Video - Official CIG Perseus Q&A

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Didn't need to watch the video any more after you said how many of these questions you got right. As the answer is all of them. But then i realized i could turn it into a drinking game for each time you are right.

I am wondering if they will take a page out of Eve's book and allow not only different ammo or being able to select ammo but also have ways to change the damage type of energy weapons. That way you can bring along different torpedoes, missiles, ammo etc and change them out based upon the type of target or what your squad mates have. The only limitation would be time to switch out the item as well as limited room to store.

Last edited:

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
We joke about dogfighting being like WWII in space, but after reading this, it appears that CR wants ship battles to be like WWI (#1) in space.

Ship battles are going to be fought within eyesight range, basically, and if the bigger weapons are all ballastic, running out of ammo and only being able to disable (and not kill) ships is going to be the major effort. You aren't going to have endless battles and never empty ammo/guns, so either you hit & withdraw, or you have some sort of logistics chain re-supply handy. If you are out-gunned, the only option will be to quantum away (ok, not an option during WWI).

In the "rock-paper-scissors" game of ship battles, this will be deadly if it can get up close to other capital ships, but first it will have to make it past either a) the torpedoes or b) the swarm of fighters guarding the other ships...the main virtue of this ship is going to be that you can crew it with 3 or 4 players, and it has the anti-fighter AI blades built in, so you can focus on the big pew pews!

Speaking of swarms of fighters, how about that rumored Aegis carrier I've been dreaming about? C'mon CIG, let me throw more money at you!

Reactions: Bambooza

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Didn't need to watch the video any more after you said how many of these questions you got right. As the answer is all of them. But then i realized i could turn it into a drinking game for each time you are right.

I am wondering if they will take a page out of Eve's book and allow not only different ammo or being able to select ammo but also have ways to change the damage type of energy weapons. That way you can bring along different torpedoes, missiles, ammo etc and change them out based upon the type of target or what your squad mates have. The only limitation would be time to switch out the item as well as limited room to store.
I don't see why not: once we'll have the phisicalized component and we'll be able to manipulete missiles and other ship components for rearm and reapair operation (this is mentioned in the Kraken Q&A if I remember correctly) I assume we'll be able to swap out the ammo rounds for the turrets and also replace the torpedos, assuming, of course, that you'll have the appropriete ammo/torpedo at your disposal, like stored in the cargo bay.

This will have, as a conseguence, that you'll be able to re-fill the torpedo launchers and the turrets ammo loader during flight without needed to dock at a space port and also this will mean that a luchky shot at your cargo bay full of torpedos and explosive round for the turrets will cause a big firework in space.

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?