What was your first (backer) ship in Star Citizen?

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
1.What was your first ship purchase? - Purchased the Aurora MR Starter Package + Squadron 42
2. Why you bought it? Best starter pack to get into SC - the Aurora had a bed, unlike the Mustang Alpha
3. Do you still own it? LOL
4. If not, what did you upgrade to? Upgraded to AVENGER TITAN

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
1.What was your first ship purchase?
Aurora MR (quickly changed that to LN and then Avenger)
2. Why you bought it?
It was the starter package
3. Do you still own it?
No
4. If not, what did you upgrade to? (after a long story of melting and ccuing)
Scoundrel pack with Caterpiller, MAX, DUR (maybe upgrade), Starrunner (will upgrade to Hull C when available), Dragonfly, Ranger cv

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
According to my Hangar Logs mine was a P52 Merlin.

The real reason is lost to memory, but I think it was to have something a touch more fightery along side my Pledge Pack Aurora LN and I loved the idea of that spinal gun...

I didn't have a PC capable of playing the game at the time and the Merlin was melted a month after I got it to upgrade the LN to an Avenger, long before I could play. The LN has since been melted and bought-back to release the credits value that was locked in it from CCUing a ship that wasn't LTI, the value was put into a Connie Taurus which was my first Life Time Insurance ship, named "Reoccuring Tendencies 2" which I still have.

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
1.What was your first ship purchase? Aurora + SQ42
2. Why you bought it? Looking through org pages had decided to join TEST SQUADRON and TEST made it clear it was a good torpedo.. 🤪
3. Do you still own it? No...
4. If not, what did you upgrade to? 🤣 Oh! that list will be way to long.. 🧐

🍻

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
I backed at the "Bounty Hunter" level, because had I gone "all in", my new wife-to-be would have been furious.

So, I got my Hornet... then I upgraded it to a Super-Hornet, and I still have that in my hangar.

Of course, I also have a bunch of other ships, as well, including the Cutlass Black, the Vanguard, an Aurora, and a Mustang

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
2. Why you bought it?
3. Do you still own it?
4. If not, what did you upgrade to?
1. MR with SQ42
2. Best starter with SQ42 but unfortunately without LTI
3. Nope, I first upgraded it to an LN, eventually I bought a concept LN
4. LN, because more firepower

John Profit

Admiral
Aug 6, 2016
RSI Handle
John profit
Share with our members:
2. Why you bought it?
3. Do you still own it?

1. Mine was an Aegis Avenger Stalker
2. Reminded me of the Space Shuttle
3. I upgraded to to a Constellation Andromeda
4. (And bought another one later!)

View attachment 13396
My first package was the Cutlass. It was the most versatile ship in the game at the time for fighter, cargo, had beds, and would be able to jump and sounded maneuverable at the time. My current favored is my Polaris, BMM, Reclaimer and Carrack. But will probably be flying my Constelation Taurus solo mostly.

Zapper Weisman

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 14, 2018
RSI Handle
ZapperWeisman
My first ship was the Constellation Andromeda package with all those flair items and 6 months insurance.
I bought it because it was the most expensive package I could buy at the time and I didn't know much about the ship, to be honest.
I no longer own the Andromeda.
I CCU'ed the Andromeda to the Aquila so I could keep the pack with all those cutesy items and get a ship I liked better, as exploration is likely to be my main thing next to medical support.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
2. Why you bought it?
3. Do you still own it?

1. 325A and Connie Taurus
2. A less expensive fighter, but with room for some cargo. Not as powerful as the Hornet or even the Gladius, but still a good all around T2 starter ship that could let me go in almost any direction I wanted. The Taurus was a advertised as less powerful Andromeda, but with a smuggling compartment and more cargo room. It was the biggest ship you could fly solo if you wanted to, but also has room for group play. It was a good package deal.
3. No, both have since been melted for credits.
4. Same ships, but with LTI. Connie package (not a physical package) was good, but the package I got to replace it was even better. I have both for the same reasons I first got them.

Fastball

Admiral
Dec 7, 2018
RSI Handle
Fastball
1.What was your first ship purchase? - Colonel package November 11. 2012 that came with a F7C Hornet
2. Why you bought it? - Kickstarter Pledge/first game package to support CR with Squadron 42 and this crazy thing that is Star Citizen
3. Do you still own it? - I still have the package, but not the ship
4. If not, what did you upgrade to? - Hornet Ghost.

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
1.What was your first ship purchase? --> Aurora MR (+SQ42)
2. Why you bought it? --> There was only 2 choices for a starter package: Aurora or Mustang. Because you can only get into the TEST Squadron if you have an Aurora (and if you don't you will be provided with one), picking the Aurora seemed reasonable. The main perk, however, had been a bed. Also, overall Aurora seemed more versatile, and the top and bottom view for the cockpit was another advantage.
3. Do you still own it? --> Yes, because you can only be part of the TEST Squadron if you have an Aurora (and if you don't you will be provided with one).
4. If not, what did you upgrade to? --> refer point 3.

🍻

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Origin 300i

2. Why you bought it?
Sleek look, wanted a maneuverable, quick fighter that looked cool.

3. Do you still own it?
No

Origin 325a

Forgot your password?