We need to recruit this young lady!

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
He works on fossil fuel power plants these days so I REALLY hope he doesn't make that mistake :slight_smile:
I he works in a power plant and at least understands what's going on in the plant then he should know better i have faith in his mechanical and electrical knowledge. Lol this really makes me want to create something like this but i dont have the space in my house to do fun stuff like this. I need a bigger place.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Interesting a friend of mine for his senior year project in college built an automated bar tender instead of using pre measured pours from the bottles he used solenoid vales and determined the flow rates for all the booze and mixes. It was able to make drinks way way faster than this.
Yeah but i'm lazy and don't want to wash the thing every time i've used it. Optics in use keep the unit relatively clean whereas although faster i've got the feeling i'd be cleaning those pipes out fairly regularly if I didn't want it going manky.

Frad in'Ryth

Vice Admiral
May 25, 2017
RSI Handle
FradinRyth
Yeah but i'm lazy and don't want to wash the thing every time i've used it. Optics in use keep the unit relatively clean whereas although faster i've got the feeling i'd be cleaning those pipes out fairly regularly if I didn't want it going manky.
Good point I'll have to ask him how he resolved that. Probably something something high pressure pure grain alcohol flush of all the hoses and valves if I had to hazard a guess. ;)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Good point I'll have to ask him how he resolved that. Probably something something high pressure pure grain alcohol flush of all the hoses and valves if I had to hazard a guess. ;)
That could work, but the contamination on the next drink served would be... pronounced...

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
If you have never watched any of her videos, they are very.. informative.

Don't be fooled by her image, its just her branding, she knows her electronics!

Okay, After a serious second viewing, I have to say.
1: I love the Donkey Kong music, I think that's what it was, that was playing during her assembly shots.
2: I'm not sure if she is window dressing with other engineers -people- behind the cameras. I guess it doesn't matter.
3: Nice shop. I wish mine was that organized and clean.
4: I'm gonna have to follow her on You tube.
"Gimme that, robot." I think I'm in love.

Frad in'Ryth

Vice Admiral
May 25, 2017
RSI Handle
FradinRyth
2: I'm not sure if she is window dressing with other engineers -people- behind the cameras. I guess it doesn't matter.
If she's just fronting for other engineers she's putting more effort into it than actually learning to be an engineer.
So for science I watched some of her other videos totally picked at "random." Remember it was for science, yeah all that science in the right places... Umm what was I walking about?
View: https://youtu.be/tAVkoIq0PeQ

3: Nice shop. I wish mine was that organized and clean.
Agreed, my garage/workshop got taken over by a sailboat last spring and has been a hot mess ever since.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
So apparently Naomi is now the consumer liaison to western countries for one of the most popular entry level 3D printer companies, Creality.
I've designed a part that's becoming popular for the CR-10s...
And.... we're now cyber friends chatting about Creality's printers. Don't tell my wife.. jk

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
So apparently Naomi is now the consumer liaison to western countries for one of the most popular entry level 3D printer companies, Creality.
I've designed a part that's becoming popular for the CR-10s...
And.... we're now cyber friends chatting about Creality's printers. Don't tell my wife.. jk
There's no such thing as coincidences; clearly it's a conspiracy!
also ask her if she wants to join TEST ;)

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
we're now cyber friends chatting about Creality's printers. Don't tell my wife.. jk
Whats this worth to you?

If say, a helmet had to find its way to my house, its completely possible your wife does not find out you are chatting with a 90lbs Asian girl with Double D's that happens to love all the geeky things you love too.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Yeah that's what i would have used also. One thing he needs to remember though is the valves need to fail in the shut position(you would be surprised how many people make this mistake with machinery....)
Umm, it depends really. In certain situations, you might want valves to fail open it depends on the nature of the chemical, process, and positions in the piping. For instance, you do not want a Valve that is placed down flow of a pump to fail closed.

Case in point, a check valve operates in a manner that flow only goes one way. When installed correctly on a sump pump, it allows flow from sump pit to the discharge point, but does not allow flow back into the sump pit. Yet, if this valve fails, you want it to fail open so that when the pump turns on, water can still flow to the discharge point. You don’t want your pipes bursting or coming apart because the valve failed closed.

I also asked my wife if there are instances where you would want a valve to fail open instead of closed. Since she designs safety systems for chem plant piping and is a P.E., I feel she is a valid source.

Her response...plenty (of times)

Forgot your password?