[Video] Law system changes in patch 3.11

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Thank you, Glorious Leader!

The missile lockl thing makes sense... thinking about it, in safe space Like UEE or other more peaceful places like the space around those Hippies over at Microtech, powering up your weapons in the first place without provercation would be an infraction, wouldn't it? There is a hotkey to activate/deactivate weapons and it would only take a small HUD update to make weapons hot ships show orange, enemies red, everything else green/blue or whatever.

Reactions: marcsand2

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Good quick review of the new law system! It will be interesting to see it in place and try it out first hand...

For the first point of Molly post I think it is referred to the PvP bounty hounting when a criminal that is near a BH die for other couse (like crash it's own ship) and it will respawn in prision for the sole reason that there was a BH newarby hwn he dies. With the new law system this will happen only if the BH is activly engaging the criminal and he dies whitin the time frame (and I suppose the time frame reset every time you hit the target).
At least this is how I decripted that frase...

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
No need to deactivate weapons. If you unequip missiles, you never can have an accidentally missile lock. However, it would be great if can deactivate certain weapon groups / types.
Of course there is a reason for doing that: ship signature.
If you want a total stealth approach turning off shields and weapon (energy in particular) will gratly reduce your ship signature: a Sabre with an all stealth setup, with shield and weapon turned off reach an Em signature around 700 for example...

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Of course there is a reason for doing that: ship signature.
If you want a total stealth approach turning off shields and weapon (energy in particular) will gratly reduce your ship signature: a Sabre with an all stealth setup, with shield and weapon turned off reach an Em signature around 700 for example...
yeah, the stealth approach. I thought that the original intend of power weapons on and off was not to accidentally lock a missile and provocate
powering up your weapons in the first place without provercation would be an infraction, wouldn't it? There is a hotkey to activate/deactivate weapons
But now I reread it, it looks more like: default weapons off. If you power them on without provocation: this is an infraction.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
But now I reread it, it looks more like: default weapons off. If you power them on without provocation: this is an infraction.
Yep, I'd theorise in super high security systems like Terra you power up your pea-shooters I would very much expect the law to start looking at you and in sensitive areas doing that without provocation will be penalized.

Heck, around Earth they may ask you to remove your weapons altogether, flying in loaded up earning you an infraction and powering up getting you the attention of the security forces.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Yep, I'd theorise in super high security systems like Terra you power up your pea-shooters I would very much expect the law to start looking at you and in sensitive areas doing that without provocation will be penalized.

Heck, around Earth they may ask you to remove your weapons altogether, flying in loaded up earning you an infraction and powering up getting you the attention of the security forces.
May be not as far as removing the weapon, but I can defenetly see some system or area, like prison.... ehm "reabilitation facility" or hight security system, to require you to fly with weapons and shield off.
Hell it could also became a requirement for landing in space port in the stanton: who would be so careless to allow a ship to enter into an hangar with all theyr weapon hot...

Forgot your password?