Video: Crytek sues Star Citizen for breach of contract

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Christ almighty if i'd known there was going to be this much drama i'd have put my Troll hat on in my original posts.

Thats a really well-reasoned post, @Lorddarthvik ...

*Puts on Troll Hat*
This is purely a cash grab by Crytek cos they're broke as all hell, and they want nothing but to settle out of court for a nice lump some of moniez, and preferably some tech to go with it.
Well they can fuck off and when they get to wherever they fucked off to, they can fuck off from there too.

*Takes off Troll Hat*

There we go, thats my trolling for the year done, back to the psychological mind games.
*Pulls VirtualAss's puppet srtings*
Mwhahahaaaa.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Finally watched that video...

Pretty good, here's the link in case you've got this far in the thread and haven't watched it yet:

So which trial will get to court first, the Unpaid Workers Vs Crytec or Crytec vs CiG?

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika

Pretty good, here's the link in case you've got this far in the thread and haven't watched it yet:

So which trial will get to court first, the Unpaid Workers Vs Crytec or Crytec vs CiG?
Soon, we'll just have to start an entire thread filled with nothing but videos of
"Leonard French
Actual Copyright Attorney"​

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Soon, we'll just have to start an entire thread filled with nothing but videos of
"Leonard French
Actual Copyright Attorney"​
I'm going to name my first Capital Ship after him.

HeadClot

Grand Admiral
May 29, 2014
RSI Handle
HeadClot88

Allot of unpaid workers are suing crytek right now in German labor court. So they will get to them first.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
So I managed to dig up Crytek's financial records. Since the EU does not allow shell companies - All of these records are public.

https://www.bundesanzeiger.de/ebanzwww/wexsservlet

You will want to select the English option
Thanks for digging this up, made an interesting read. I say interesting, what I mean is I couldn't make heads or tails of it lol. For some reason for the top result after searhing for Crytek, it showed me the 2015 papers.
What I wanna know really, do those numbers mean they have got some multi-million euros left, or does it mean they are totally bankrupt?

HeadClot

Grand Admiral
May 29, 2014
RSI Handle
HeadClot88
Thanks for digging this up, made an interesting read. I say interesting, what I mean is I couldn't make heads or tails of it lol. For some reason for the top result after searhing for Crytek, it showed me the 2015 papers.
What I wanna know really, do those numbers mean they have got some multi-million euros left, or does it mean they are totally bankrupt?
Yeah that is what I am curious about.

I think if we are able to get previous years and make some form of curve graph that shows what is going on with them financially in a broad sense. I know that crytek has been bleeding money for years.

Last edited:

Toihva

Captain
Aug 13, 2017
RSI Handle
Dagnimaer
One thing that really caught my eye about this entire lawsuit - Jury Trial.

Now, in a criminal case, Jury trials are very common. Problem is this, and this has been told to me by many attorneys as well as my Pre-Law Prof who has over 40 yrs RL experience as a trial attorney - Jury trials are a true roll of the dice because you have no idea which they will vote and more than one case was influenced because they hated the attorney and didn't trust the 'facts' they were presenting them.

So bottom line, the fact that Crytek and the lawyers sought out a Jury trial is a signal to me that their 'strong case' isn't that strong. If it was this strong, simple case of a breach of contract no way in hell the lawyers would want a Jury trial and rather have the judge rule on it.

So needless to say, gonna be interesting if it goes to jury trial.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
One thing that really caught my eye about this entire lawsuit - Jury Trial...
it's a way to signal, "Settle with us quickly," as jury damage awards can be so unpredictable

time is not on Crytek's side

Last edited:

Toihva

Captain
Aug 13, 2017
RSI Handle
Dagnimaer
it's a way to signal,"Settle with us quickly," as jury damage awards can be so unpredictable

time is not on Crytek's side
Thing is it is a type of civil suit and odds are that the contract which may have set out a list of damages.
And again, if CIG comes out and proves how Crytek didn't hold up their end of the bargain, they can be the ones paying since CIG has already claimed that they will demand that Crytek cover it's legal bill in such a case.

And again, as for damages, don't know, since it is done in CA IIRC.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
The fact Crytek is so broke is bad news, any money spent by CIG on lawyers will not be recoverable since they have nothing.

HeadClot

Grand Admiral
May 29, 2014
RSI Handle
HeadClot88
The fact Crytek is so broke is bad news, any money spent by CIG on lawyers will not be recoverable since they have nothing.
Apart from liquidation of Crytek. That said they literally closed the shanghai office a year ago but never gave the employees notice. They just stopped paying rent.

Forgot your password?