well this is kinda upsetting

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
So yall might know do videos and such...
well... I've been working on this video I mentioned to a few for a while.. and decided to redo it once citizencon finished... I shared it on reddit on it went viral, which I'm super grateful for
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7a7k4h/star_citizen_then_to_now_30_an_emotional_journey/
^ 600 upvotes
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHKnzOKMT08

^ nearly 20K views already

And then someone has the audacity to copy the audio track instead of finding their own original track that no one else has used yet, and doesn't even ask permission from the track's author Mitchell as I did.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7agkl2/star_citizen_dare_to_dream/
Oh and he put it on citizen spotlight to boot.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
What shall we do Admiral?
Nothing... nothing at all... lol
Just venting a bit.... I wanna be like.. HEY GREAT JOB on the edit but why did you kinda rip off the song I used which I was given explicit permission to use from the musician who made it... and you weren't? But.... no.. will just talk about the idea of saying that... behind his back... cuz.. that's the "classy" thing to do right? lol fml.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Damn what freak, Well I reported it everywhere as stolen music and scam/fraud/copyright theft :angry: stuff like that piss me off ... a lot!
Me too... but.. Karma ya know... I'd rather just wait and see how things turn out.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Okay firstly this is star citizen so yeah not everyone is nice there are some who want to steal. Kudos for producing content If you stick to shit posting like me, surprisingly no one wants to nick it. I think you way is better but this way when I get disappointed I have only money investment in pixels to lose!

I though You tube had a rat them out policy on copywrite but heh I shit post what do I know.

PrimeCronus

Admiral
Sep 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Nero_Genesys
Nothing... nothing at all... lol
Just venting a bit.... I wanna be like.. HEY GREAT JOB on the edit but why did you kinda rip off the song I used which I was given explicit permission to use from the musician who made it... and you weren't? But.... no.. will just talk about the idea of saying that... behind his back... cuz.. that's the "classy" thing to do right? lol fml.
I guess youtube always strikes and bans videos who use music without permission. So, i think that's what gonna happene.

And by the way, this was the first time i saw your video, man, i can't explain the feelings i've got watching it. It's beautifull man, beautifull. Very good video!

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Well... Mitchell finalized my exclusive license agreement and let me know what happened.
The guy asked for permission earlier TODAY and wasn't clear on the situation.
Mitchell was upset about it too.

Video will go down shortly.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Well... Mitchell finalized my exclusive license agreement and let me know what happened.
The guy asked for permission earlier TODAY and wasn't clear on the situation.
Mitchell was upset about it too.

Video will go down shortly.
That's probably the best outcome, without having to go crazy about anything.

Dude has to respect intellectual property...

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
IF the fraud received anything from CIG, then they should have that stripped from them. IF all they received from CIG was credit for the video, then I think CIG should either add to the page that his vid is listed at, that he stole the idea from your vid & used the song without the expressed permission of it's author. Then drop the ban hammer on the copycat from being able to post anything to CIG from their account &/or IP.

Regardless of this, I think that the copycat / thief should be doxed in such a way that anybody who would consider working with this person on a ships crew would know that they have a dishonest personality. I would call it poetic justice if their theft caused them to find SC to be a very lonely place long term.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Welcome to the internet, where nobody owns anything.
I took a picture of a pen, once. I posted it on a photography forum in their monthly competition and won a mug .

A few months later I was bored and reverse-google-image searched the picture. Not many people had stolen it, but amongst those who had was an erotic fiction writer and blogger. They were using it as their online avatar - you'd have thought an erotic fiction writer would have had more imagination than just having a boring old pen as their avatar. A bum, for instance. Or a pair of hairy testicles.

They obviously preferred being a writer over being erotic.

Forgot your password?