Video: Top 5 reasons they call Star Citizen a scam

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hello i'm sitting at work and just wrote a report now i'm watching this video about things i already know. We gave a farewell party to our old boss yesterday ... what i really want to say is where is my duplo?
Give a man enough Duplo to build a Duplo house, and he shall entertain himself for a day.

But give him a big-ass lego set with 7000 pieces and he shall make his own entertainment now, and every day for the rest of his life.

Reactions: Ammorn and Bambooza

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
You guys missed SOTS 16? I can't believe it! Well, what happened was:

SOTS 16 was so entertaining it outright destroyed the point of any other type of entertainment.

The first warning sign was the moment it was uploaded to YouTube - in a split-second all video streaming traffic stopped, aside from to SOTS 16 which took 100% of the viewers who were on the site at that time.

But it went further, they say 300 hours of video are uploaded every minute: that stopped instantly too, everyone was just watching SOTS 16 even people who use YouTube as a platform... Over the course of the next hour, Neilson, Rajar, the BARB and every other TV and Radio ratings company that monitored view ratings registered dwindling numbers, while SOTS 16 sucked in all viewers. It was so entertaining it was single handedly destroying the traditional media and the Youtube platform itself was straining to provide so many viewers the content.

Anywhere one would get entertainment was dealt a swift blow: Out in the parks, down at the arcade, on the sunniest of beaches, not a sound was to be heared - everyone had gone to watch SOTS 16.

...You'd think this would be great for Youtube, but they had one major problem:

Under their own terms and conditions, the video was deemed Advertiser Unfriendly. It could not be monetized. It could show no ads. Youtube was hemorrhaging - they had all the viewers, but no way to generate income from them - the cost of serving the video to all with Internet access without any comeback from ad revenue was to empty their accounts in less than an hour. There was only one thing left to do to save Entertainment as we know it....

The moment the video was placed under suspension, suspiciously cited under a "Copyright Infringement", the world returned to normal. People went outside again, people turned the radio back on and fired the TV back up, they went back out into the Arcades and Parks and Beaches... it was like that level of entertainment had never existed in the first place, aside for all who had watched it had a hollow little feeling inside knowing they would never again see anything so entertaining no matter how hard they tried... Thats why we don't talk about SOTS 16 much. We all know we'll never see that level of perfection again - it's best not to think about it.

I can't believe you missed it... you must have been at work?

Forgot your password?