What's the Point of doing this Luminalia Celebration with a wipe coming in 3.18

Ltmifune

Captain
Nov 6, 2022
RSI Handle
ltmifune
Alright the mystery has been solved. There is a point free loot that gets added to your hanger.

I don't know when the wipe will be, but what's the point of getting in-game items with a wipe around the corner. It seems like a bad time to celebrate with free goodies that you'll get to keep for short amount of time.

Last edited:

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Could be said about anything in-game until release (or at least until CIG makes an official announcement that there will no longer be any wipes, but that likely won't happen until sometime during Beta.)
So, the point is to have fun and test, if it doesn't seem fun to you and not something that interests you to test, then just skip it.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Items? Only thing I remember keeping from last year was a plushy or something similarly useless, even though there were themed clothes and stuff if I'm not mistaken. I may even have something attributed to my acc but I never have access to it. Same with stuff like some one off leather jacket and such from other events. Shits broken AF.
What can we find this year?

I agree w OP, I don't feel like grinding gift boxes or whatever this year's free lunch is, when we gonna lose all of it soon.

Opiepal

Space Marshal
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Opiepal
Items? Only thing I remember keeping from last year was a plushy or something similarly useless, even though there were themed clothes and stuff if I'm not mistaken. I may even have something attributed to my acc but I never have access to it. Same with stuff like some one off leather jacket and such from other events. Shits broken AF.
What can we find this year?

I agree w OP, I don't feel like grinding gift boxes or whatever this year's free lunch is, when we gonna lose all of it soon.
Their were paints last year as well.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
is there a good method to finding them or are they literally hidden randomly around the ports and facilities?
Generally: Some you loot, or in boxes at mission sites. You might need the mission to get them. Some are in stores where you need aUEC to get them.
They have toyed with hidden treasure hunts, but they're only really interesting the first dozen times or so, and I can't remember if any of them were ever something you could keep. I don't recall much of value. I mean the last time I did that, Delamar was still in Stanton.

speaking of which

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
last year logging into the calendar on the website every day put an entry in your hangar, the jumper, knife and paints worked in game and the stuff about the hoverquad was... what it was.

Screenshot_20221209-071103.png

The gift boxes littered around the Verse to pick up and sell have previoisly just been laying around the place seemingly at random, most easily found at the major space ports. Can't guarantee it'll be the same this year but likely will be.

Last edited:

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
and the stuff about the hoverquad was... what it was.
Yess... Free JPEG... Yay!
This year will be com-plete-ly different though according to the RSI site:
"For the first time, 100% of the gifts are usable in-game "
At least I read this as no-more-wallpapers.
Might turn out to be nothing but a hotdog and a can of coke but at least it will be a hangar bound hotdog and can of coke.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
last year logging into the calendar on the website every day put an entry in your hangar, the jumper, knife and paints worked in game and the stuff about the hoverquad was... what it was.

View attachment 23903

The gift boxes littered around the Verse to pick up and sell have previoisly just been laying around the place seemingly at random, most easily found at the major space ports. Can't guarantee it'll be the same this year but likely will be.
I got all attributed and non showed up ingame after the patch and ever since. Same with an invictus jacket, it was there, then patch came and it was gone. So yeah, I'm not too keen on collecting whatever we get this year...

Found a gift box yesterday, what are they worth this year?

RoosterRage

Captain
Donor
Jul 16, 2022
RSI Handle
RoosterRage
I got all attributed and non showed up ingame after the patch and ever since. Same with an invictus jacket, it was there, then patch came and it was gone. So yeah, I'm not too keen on collecting whatever we get this year...

Found a gift box yesterday, what are they worth this year?
Odd I have all my stuff including all 3 paints from last year the Cat's skin looks the best with the blue and white.

LurchLord

Space Marshal
Apr 30, 2016
RSI Handle
LurchLord
I will quote myself from the cesspit of Spectrum, from a thread named pretty much the same as this one.

"The point of Luminalia is to be Luminalia. Why does everything have to be a MinMax-Event? Why can't something just be for the sake of being?"

Aunt Edith says:
Are you sure about the Invictus jacket? I was wearing mine during IAE this year

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I will quote myself from the cesspit of Spectrum, from a thread named pretty much the same as this one.

"The point of Luminalia is to be Luminalia. Why does everything have to be a MinMax-Event? Why can't something just be for the sake of being?"

Aunt Edith says:

Are you sure about the Invictus jacket? I was wearing mine during IAE this year
You are not wrong on that one, not everything has to be minmaxed. But if all the event's activites revolve around making money with collecting boxes and doing deliveries, what am I supposed to enjoy about it "just being"?

For me the issue isn't the impending wipe/loss of gains, but more like the lack of stuff to see or do in regards to the event other than making money.
You can go check out the 2 "secret" spots I've been to every year, you can hunt boxes, deliver boxes, and that's about it. CIG could at least dress up the main locations with festive stuff, like adding colorful lights to the huge flying barges on Orison and such so we have something to look at!
But understandably it's not a priority at the moment to flesh out such an event. It would create more backlash from the dumpster lurkers of Spectrum than positivity so we get the same minimalistic event we got for the last couple of years. So I think it's fair to say there isn't much pull to such an event for someone who has seen it 3+ times already apart from making some cash, especially with so much hype for 3.18 being just around the corner.

Yes, sadly I'm sure on the jacket as well. I wanted to wear it too to the event but couldn't.
My account is borked like that. I'll send in yet another ticket if they don't show up after the patch.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Must admit that Aurora paint from last year is daaaamn fine.
True that. And the Catterpillar even got two of them. So junk aside there were some nice gifts behind those doors.
Looking forward to this year too.
Even if there is only one useful item dropping, thats still one good item for free.
And if on the last day they gift us with an Aurora RUDY Editio with red tinted glass and all size 2 weapon mounts and lets dare hope an SCM Speed of 200 THEN I promise to be a good boy next year too. 😊🤞

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Last edited:
Forgot your password?