What are you guys playing?

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
The Witcher 3, ahead of the Netflix show; I think I'll enjoy it more if I refresh my memory of the setting and lore before it drops.
Interesting idea, I'd think avoiding any Witcher content would help more, as they said that the show will totally ignore the games, and bend the books to their needs... still, I have much hope for this show, can't wait to see it!
(Also when they were filming here, I should have sent a tweet to Mr. Caville saying"I can see your house from here!" Cos I totally can from my window lol)

I finished The Outer Worlds, and after my first very positive impression, it turned out that the story lines/quests are rather lame. Did some of the companion and side quests, but they were weak.
Doing the World of Tanks Christmas thingies. Got my presents (beta test mmember level), the Super Hellcat is really OP and fun to play.
If you are on an EU server, add me, so you can hide behind my wreckage every mach, guaranteed!
-same as cig handle
I'm waiting for 3.8 to drop to PU so I can start earning, renting, and exploring some more!

Starscribe

Admiral
Dec 14, 2019
RSI Handle
Starscribe
Interesting idea, I'd think avoiding any Witcher content would help more, as they said that the show will totally ignore the games, and bend the books to their needs... still, I have much hope for this show, can't wait to see it!
(Also when they were filming here, I should have sent a tweet to Mr. Caville saying"I can see your house from here!" Cos I totally can from my window lol)
Not read the books (yet), but there's enough in the trailers to make me feel pretty familiar with what I'm seeing just from the games - that Geralt in the tub scene is straight out of The Witcher 3. I'm planning to squee like a fanboy at the familiar stuff - I'm sure the games borrow enough from the books for there to be a lot of common ground. Can't wait - may have to binge it all in one day!

emuell

Space Marshal
Jan 29, 2018
RSI Handle
ennu
Now I am playing Zelda Oracle of Ages, drift hunter and then I will start Oracle of Seasons. I had them pending to play since I was a kid and Im finally playing them!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous just came out and it's addictive as hell! I've always loved d&d adventure games, but this one is done super well.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous just came out and it's addictive as hell! I've always loved d&d adventure games, but this one is done super well.
I've only heard good things about it from friends as well, Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous seems to be the thing to play right now if you like fantasy/DnD/Baldurs Gate type of stuff.

Due to kids interests and mine, I bought Bus Simulator 21 yesterday.
Don't make the same mistake, the negative steam reviews are correct and not overreactions.
It is rather trashy, half finished, glitchy, you have to be online (despite singleplayer mode) and sign away all your data and shit. Most importantly The driving feels awful. I'll probably refund it today, 35 eddies is too much for this level of half-baked. Maybe by the time it's down to 8-10Euros, it will be alright.

I'd instead recommend Bus Driver from 2007. Yes, that's not a typo. 2007.
It's 1.59 eddies on Steam at the moment, or 7.99ED when not on sale. Despite the graphics and limitations it's fun simple game with hilariously bad traffic and lights, but the physics just feels right and the timetable is really challenging (but doable, mostly). Use of keyboard instead of anything fancy is also recommended for the full on passenger screams!
It's made by SCS, makers of EuroTrusckSim/ATS so if you like those games, I think you'll enjoy this as well. For the price it's awesome and its "runs on a calculator" levels of old, so it's the perfect fit for the old laptop you got lying around. It's also perfectly family friendly as you can't run over anyone or do any visible damage.

The most recent favorite of mine is Car Mechanic Simulator 2021.

If you have any interest in cars or faffing-about type of games like House flipper and such, this is a good choice as well.
It is a welcome upgrade compared to the previous (2018) edition, with better graphics, slightly more detailed and more correctly shaped parts, more modern cars, an electric car DLC so you can try repairing a model 3-alike (kinda maybe worth it imo), or if you are into Nissans there is already a licenced DLC for that (totally not worth it for me), and some minigames for using repair tools like the tire balancer. Also there are some more things to do now, like wash the car, using scraps to upgrade parts, wheel alignment, and building tuned cars for the story missions. The skill progression system is better as well. It took me about 40-45 hours at a leisurely pace to get every upgrade for my shop while already owning multiple fully repaired and upgraded cars of my own. And yes, you can drive every car you come across in the game on an airfield, a test track and race track. You can now also paint every single part of the car to any color you want, which I just found out about while checking the price on steam lol.
I've played train/airplane/tank/motorcycle mechanic sims so far, and they all lack in flow and/or detail, this has the most logical and streamlined yet detailed enough build-progression system and interface from all of these casual vehicle mechanic games.
Last but not least, with the parts being shaped mostly correctly, it's a great way to learn the very basics of how a car is made up under the skin.
Price is 20.99eddies (demo available as well).

Forgot your password?