What movies do fellow TESTies enjoy? Top Three.

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
3rd place -- Top Gun
2nd place -- The Outlaw Josey Wales
1st Place-- I need to explain this to the UK members. I live near Leicester which is a very diverse city with a thriving Asian culture which I love . I have dated a number of Asian girls and my best pal is a Hindu. So I am into the Bollywood scene bigtime. So for my number one film I have to select a Bollywood classic. In fact it is the film that started Bollywood, its Sid James in Carry on up the Khyber
-
--
-
-
-
-
-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l_3-23zAWM

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-3dqb1izAo

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1IOfbMqRHA

Last edited:

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
3. Anything that is horrible
Kung Furry was the best thing I’ve seen in a while.

I have too many to list, but Train Spotting, Black Hawk Down, and Naked Lunch are definitely up there- along with most of the movies everyone is listing. I’ve never sat through a Bollywood movie, though. I’ll have to give it a try.

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
Kung Furry was the best thing I’ve seen in a while.

I have too many to list, but Train Spotting, Black Hawk Down, and Naked Lunch are definitely up there- along with most of the movies everyone is listing. I’ve never sat through a Bollywood movie, though. I’ll have to give it a try.
Do not take my mention of Bollywood as a recommendation! But Give it a go if you like.

Reactions: Ezz

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Oh no no no... it's impossible! I can't do just 3! So many great movies listed above, I can hardly think about my own choices lol.
If I must, it would probably be

Star Wars (original Trilogy)
Indiana Jones (again, original Trilogy)
Matrix (just the one)

Honorable mention to Die Hard, anything with Leslie Nielsen as long as it's a comedy, Airplane 1-2, Desperado

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Oh no no no... it's impossible! I can't do just 3! So many great movies listed above, I can hardly think about my own choices lol.
If I must, it would probably be

Star Wars (original Trilogy)
Indiana Jones (again, original Trilogy)
Matrix (just the one)

Honorable mention to Die Hard, anything with Leslie Nielsen as long as it's a comedy, Airplane 1-2, Desperado
Whaaat? you didnt like the giant alien head movie?

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Don't watch to many of the older classics to be honest.
You really should watch at least that one it was honestly probably one of the best movies for its time i still watch it to this date i kind of hope but not really for a good remake(not like some of the other remakes they have done recently on greek mythology.)

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Why not some classics like

Nothing beats those awesome CG scenes.

Those are the best skeletons I've ever seen in a movie or game, period. I know, I know... there are pretty CG ones in all kinds of games and movies, but somehow those are just not tangible enough to get me.
The work that went into those stop motion figures is truly amazing. From the grungy bones, the shiny metal shields, to the highly animated poses (just look at the one "shouting" at the guy!) it's totally believable. Maybe because they leave just enough to my imagination, and remind me of the scary pixely skeletons in Diablo which did the same for me. It fills me with great nostalgia, and a sense of fear of them I felt as a kid. Those were some tough enemies in the early game ya know :D
Even though I'm kinda supposed to be against practical props/monsters (CG artist), I love em, and wish I could own some of them.

Reactions: Ezz and Sirus7264

Thoriam

Admiral
Feb 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Thoriam
Honorable mention: Any Movie with Star Wars in the title.

3.5 Princess Bride
3. The 5th Element
2. Goonies
1. Fight Club

Gauna

Graphic Goddess
Officer
Nov 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Gauna
Top three? F**k you!

5. Gantz : O (O for Osaka)

4. Guardians of The Galaxy: Vol.2 (had best End Credits ever!!!)

3. Mad Max: Fury Road

2. Blade Runner 2049

1. ALIEN (every movies like quadrilogy, Prometheus and Covenant)

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Top three? F**k you!

5. Gantz : O (O for Osaka)
I'm pretty sure its supposed to be a prequil and named Gantz Zero i'll have to ask my wife to make sure That's really strange they called it gantz O in america Even on the poster you posted that is definately a zero and not an O. I'll also check my japanese netflix when i get home tonight as i'm sure they called it zero also in the title

Gauna

Graphic Goddess
Officer
Nov 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Gauna
I'm pretty sure its supposed to be a prequil and named Gantz Zero i'll have to ask my wife to make sure That's really strange they called it gantz O in america Even on the poster you posted that is definately a zero and not an O. I'll also check my japanese netflix when i get home tonight as i'm sure they called it zero also in the title
In Japan, they named it O (capital letter "o") after the second largest city in Japan, "Osaka". For reasons, this movie was based of 240th chapter of the Gantz manga about a team teleported from Tokyo to Osaka, meet "Osaka Team" and fight the aliens.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
The Princess Bride
Doctor Horrible's Singalong Blong

Thanks now I got to watch them all again.

Forgot your password?