Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Some say the game is being dumbed down.

I say it is not being dumbed down ENOUGH! 😀

Found this on YouTube and watched it there first. I had a strong opposing opinion but after listening to what you have said I have changed my mind. I now agree with what you said.

I thought it was being dumbed down too much but now I see that it's not balanced enough to bring in more players. Star Citizen is a complicated game but I am willing to give up some of that in exchange for a better overall experience with more people.

Star Citizen isn't about me having fun. It's about us having fun. I think I can see the bigger picture now. I feel a bit selfish for not seeing that before.

Thank you for posting this!

GrumpyCat

Space Marshal
Dec 17, 2014
RSI Handle
SofiyaPavlovena
Can I ask why we dont just make it so only turrets gimbal, and everything else is stationary?

I feel like this would give fighters a unique distinct feeling, where stuff like the freelancer misc with both its front facing and 1 turret would be really strong, and very large ships with all those turrets would be really hard to attack.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
@Montoya Your neighbour was disenfranchised? Heck, I never even had a franchise.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stevetank said:
I had a strong opposing opinion but after listening to what you have said I have changed my mind. I now agree with what you said.
You are promoted to Fleet Commander!

NO...... He should be Senior Weapons Officer.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Montoya Are you serious? RS = Red Squadron??
How is that you do not know that RS is actually Renegade Squadron?
Formally called the Bomber Boys in EVE.
I am shocked........

@Montoya
I was a fan of Gimbal Aim Assist but now that you have told us that [RS] Goloith likes it...I am re-thinking this...
I shall watch the progress very closely now..... I am suspicious of [RS] members.... I remember!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that Gimbal Aim Assist will be everything that you stated and that I also would like. We shall see.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I simply make a habit of agreeing with @Montoya I mean look at that scowl in his avatar! This dude means business! 😁

I need to watch the video when I get home, but as a member of the drunken night crew, I'm personally a huge supporter of anything that helps me shoot straight!

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
@Montoya Your neighbour was disenfranchised? Heck, I never even had a franchise.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are promoted to Fleet Commander!

NO...... He should be Senior Weapons Officer.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Montoya Are you serious? RS = Red Squadron??
How is that you do not know that RS is actually Renegade Squadron?
Formally called the Bomber Boys in EVE.
I am shocked........

@Montoya
I was a fan of Gimbal Aim Assist but now that you have told us that [RS] Goloith likes it...I am re-thinking this...
I shall watch the progress very closely now..... I am suspicious of [RS] members.... I remember!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that Gimbal Aim Assist will be everything that you stated and that I also would like. We shall see.
What's a señor weapons officer?

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
Auto assist gimbals are exactly what the game needed.

As I have argued with some of the exceptional individuals on spectrum, the problem is Auto Gimbals are copping flak because they have been dropped in at the same time as wholesale FM changes that have made flight.... Pedestrian, to say the least.

So while it feels like auto gimbals are the problem, they are not, the slow speed is the problem, just like it was the last time they slowed everything down to these speeds.

Bump speeds and acceleration values 20% and auto gimbals are suddenly not a cancer, but a valuable combat tool for everyone.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
CIG has a couple of problems like this. For me one of the biggest other than the aim system is the ship price matrix - and that one is going to be harder to fix. But I would have, well not argued, but not necessarily agreed with @Hayase a year ago... but not now. I have started basically shifting all my combat ships except I think it's 4 that have special significance. the others are becoming upgraded to exploration ships.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
CIG has a couple of problems like this. For me one of the biggest other than the aim system is the ship price matrix - and that one is going to be harder to fix. But I would have, well not argued, but not necessarily agreed with @Hayase a year ago... but not now. I have started basically shifting all my combat ships except I think it's 4 that have special significance. the others are becoming upgraded to exploration ships.
I have a handful of fighters because i have the Armada pack, but i have been flying the MIS all week in the PTU, and as it stands, i cant see why I would ever choose a fighter of it for combat again.

Other than the standard issue gatlings being short range and expensive, its just tearing shit up currently, and can carry a bit of cargo, and sleeps 4.

Forgot your password?