Warhammer 40k

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
When they say some assembly required... they aren't joking around. The Imperial Guard looked like a great army to build, big tanks, lost of troops, LOTS of troops... 15 years later I'm still trying to finish painting them all.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
When they say some assembly required... they aren't joking around. The Imperial Guard looked like a great army to build, big tanks, lost of troops, LOTS of troops... 15 years later I'm still trying to finish painting them all.
No kidding! I have 30 Guardians and had to stop assembly for a while after 20 of them. I don't know if I could ever do a horde army. But Khorne Daemonkin looks fun!

Dude Warhammer? Total War Warhammer Bro!!
It's kinda fun, and I have another post about it, but it's not 40k.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
We are the true rulers of the Universe and we'll put you back in your place!
Just as soon as we deal with the rest of them...and Slaanesh...
You guys fucked a god into existance that then corrupted you all your souls, good job.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I don't even know how many Space Marines and Tau are sitting in a box unassembled...

Then the countless unpainted Marines, Tau, Orks, Dark Eldar, fantasy and LOTR models haha.
It's taken me a year to get what you see up there! But I do have enough for battles at 500 and 1000. As long as people don't mind the grey.

DemCoconuts

Commander
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
DemCoconuts
It's taken me a year to get what you see up there! But I do have enough for battles at 500 and 1000. As long as people don't mind the grey.
I never understood why people get so up in arms about models that are assembled, but not yet painted. I get it being a deal in a major competition, but for a friendly, local game, why worry?

My collection is from 15 years of collecting on and off. I get the motivation and interest for a few months, then lose it, then get it back, ya di da di da. Vicious cycle I tell ya.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I never understood why people get so up in arms about models that are assembled, but not yet painted. I get it being a deal in a major competition, but for a friendly, local game, why worry?

My collection is from 15 years of collecting on and off. I get the motivation and interest for a few months, then lose it, then get it back, ya di da di da. Vicious cycle I tell ya.
I usually get a burst of inspiration when watching online BatReps. I use Miniwargaming for all their faults the banter is fun.

And I doubt anyone in my area would refuse to battle simply because of paint, but I haven't actually played a game yet so we'll see. People are pretty laid back in my area, but some can be dicks.

DemCoconuts

Commander
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
DemCoconuts
When I lived on the west coast of Canada, the scene was pretty competitive. We'd go down to our local Games Workshop, but the atmosphere there wasn't very welcoming to young, newcomers like myself. Guys would openly refuse to play against unpainted mini's, and there were a few regulars who consistently made fun of others paint jobs. Granted I was about twelve at the time, but it made for a bad game environment. Just pushed us to start playing at a friends place though!

Everywhere else I've played, most people are pretty good. Some of my favourite games have involved playing on a 4x8 sheet of plywood in a buddy's basement, with many, many, beers to be had!

That also seems to be when new rules get added, and regular space marines outlive the named guys. Puzzling.

Forgot your password?