Which ship would you buy if you could only choose to have one with LTI?

Dakuisha

Vice Admiral
Aug 13, 2017
RSI Handle
Dakuisha
I see my Aurora parked in the corer, I never did get round to finish upgrading it. I was always to busy getting the next ship because it was a shiny or because it could take a little more cargo. NOT AGAIN, this time I'm picking my AURORA and I'm going to make her the best Aurora there ever was, one that will be at home in ever test squadron attack.

My the auroras never die.

Gabgrave

Grand Admiral
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Gabgrave
There was mention of variants but no plans to produce them as of yet. We have to wait and see. This is all we know.

Transit companies use several different configurations for the Genesis starliner, usually classified as luxury, mid-range and essential (bare bones.) Because every starliner is significantly modular, there is no one standard example of each type. More complex models typically carry fewer passengers but with additional amenities (lounges, food options, personal quarters.) The essential model focuses more on bulk cargo and less on crew and passenger comfort. The model available in the concept sale today is the forty-person mid-range class.

Private individuals have also been known to purchase starliners for their own use, most frequently outfitted yacht-style with individual cabins. The frame is frequently used by professional racing teams, who modify the interior to store and repair small racing ships like the M50 and their support equipment.

The United Empire of Earth military also modifies the standard Genesis spaceframe for a number of different roles, including a troop transport, patrol hunter-killer, SWACS/C&C platform (referred to informally as the Starlifter, Starhunter and Starseeker) and even as an advanced aerospace prototype testbed! Imperator One, a highly customized Genesis starliner with added security and luxury features, is used to ferry the sitting Imperator when they travel off-world.

I know waiting can be hard so I shall leave you with this while you wait

Wow, so basically it sounds like the Starliner works as a 747, a luxury Yacht, a C-130 with transport, spectral and gunboat options? That's a seriously multi-tasking ship there :smile:
Now I feel like getting one :money_mouth:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Wow, so basically it sounds like the Starliner works as a 747, a luxury Yacht, a C-130 with transport, spectral and gunboat options? That's a seriously multi-tasking ship there :smile:
Now I feel like getting one :money_mouth:
Right? Fucking CIG, haha
I want this with LTI! Vanduul Stinger!
#FAKESHIP

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I would expect to see a 3.0 sale where a number of unavailable ships are made available. However, expect the price to increase significantly from concept to flight ready. the 140 the prospector was at will probably go to 170ish with 6 month insurance. If there is a sale at gamescon outside the 6-8 ships I expect with the trading cards, it might still be the same 140, but again, with 6 month insurance.

From what I have seen, the mining laser is NOT active in on the current build of 3.0 being played at Gamescom, so mining is out for 3.0 as they are doing bug fixes right now. I am not sure if mining will come in 3.1 as originally promised or not as I've not seen it on the progress report for quite some time.

Edit...Thinking on it, I think the 6-8 ships that will be sold for gamecom with the GAMESCOM2017 promo code will be the Prospector, Aurora, Dragonfly, Ursa, Nox, Cutlass Black, the Aquila. I also and the 600/615 concepts on sale. (Basically, the ships being renewed/flight ready for 3.0

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
From what I have seen, the mining laser is NOT active in on the current build of 3.0 being played at Gamescom, so mining is out for 3.0 as they are doing bug fixes right now. I am not sure if mining will come in 3.1 as originally promised or not as I've not seen it on the progress report for quite some time.
Ahh, didn't think about that. I just assumed it would be operational. Got too excited when I saw the stream showing it off. Didn't even notice that they did not turn on the laser. Thanks for the heads up

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
personally I'd stay with Retribution .. cause I like the design, but with your additional requirement for ship being possible to use effectively in solo mode - one of connies (I think idea of phoenix is good), the reason is - it will be possible to link all turrets in automatic mode to the captain's seat, it has some more or less protected from the scanning cargo site, and of course it is shiny. Also last, but not least - it is just an oversized aurora after all.
Remember, the Phoenix also comes with both a Lynx rover as well as the P-72 Archimedes snub fighter in addition to what you have listed above as benefits to it.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Ahh, didn't think about that. I just assumed it would be operational. Got too excited when I saw the stream showing it off. Didn't even notice that they did not turn on the laser. Thanks for the heads up
Question for thought, if when the prospector is fully game ready, then if its pilot hovers over a rival ships pilot when it fires the mining drill, would that count as the 1st pilot picking the brain of the 2nd? ( ;p) Either way, that would be interesting to watch happen as long as it isn't happening to any of us.

Last edited:

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
There was mention of variants but no plans to produce them as of yet. We have to wait and see. This is all we know.

Transit companies use several different configurations for the Genesis starliner, usually classified as luxury, mid-range and essential (bare bones.) Because every starliner is significantly modular, there is no one standard example of each type. More complex models typically carry fewer passengers but with additional amenities (lounges, food options, personal quarters.) The essential model focuses more on bulk cargo and less on crew and passenger comfort. The model available in the concept sale today is the forty-person mid-range class.

Private individuals have also been known to purchase starliners for their own use, most frequently outfitted yacht-style with individual cabins. The frame is frequently used by professional racing teams, who modify the interior to store and repair small racing ships like the M50 and their support equipment.

The United Empire of Earth military also modifies the standard Genesis spaceframe for a number of different roles, including a troop transport, patrol hunter-killer, SWACS/C&C platform (referred to informally as the Starlifter, Starhunter and Starseeker) and even as an advanced aerospace prototype testbed! Imperator One, a highly customized Genesis starliner with added security and luxury features, is used to ferry the sitting Imperator when they travel off-world.

I know waiting can be hard so I shall leave you with this while you wait

Love the spinners with the lightsaber

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
So, the Prospector WILL be in 3.0. Was the price on that ship during the concept sale $140? That was before my time, but that seems to be what I am finding. How long after concept sales do they start selling the ships again?
Usually ships not found in the store all the time go on sale again if they're being put into the game just before or after a new patch. They are also sold during events like the Anniversary or Citizencon.

Forgot your password?