a homebase for them, so no repair and restock facillities in the stock version.
UEE uses it to bring ground vehicles to the front, so it needs to be good at athmospheric flight, landing and take off.
I imagine it more like a car ferry then an aircraft carrier. Also this information confirmes at least 2 ships: the transporter and a Crussader shuttlecraft.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
This is what I think on what I heard from Bored Gamer:
The Jupiter sounds like it's smaller then the Kraken because it's designed to deliver their shuttles, not to be a homebase for them, so no repair and restock facillities in the stock version.
UEE uses it to bring ground vehicles to the front, so it needs to be good at athmospheric flight, landing and take off.
I imagine it more like a car ferry then an aircraft carrier. Also this information confirmes at least 2 ships: the transporter and a Crussader shuttlecraft.

It will be interesting to see how this complements the Hercules.

invalidData

Commander
Jan 18, 2020
RSI Handle
invalidData
It will be interesting to see how this complements the Hercules.
Maybe it's the big brother of the Hercules, like it can transport 20 Nova tanks instead of 2... IDK
If the "shuttle" it's supposed to deliver is the Hercules then it should be capital sized, but this wouldn't fit to UEE delivers ground vehicles to the front...
I think it would fit on the whole theme of crussader to get some really big ships, with the prodiction facillities on a gas planet.

CIG stated in the past the Bengal will be mankinds biggest ship. I don't believe that will change soon. This counts for the new Origin ship as well.

Forgot your password?