What did CitizenCon do to your fleet?

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
The cat one would be hard, I'm waiting on the anniversary sale to get my prospector back via CCU. Still a nice little fleet you have there.
Thanks, mate. This decision to melt the Cat (package!) was definitely a hard one. I thought over it two days and one more or less sleepless night. Finally, it was the option to buy her possibly back next year, which convinced myself to do it. The next decision was: do I upgrade a ship of my exploration pack? Finally, didn't do that. Instead I bought back a P72 LTI with 30 real bucks, CCU'd it with the ingame funds then. The Prospector is the poorest kid in my family, kind of unwished child. Bought her anyway, but every time I'm in need of ingame funds, I'm melting her - only for rebuying her at the next opportunity :D The fastest decision was to melt the Blade and buy the SuperHornet. I always wanted her, as opposition to everyone's Sabre. The Blade (Scythe) was kind of 2nd best option. But as soon as I recognized the current sale, the Blade was dead - long live the SuperHornet :D

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I only need an Endeavor and I am finished with ships. Unless they bring out an actual dedicated stealth ship. Which could be fulfilled by the Dragonfly honestly. It fits the bill of small profile, low signature, and low armaments. I didn't think of that when buying one. Maybe I'll get two!

Rabidsponge

Space Marshal
Mar 30, 2015
RSI Handle
Khlutz
Completed it finally.

Prospector – Mining/ Starter ship
Freelancer Max – Cargo/ Start ship

Retaliator – Bomber

Vanguard – Fighter (buy back LTI, I don’t have have it yet, but re buying tonight!)

Caterpillar – Misc activities

Banu MM – ‘End’ Game ship
Starfarer Gemini – For all your heavy armoured refueling needs
Aurora – Game package/ my lend out to a friend ship.
J

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Unfortunately, buybacks are only for the base ship in a package, any upgrades are lost (you still get the value in melt credit). If you want to buy it back, it would have had to have been an LX from the start. Sorry man.

I am a huge dummy, carry on.
My Sabre was a CCUd LX CCUd from a LX, so now i have a LX in buyback
Not at all, good point, I mixed up my initial phrase. I corrected that :D

Captain Call

Space Marshal
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Captain W F Call
Melted my Endeavor Discovery, SH, Saber, Retaliator Base & Modules, some Dragonflies, P-72, Argo Cargo & Personnel, Tracker for the Carrier Air Wing - Polaris, MIS, Gladiator & Gladius PLUS getting the SH, Saber & Bomber all back with LTI.

Unless CIG comes out with something I cannot live without - I figure I have a year (at least) to get the Endeavor & Modules out of Buy-Back --- the Argo And Flies and others - as money allows and we see the direction of the game.... Overall I feel good with the upgrade

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
Melted my Endeavor Discovery, SH, Saber, Retaliator Base & Modules, some Dragonflies, P-72, Argo Cargo & Personnel, Tracker for the Carrier Air Wing - Polaris, MIS, Gladiator & Gladius PLUS getting the SH, Saber & Bomber all back with LTI.

Unless CIG comes out with something I cannot live without - I figure I have a year (at least) to get the Endeavor & Modules out of Buy-Back --- the Argo And Flies and others - as money allows and we see the direction of the game.... Overall I feel good with the upgrade
Getting the LTI is a nice bonus especially on the rarer ships. Still undecided on the endeavour myself, needs some fleshing out for me.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam

This. buyback option = best invention of CIG; finally for drawing even moar money out of our pockets :D

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Added my 3rd very large/cap ship with the Polaris (super sexy WarChip) and hope I am basically done for a while as I have now grown my investment to about 3X my original self-imposed limit.

Dragonfly Black (X2)
Dragonfly Yellowjacket (TEST colors of course, how could I say no)
P-52 Merlin (w/Connie)
Gladius
Mustang Beta
Mustang Delta
Pisces (w/Carrack)
F7C
Terrapin
Constellation Andromeda
Carrack
Polaris

FleetView (1).png

My focus for persistent universe is exploration and combat/security and I can now field a pretty good number of ships - need to add a few game packages back in as well so will probably get an Aurora LN since I do not currently possess an approved TEST StarCoffin, and maybe a SpacePenguin.

'Gimp

Last edited:

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
My fleet actually shrank this sale.
Cat with Fleas combo still safe from my melty madness, as well as my Aurora game package.
I melted Lancer MAX and then CCUed Ghost to SH, also getting $0 SH to Lancer MIS, yet to be applied. My thinking is maybe MIS will be a beefy mission runner with black and yellow paint job. Until then, SH will taxi me to my slow-motion volleyball games.
Still have $100 in credit, possibly to put to reworked Cutlass or buyback of the Bucky when either of those come out.

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
I ended up just CCUíng my Reliant to a Hornet Ghost.

No, that's not something that just available during the ship sale, but the opportunity to fly all ships allowed me to prove that the tracker scanner fitted onto the Ghost, and that was good enough to trigger the purchase. Thank you RSI, it was nice to be able to play with a bunch of out-of-my-price-range ships :)

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
I ended up just CCUíng my Reliant to a Hornet Ghost.

No, that's not something that just available during the ship sale, but the opportunity to fly all ships allowed me to prove that the tracker scanner fitted onto the Ghost, and that was good enough to trigger the purchase. Thank you RSI, it was nice to be able to play with a bunch of out-of-my-price-range ships :)
Nice upgrade and a good reminder of how the free-flys help RSI as well as being fun for us.

Forgot your password?