WE ARE NOT ALONE ANYMORE!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
So, I'm working up some recipes using a main ingredient I call "Long Shark" and I would be very appreciative if anyone has any fresh, uh, parts, I guess, that have been frozen or recently refrigerated. I'm looking at a barbeque, an adobo recipe and some, er, steaks, beer-braised, of course. If you are cleaning up after combat in, say, the Tiber or Orion systems, for instance, and you happen to have some frozen chunks of, well, uh, protein, could you send them my way? I'm thinking that if I can craft something really tasty and convince the upper crust that this is THE new thing to have at parties, I might be able to kill two birds with one stone.
It has been my personal experience with grilling that if you would like to have really tender "steaks", that you should give them a decent marinade before allowing them to begin cooking. Down here in Texas, there is nearly a religion to "low & slow" cooking where meat is involved. My personal marinade involves a large zip-lock bag, a couple fresh limes, a few dashes of Lowry's seasoning, some freshly minced onion & garlic mixed well. Add the meat & fill the rest with Sprite until it covers all of the meat. Suck out all of the remaining air as you seal the bag to then refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Once done, cook as desired.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
more beer?
You know me so well.
So, I'm working up some recipes using a main ingredient I call "Long Shark" and I would be very appreciative if anyone has any fresh, uh, parts, I guess, that have been frozen or recently refrigerated. I'm looking at a barbeque, an adobo recipe and some, er, steaks, beer-braised, of course. If you are cleaning up after combat in, say, the Tiber or Orion systems, for instance, and you happen to have some frozen chunks of, well, uh, protein, could you send them my way? I'm thinking that if I can craft something really tasty and convince the upper crust that this is THE new thing to have at parties, I might be able to kill two birds with one stone.
Sounds delicious. *rumble rumble* annnnd now I'm starving.

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
And this is a big deal why?
It's not that it triggers my OCD badly as much as the sheer lazyness that should be working behind such obvious "mistake". Compared with the Ursa rover commercial, the one for the Prospector seems done by a seven years old with one of those stop-motion apps and a bunch of legos.

@Tealwraith, you seems to be the right person to ask, on an absolutely unrelated topic: could you please, recommend some home-made bbq sauce recipe? I've been trying one of my own, but it lacks a je ne sais quoi. Maybe we lack the proper ingredients in my country :/

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
It's not that it triggers my OCD badly as much as the sheer lazyness that should be working behind such obvious "mistake". Compared with the Ursa rover commercial, the one for the Prospector seems done by a seven years old with one of those stop-motion apps and a bunch of legos.

@Tealwraith, you seems to be the right person to ask, on an absolutely unrelated topic: could you please, recommend some home-made bbq sauce recipe? I've been trying one of my own, but it lacks a je ne sais quoi. Maybe we lack the proper ingredients in my country :/
But Lego is awesome! :wink:

Forgot your password?