Status
Not open for further replies.

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
Its like staring at a school bus fire. I'm oddly aroused....
I need to get my hands on a muzzle loader or reloading equipment. I'd love to see what it's like to shoot with flash powder. Depending on results and how you could blend flash powder with other powders you could create the best carry gun. You could carry 3 brace of pistols, specifically dragoon pistols aka hand blunderbusses. You could dress in 17th century style clothes and look like a pirate so nobody would think your guns are real thinking you're cosplaying or dressing up. If you had to draw and shoot, all assailants(and everyone else) would be immediately blinded by the muzzle flash and deafened by the thunderous muzzle blast. As they regain their vision they'd be confused by the area being clouded up with smoke. You could use this time to reposition and reload if you need to, or come up with an exit strategy. That is if the assailants didn't have all their flesh torn off their skeleton and bones scorched in the portions of their body that were hit in the cone of annihilation.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I need to get my hands on a muzzle loader or reloading equipment. I'd love to see what it's like to shoot with flash powder. Depending on results and how you could blend flash powder with other powders you could create the best carry gun. You could carry 3 brace of pistols, specifically dragoon pistols aka hand blunderbusses. You could dress in 17th century style clothes and look like a pirate so nobody would think your guns are real thinking you're cosplaying or dressing up. If you had to draw and shoot, all assailants(and everyone else) would be immediately blinded by the muzzle flash and deafened by the thunderous muzzle blast. As they regain their vision they'd be confused by the area being clouded up with smoke. You could use this time to reposition and reload if you need to, or come up with an exit strategy. That is if the assailants didn't have all their flesh torn off their skeleton and bones scorched in the portions of their body that were hit in the cone of annihilation.

ShakyWater

Vice Admiral
Jan 4, 2017
RSI Handle
shakywater
I feel uncomfortable just knowing that exists.
A British soldier from the elite Special Air Service shot and killed an ISIS commander from more than a mile away, in what is thought to be the best long-range shot in the regiment’s 77-year history.

Using a a huge .50-caliber Browning machine gun that was nearly 40 years old, the unnamed sergeant, a veteran of Iraq and Syria, managed to hit the fighter directly in the chest with a shot that blew off the commander’s arm and shoulder.

“The Islamic State commander was briefing his men, and clearly liked the sound of his own voice because he was standing still for a least 20 minutes while his fighters sat on the ground in front of him,” a source familiar with the incident, which took place in June in Afghanistan, told The Daily Star Sunday.

“It took several seconds for the round to hit the commander, who appeared to fly into several pieces. For a few seconds no one moved. When they realized what had happened, they got up and ran away,” the source explained.

Reactions: Bambooza and Ammorn

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
Using a a huge .50-caliber Browning machine gun that was nearly 40 years old
The reporter got it wrong. He was using a rifle chambered in .50 BMG (Browning Machine Gun) and not a .50 caliber machine gun.

That said one of the former records for long rang sniper shots was a 1000 yard shot by Carlos Hathcock a legendary Marine sniper in Vietnam. He used a M2 Browning .50 BMG machine gun with a custom built scope mount they built to mount a rifle scope and allow for further elevation and windage adjustment independent and in addition to of the adjustments of the scope to allow for farther range shots.

The gun was one of the sentry guns on his hilltop base overlooking a large valley. He saw a lone NVA soldier riding a bike loaded with ammo bags riding down a dirt path. Since the soldier was a child he considered letting him go, but that could endanger friendly patrols if he went to resupply them. He took aim and fired one shot as the kid was riding perpendicular to him and after a moment the round hit it's mark, ripping the fork of the bike and sending the kid somersaulting. The kid got up and started shooting wildly at him and the hilltop base, and he then shot the kid.

Reactions: Bambooza

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
A British soldier from the elite Special Air Service shot and killed an ISIS commander from more than a mile away, in what is thought to be the best long-range shot in the regiment’s 77-year history.

Using a a huge .50-caliber Browning machine gun that was nearly 40 years old, the unnamed sergeant, a veteran of Iraq and Syria, managed to hit the fighter directly in the chest with a shot that blew off the commander’s arm and shoulder.

“The Islamic State commander was briefing his men, and clearly liked the sound of his own voice because he was standing still for a least 20 minutes while his fighters sat on the ground in front of him,” a source familiar with the incident, which took place in June in Afghanistan, told The Daily Star Sunday.

“It took several seconds for the round to hit the commander, who appeared to fly into several pieces. For a few seconds no one moved. When they realized what had happened, they got up and ran away,” the source explained.
yeah yeah yeah, let's COMPLETELY IGNORE the Canadians:
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/canadian-elite-special-forces-sniper-sets-record-breaking-kill-shot-in-iraq/article35415651/

Reactions: Ammorn

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
You do realize we are north of the wall... Canada is just so far north the Seven Kingdoms haven't even hear of it yet.

Reactions: Ammorn
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?