What ship would you live in?

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Corsaaaaaaaaaair
I will be playing mostly solo or with 1 or 2 friends at max (short playsessions) so the Corsair ticks most my boxes. Plenty of firepower in the pilots hands.
Im hoping for an airlock between the cockpit and turrets (seems to be one if you look at the fleetview model). It also doesnt have a dedicated recreation room which is the biggest waste of space in a a ship imo.

Firebrand

Captain
Oct 13, 2020
RSI Handle
Qallus
Corsaaaaaaaaaair
I will be playing mostly solo or with 1 or 2 friends at max (short playsessions) so the Corsair ticks most my boxes. Plenty of firepower in the pilots hands.
Im hoping for an airlock between the cockpit and turrets (seems to be one if you look at the fleetview model). It also doesnt have a dedicated recreation room which is the biggest waste of space in a a ship imo.
The Corsair would definitely be on my short list too.

Sayora

Grand Admiral
Donor
Oct 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Sayora
I have planned the MSR to be my "Daily Driver" since it's concept and that hasn't changed in the time between that and flight ready. It has all the things I need, it's good sized with out being too huge to handle. And it has all I need to "live" in without bloat.

I have a Carrack as well, it's amazing, totally can do more then the MSR and do it longer without needing to be near re-supply, will be great when you have a bigger group available, but day to day will more be in the MSR.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I have planned the MSR to be my "Daily Driver" since it's concept and that hasn't changed in the time between that and flight ready. It has all the things I need, it's good sized with out being too huge to handle. And it has all I need to "live" in without bloat.

I have a Carrack as well, it's amazing, totally can do more then the MSR and do it longer without needing to be near re-supply, will be great when you have a bigger group available, but day to day will more be in the MSR.
I say you hit it spot on, I have to second that..

🍻

But if you mean really live on as live on, I pick some larger..
Like Kraken.. or why not... Some that have hangar big enough to spawn/carry or store ship..
Like the Endeavor.. oh that garden and all the food you be able to grow... and it's modular to change in to a lot of useful things.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
The simple question is, do you prefer pool, or chess?

(ps. am I the only weirdo that likes living in my Mole??!?!!)

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Between those two, the carrack.

between the MSR and any ship smaller than the 600, the MSR.

Ships to “live” on, in order (using all ships currently available in-game in SC)
carrack
MSR
Phoenix
Reclaimer
Hammerhead
Starfarer
MOLE
Regular Connie
Freelancer
Cutlass Red
Caterpillar
Vanguard
Retaliator
Prospector
Valkyrie
300 series
Terapin
avenger
defender
Reliant
Aurora
Cutlass black/blue
100 series

If it’s not on the above list but has a bed, I would not want to live on it...or I somehow overlooked it.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Between those two, i'd pick the Carrack.

My personal definition of a good ship to live in is something with decent firepower, able to carry a vehicle for weekend strolls, some gargantuan cargo, and if possible a med bay, the reason i'd go beyond Carrack size.
So in that order i'd pick :
Corsair (eventually MSR, but low on dps), probably my daily ship,
Carrack for long strolls, i'm very interested by the exploration profession,
Polaris for group barbecues & beers,
Endeavor, or Hull C/D/E because it can adapt to my gaming mood and likes (except no pew pew with those),
Kraken for wild ore(gy) parties, loaded with prospectors and moles 😉

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I say you hit it spot on, I have to second that..

🍻

But if you mean really live on as live on, I pick some larger..
Like Kraken.. or why not... Some that have hangar big enough to spawn/carry or store ship..
Like the Endeavor.. oh that garden and all the food you be able to grow... and it's modular to change in to a lot of useful things.
Yep, my home is going to be my Endeavor, the Ambergris.

I'm not planning on making a hab on the ground - why suffer some pitiful mud ball when you have the glory of infinity to live in and explore?

Forgot your password?