Video: Star Citizen Today - Jan 4th

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well there's that story in the Bible so maybe???
I'll admit I haven't read the bible back to back (Have read the Proverbs - they are great: "A fool is like a dog going back to feast upon its own vomit") but i'm sure I'd have remembered the bit in Sunday School where a guy named Gomer had to pump his own Gas?

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
LMAO it's like the 2K hysteria all over again... and what happen with that?

erh! let see... mm.. well nothing.... :beers: :beer: :beer: :beers:
The 'Year 2000' bug that made lots of IT people lots of money, was commonly know as' Y2K', I always thought that was ironic due to the fact that it was caused by shortening things,
If you recall instead of writing dates as say 1999, they just used the last two digits IE 99. So when 2000 came around PC's thought it was 1900.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
There should not be any need to do all that stuff, One of my W10 PC's auto downloaded the new patch and all is okay with it.
Yeah same here I checked the registry key and it was all ready in place and windows seem to done all update all ready too so all good here and I haven't noticed any change in performance yet..

:beer: :beers:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
The 'Year 2000' bug that made lots of IT people lots of money, was commonly know as' Y2K', I always thought that was ironic due to the fact that it was caused by shortening things,
If you recall instead of writing dates as say 1999, they just used the last two digits IE 99. So when 2000 came around PC's thought it was 1900.
Yeah remember the panic some have... LMAO tho I never saw any problem happening...

Reactions: Talonsbane

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
The AMD flaw is Spectre I believe and is also a hardware bug and no doubt the NSA has been exploiting it for years.

Bruce

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
ABAP
So, if I understand these new year gifts correctly - it means
1) no cheap virtual machines any more (only "root" level one physical CPU minimum and increments by one CPU ( Xeon etc., not just "core")
2) soon ( 2-3 years) to be made adjustments onto RAM allocation so that each CPU has no physical chance to get to other RAM
fun times

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
So, if I understand these new year gifts correctly - it means
1) no cheap virtual machines any more (only "root" level one physical CPU minimum and increments by one CPU ( Xeon etc., not just "core")
2) soon ( 2-3 years) to be made adjustments onto RAM allocation so that each CPU has no physical chance to get to other RAM
fun times
There will be a simpler solution that doesn't mean re-fabbing. Perhaps they'll come up with a low level encryption passing through a CPU/Ram that will be able to separate threads or whatever is going wrong at the moment.

Bruce

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
ABAP
There will be a simpler solution that doesn't mean re-fabbing. Perhaps they'll come up with a low level encryption passing through a CPU/Ram that will be able to separate threads or whatever is going wrong at the moment.
It would be nice, but unfortunately any "decent" encryption will kill the performance completely ... and any simple SHA is useless and everyone knows

Edgewise

Space Marshal
Jun 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Edgewise-SJ
Good video! Also, you can really easily find the drug lab by taking the mission that sends you there, then cancelling the mission if all you wanted to actually do was buy some drugs. :D

Reactions: Mich Angel

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Good video! Also, you can really easily find the drug lab by taking the mission that sends you there, then cancelling the mission if all you wanted to actually do was buy some drugs. :smile:
can you rob the dealers instead of buying from them?

sign me up

Forgot your password?