[Video] Montoya rips Sid Alpha a new one

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
I think there are two main issues that completely disconnect the average complainer with the facts.

The first is the entirely subjective concept of value. To one person, $100 is life changing. To them, that's a half year of disposable income. Either through bad life events or bad life decisions, it's a huge sum of money. This occurs in varying degrees with varying amounts as it goes up the economic food chain. I have personally traveled quite a bit of distance up and down that chain, so I understand how spending hundreds on an incomplete game could seem unfathomable.

Even now, at my level of financial comfort, $27,000 is a huge sum to spend on a game. However, that's just me. There is a wholly different level of income that exists in the world. I used to work for one such wealthy person. He would sign checks larger than my yearly income on a whim. He bought a brand new Indian motorcycle ($22,000) because he liked the movie "Easy Rider". He never rode it once... He decided that he wanted to spend one 4th of July at a lake so he purchased a $2,250,000 lake house... with a check...

These people love to show off their stuff. Hell, I'm not anywhere remotely close to that and I love showing off my stuff. All SC is doing is facilitating that. It doesn't matter how trivial 27k is to someone, they would still want to strut around with it. Bravo to SC for working the e-peen and making money on it like a dirty, dirty pimp. So what if it's P2W. Fking life is P2W...

The second thing that disconnects the complainers, is exactly what Montoya and others bring up every time this issue pops up. Out of all the employees in CIG, only a small portion works on ships. The vast majority is working on making our dreams a reality. People somehow think that over 400 employees are just sitting around building ships. If that were the case, we would have a new flyable ship daily. But we don't... Cause they aren't....

CIG needs the money. They need it because those 400+ employees have families to feed. They need it because despite the almost 200mil raised, the cost of employing and facilitating that many people would chew up their funds and bring the entire project to a screeching halt. They need it because at the end of the day, they aren't doing this for us. The project did not start with the sole purpose of making us happy. This game began with one simple goal. CIG and Chris Roberts would like to make tons of money.

I don't go to work every day because I love my job. I didn't pick my career because the work is "so rewarding". I work for the money. There are contributing factors, sure. However, that's why we all go to work.... for the money. Anyone that says otherwise is either lying, or a hobo... ... or a dirty hippy. If you pay me enough, I will pick up sh!t with my bare hands. I'll do it because I'm an adult and that's the way the real world works. That's why it is incredibly naive to expect CIG to do this without pushing for more money. That's what we do out in the world. Why should we judge CIG for doing the same.

/rant

Reactions: Mich Angel
Forgot your password?