Violent Video Games the truth.

MurderingPsycho

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 10, 2018
RSI Handle
Zombie_Bait
I have never understood how all the people employed to censer stuff are not maniacs if it is so bad for us?
Considering some of the ridiculous things people get censored over, I think they may be maniacs. In the US you can show people getting the skin torn from their bodies and that's fine but if a woman's nipple pops out in public it's a national emergency. To be clear, I have no problem with violence and gore in media but we have one of the strangest double standards in the world when it comes to censorship.

Our problem with this kind of violence isn't from video games, movies, music, guns or any quick fix, it's that we've become a weak willed culture. Kids are raised to believe that the world is supposed to bend to their will without any effort on their part and that if it doesn't then its okay to act out in violence. How many people in the US have seen kids throw temper tantrums and smack their parents and the only effect is that they get what they want just to calm them down. Now take someone that's already struggling mentally or emotionally and put them in that environment and this is exactly what happens. They never get the help they need and this never ends.

Most of our politicians, "journalists" and celebrities support this kind of behavior because they've found that telling people that everything about them is perfect is the quickest way to votes and fans. I can remember back in the 80's and 90's when every other week there was a news story about some other normal food that would kill you if you ate it. The problem wasn't with most of the foods that they were talking about, it was other factors, but its easier to point and say "Everyone that's ever died of a heart attack has eaten eggs in their lifetimes so eggs must cause heart attacks" than it is to actually work the problem, find the cause and fix that. Why tell people to get off their asses and exercise when you can just tell them that the heart attack was someones else's fault. Why try to cure cancer, when you can just have people change their diets and stay indoors. Why try to actually prevent violence when you can just keep pointing at random things that violent people have in common (because most people have those things in common) and blame that. It gets you quick votes and a nice pat on the head and you never actually have to do anything about it, which is great for the person that comes after you that wants to use the same tragedies to get ahead because they'll still be happening.

By their logic, if video games cause violence then so does breathing, drinking water and sleeping. And movies, ever wonder why politicians don't give violent movies the same treatment? Celebrities help them get elected so they don't want to anger them. It's not like it matters anyway because they know damn well that violence in media doesn't lead to real life violence anymore than buying star citizen is going to get me a real life space ship.....which sucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vavrik and Bambooza

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Comment redacted because I always end up pissing someone off when I talk about mass shootings haha But interesting comment, appreciated it.

Self censorship. Whatever will we come to next?
You have pissed me off with your self censorship! :D

You are correct NaffNaff, usually this is a polarized topic, but in this specific El Paso case... we can all agree, which is refreshing.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Am I thinking of Batman Forever also? That got past the censors too
Well that will never be erased from my Google Image Search files. Fearsome pair of nips, though. He'll have someones eye out with those.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
After a 15 hour work day... I log in and spent 10 minutes laughing at the posts in this thread. Well done everyone! Perfect timing.

Considering some of the ridiculous things people get censored over, I think they may be maniacs. In the US you can show people getting the skin torn from their bodies and that's fine but if a woman's nipple pops out in public it's a national emergency. To be clear, I have no problem with violence and gore in media but we have one of the strangest double standards in the world when it comes to censorship.
Don't worry, it's not just the US. And I've reached the conclusion over the years, that it's not about what's good for the public at all, it's what keeps people who work for censorship bureaus feeling useful and important. It extends to far more than censorship.

Just to illustrate, in Ontario it's possible for a stripper to walk to work with her shirt off, legally. Then get arrested when she walks into the strip club. I think that works in British Columbia and Saskatchewan too. No idea about the rest of the country. Women should try that trick in Nunavut.

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
After a 15 hour work day... I log in and spent 10 minutes laughing at the posts in this thread. Well done everyone! Perfect timing.

Don't worry, it's not just the US. And I've reached the conclusion over the years, that it's not about what's good for the public at all, it's what keeps people who work for censorship bureaus feeling useful and important. It extends to far more than censorship.

Just to illustrate, in Ontario it's possible for a stripper to walk to work with her shirt off, legally. Then get arrested when she walks into the strip club. I think that works in British Columbia and Saskatchewan too. No idea about the rest of the country. Women should try that trick in Nunavut.
Actually, strip clubs in Ontario are for the most part only subject to municipal laws, not provincial or federal ones. So it mostly depends on which city you're in :p
(SOURCE: Is from Ontario. ...also i googled it)

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Actually, strip clubs in Ontario are for the most part only subject to municipal laws, not provincial or federal ones. So it mostly depends on which city you're in :p
(SOURCE: Is from Ontario. ...also i googled it)
It's a little more complicated than this but, I'm from Ontario too, from around Ottawa.

Reactions: Sraika and Bambooza

Mushin

Space Marshal
Aug 31, 2015
RSI Handle
Naelobo
Just Senator Graham on his multi decade long crusade against video games. @Montoya cant you do something about your neighbors in South Carolina? Stop electing this guy.

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?