[Video] Excited for gimbal assist in 3.5!

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Gimballed mouse pilots aim with their mouse, fixed flightstick pilots aim with their ship, although I noticed that it is also possible to fly gimballed with a flightstick, if you set look ahead and target focus correct. Your ship lags behind your aim, your aim is more precise, not dependent on the mass and inertia of your ship.

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
I think gimbal assist it great, more casuals will be playing and if its straight one-sided it will kill the fun for most of the player base. This is a video game first and a simulator second. People with flight sticks will be able to use them and not get completely smashed to pieces and will be able to enjoy a combat fight.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I agree with Toys, and I would add that this will force pilots to fly more defensively, trying to get behind their opponents because they can't depend upon their opponent's crappy shooting to keep them safe. Eventually this should force piloting skills to develop and the best pilots will still be able to hit much harder by flying fixed.

Sounds good to me.

My whiny complaint is that the ships page does not currently tell us what has gimbals. That sucks.

Does anyone know if this gimbal assist works with remote turrets, like the chin mount on the Vanguard and Polaris?

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
there is no such thing as an elite large fleet

since size is our key advantage, gimbal assist is a good thing for TEST

Corporate Efficiency FTW

Forgot your password?