What does LTI mean to you?

Wrinkle

Captain
Oct 13, 2017
RSI Handle
Wrinkle
Hey test!

So what does LTI mean to you?
Is it a badge of honour; to show that you helped fund development?
Are you afraid you might lose a ship you spent money on?
Do you just like the idea of not having to spend hull insurance on your ship?

Personally its all of the above for me. Would it upset you if LTI was removed or changed?

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Bragging rights and less I have to worry about maintaining in-game.

Removing it outright would be annoying unless there was a solid reason provided for why. As for changing it, that would depend on the details of how and why (and how well it is explained.)

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
I might be alone (but probably not) but I personally don't look at it like a badge of honor. I helped fund development and all I really want from that is to see a finished game before I'm geriatric. And I wouldn't say it's a matter of liking the idea of not having to spend hull insurance or necessarily being afraid I'd lose my ship, but those touch on it. I'm pretty sure that my play time is going to be limited and I know that I'm going to need to use my UEC for repairs, resupplies, refueling and saving for bigger ships so with those two factors I don't want to have to add worrying about insurance on top of it. It really comes down to a matter of convenience for me honestly

Wrinkle

Captain
Oct 13, 2017
RSI Handle
Wrinkle
Bragging rights and less I have to worry about maintaining in-game.

Removing it outright would be annoying unless there was a solid reason provided for why. As for changing it, that would depend on the details of how and why (and how well it is explained.)
I would agree, I've just had a few conversations with my friends about SC in the past and a recurring issue about LTI kept coming up. They all said that things like LTI even if it was a small advantage didn't look good from the outside looking in and stopped them for getting invested in the game. I told them that you can still get LTI but they basically said no matter how you slice it, big or small advantage, it was still an unattractive element of the game. Which honestly hearing it from their point of view I cant disagree.

Its got me thinking if removing or changing LTI is some way might be better for the game.

Edit: Would achieving a better game image for new players be a good reason for you?

Last edited:

Xenorak

Grand Admiral
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Xenorak
I get LTI when able but its not really a requirement personally. For certain vessels it makes me feel better (Carrack, Kraken) and others came with it at the time of decision (Gladius Valiant, Sabre Comet) of course I made an effort at times to get other vessels LTI with cheap ships and upgrades but all and all I view it more as a convenience for myself. Heck my main game package with SC and SQ42 is only a 6 month insured package that I had CCU'd to a Gladiator.

Raither

Captain
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Dr_McLaren
LTI on ships like my Hawk, or other small ships will be minimal and probably pretty much be a tiny convenience, but fleet owners that are very active for orgs and getting wrecked a lot in battles etc, that could get costly and could save a lot of in-game $ if the large fleet ships are all LTI (also, afaik LTI is hull only, does not cover cargo or assets like upgraded guns, modules etc)

Time will tell

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
CIG could completely make LTI irrelevant by introducing new year models of various ships with some tweaked stats once the game really gets going. People would start moving away from small time LTI ships for the better ones but eventually even large ships people would to toward the new versions.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I would agree, I've just had a few conversations with my friends about SC in the past and a recurring issue about LTI kept coming up. They all said that things like LTI even if it was a small advantage didn't look good from the outside looking in and stopped them for getting invested in the game. I told them that you can still get LTI but they basically said no matter how you slice it, big or small advantage, it was still an unattractive element of the game. Which honestly hearing it from their point of view I cant disagree.

Its got me thinking if removing or changing LTI is some way might be better for the game.

Edit: Would achieving a better game image for new players be a good reason for you?
Until the entire insurance mechanic is implemented so we can see exactly how it works, what the costs are, and everything else that goes along with that, we really don't know how much of an advantage (beyond convenience) it'll really be.

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
To me LTI means that i have my small base fleet of ships covered. My large ships a beerfarer and a carrack are my main concerns for LTI as they are my big investments. My durr and Aquila re a plus to have them on LTi. But right now its going to take one heck of a ship to get me to buy anything before the game releases, Simple fact is there are alot of ships i want, but i want to earn them in game to reward myself for playing. that includes the large freighters i want also. Once i can afford the larger ships in game insurance wont be an issue at all.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Insurance is going to be so miniscule in the game that LTI or 5 year or even 6 month insurance wont mean a thing to us. It has been mentioned multiple times anytime insurance is brought up during one of the weekly shows and the devs have to talk about it.

Long story, short...... dont covet that which holds no magnitude.

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
LTI means one less money sink (no matter how little) that I have to participate in. For the average player, it wont mean very much as insurance will be cheap. However, for someone who plans on main lining industrial ships (cargo/mining), it means more overall profit. Just my opinion.

Shiwaz

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Shiwaz
LTI = Convenience, negligable savings. Wont matter as much as some people seem to think, but if it makes them throw more money into the project, fine by me.
Ship purchasing = Time might be a limiter for me once the game goes live and this gives me the oppurtunity to explore my chosen careers in my ships of choice for these roles.
Pledging money for SC = This is the big one for me. I NEED to experience this game in my lifetime!

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Hey test!

So what does LTI mean to you?
Is it a badge of honour; to show that you helped fund development?
Are you afraid you might lose a ship you spent money on?
Do you just like the idea of not having to spend hull insurance on your ship?

Personally its all of the above for me. Would it upset you if LTI was removed or changed?
I see my self supporting and backing above the 5K$+ range.
That mean a lot a ships, so even if insurance is a symbolic payment, it will add up when you got a lot a ship that is cash in game I can use to other stuff...
So for me LTI is a convenience, security on my ships and I can focus on other stuff in game. : - D

Forgot your password?