[Video] Star Citizen Ships - Valentine's day sale

sovapid

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2018
RSI Handle
sovapid
Size 4 on the Heartseeker is fixed, not gimbaled. Well, unless that it is different than all the other hornets which I think is pretty unlikely.

Reactions: marcsand2

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I likewise thought it sounded fishy that the Heartseeker would have an S5 mount. To date nothing smaller than a Vanguard has an S5 mount. So I checked the page.

Wow. . .what is this? "5 Specialty Hornet S5 VariPuck Mount?

Looks like this is a different frame with an S5 mount. Looks like you could trick out this puppy as a Ghost if you like too. Ghost with Friggin' S5 badassness! Really?

Maybe I'll get a Hornet. . .

No word as to when the HS goes in game?

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I likewise thought it sounded fishy that the Heartseeker would have an S5 mount. To date nothing smaller than a Vanguard has an S5 mount. So I checked the page.

Looks like this is a different frame with an S5 mount. Looks like you could trick out this puppy as a Ghost if you like too. Ghost with Friggin' S5 badassness! Really?

Maybe I'll get a Hornet. . .

No word as to when the HS goes in game?
3.5 is when the HS goes in.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
No joke, the uses multiply in my head for an S5 weapon on a smallish bird that can take a hit. This is a friggin' beast!

There's still no S5 ballistic cannon but one supposes that will change. The S7A still has >7km range, so unless you can lock missiles (and you can't on a Ghost) if you're big enough to hit at 7km, you're toast. This is a Void Bomber killer--twice as hard to hit as a Vanguard. And my beloved Absolution Distortion Scattergun is still the end all and be all for killing things and taking their treasure.

I want one. I want one. I want one. And I never say this! I want one!

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Can anyone confirm if the 85x has red accents? Is it a variant like the Hornet heartseeker? Because the other two don't seem like actual variations?
No confirmation that I've seen. I do know the Cyclone they're selling is getting a different color.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk

wouldn't an S5 hardpoint allow you to mount a gimballed S4 laser?

the Hornet's not the nimblest of ships, I'm thinking a gimballed laser could be a very good thing.

edit: and I was just mocking the notion of theorycrafting in Alpha in another thread

what a fuckin' hypocrite

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
You are correct, its an S4 fixed.
Glorious Leader, any idea what this Speciality s5 VeriPuck Mount on Utility Items is for?

Bottom right of the below screenshot from the Heartseeker ship comparison stats page (standard super on the left, F7a in the middle, Heartseeker on the right):

Last edited:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Size 4 on the Heartseeker is fixed, not gimbaled. Well, unless that it is different than all the other hornets which I think is pretty unlikely.
No joke, the uses multiply in my head for an S5 weapon
wouldn't an S5 hardpoint allow you to mount a gimballed S4 laser?
The Hornets have a ball mount. You can't mount weapons directly on this ball mount, in contrast to the nose canard turret. Therefore you lose 1 size to get an "adapter" for weapons.
The Hornet variants differentiate themselves based on how they use the modular ball turret section. The F7A and F7C-M (military Hornet and Super Hornet) use the center of the ship for its signature ball turret. The F7C (Civilian Hornet) uses the ball turret mount for a cargo bay, though this bay can be swapped for the turret after-market. The F7C-S (Hornet Ghost) covers up the section with reflective "Void Armor" that decreases its signature. The F7C-R (Hornet Tracker) uses this section for its enhanced sensor suite.
The Heartseaker had the S5 VariPuck speciality mount, which can mount a fixed S4 weapon. The Super Hornet has a dual S2 turret, S5 to weapons = S4, S4 to gimballed = S3, S3 to dual = dual gimballed S2 weapon.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
The Hornets have a ball mount. You can't mount weapons directly on this ball mount, in contrast to the nose canard turret. Therefore you lose 1 size to get an "adapter" for weapons.
The Heartseaker had the S5 VariPuck speciality mount, which can mount a fixed S4 weapon. The Super Hornet has a dual S2 turret, S5 to weapons = S4, S4 to gimballed = S3, S3 to dual = dual gimballed S2 weapon.
@marcsand2 is the acknowledged expert for everything combat related

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
@marcsand2 is the acknowledged expert for everything combat related
Yes, that is exactly what the guns are. It gets a little confusing.

Also, FYI, I heard on reddit that the sale ends tonite, at 11:59pm PST...I'm checking to see if that is true.

Slo

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2015
RSI Handle
SLØ
If I could ccu my non-lti SH to a lti HS then I would so do it. My SH is the only non-lti ship I have left.

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
So now I have a HS, but I also have a F7C hornet as part of a game package and an upgrade to SH that I haven't applied to it. I don't think I'm going to need both of them and I don't want to lose the game package, so I'm gonna have to figure out something to do lol. I'll be able to upgrade and sell the SH in game once they add that feature right? that's the only thing I can think of atm

Forgot your password?