Why do I have a Gladius now?

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
I have the F7C... again
My favorite ship right now is an F7C with an M6A laser canon up top on a flashfire, a mantis in place of the chin turret, and a panther repeater on each wing. Nothing lives long in front of those guns(except Freelancers, Andromedas and Beerfarers, which I try to avoid anyway), and it's very satisfying to shut those AI pirates up with 2 shots just as they start talking smack.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
The Scythe works very well, actually. It's fast, agile and pretty hard hitting. Crawl around under the cockpit area looking up until you get the <<USE>>indicator, then hit F. It takes a few seconds for the entry animation to start, but that's normal.
Then I used the Glaive, mine was fast but not agile ;)

Reactions: AstroSam

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
My favorite ship right now is an F7C with an M6A laser canon up top on a flashfire, a mantis in place of the chin turret, and a panther repeater on each wing. Nothing lives long in front of those guns(except Freelancers, Andromedas and Beerfarers, which I try to avoid anyway), and it's very satisfying to shut those AI pirates up with 2 shots just as they start talking smack.
but but but but ........I have a Super Hornet. Hmmm, that loadout also could work!!!! I put a Panther under the nose and 2 under the wings, but couldn't use that effectively because it heated up the Revenant on top too while the Revenant didn't had aim.
The solution is so easy!!!! I do it all the time, just not with the SH :confused: Thanks :D

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
Hm, interesting. Perhaps you've bought a Blade...?
If this is the case, then I have a serious problem. It means I've progressed from mumbling in my sleep to sleep shopping. Though it would explain my chronic lack of money.... Hmm
The Scythe works very well, actually. It's fast, agile and pretty hard hitting. Crawl around under the cockpit area looking up until you get the <<USE>>indicator, then hit F. It takes a few seconds for the entry animation to start, but that's normal.
I did manage to find my way inside it(after about 20 minutes of walking in circles). I just can't figure out how it works from an aeronautics perspective. What is that thing to the right of the cockpit, and why is it ginormous?

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
If this is the case, then I have a serious problem. It means I've progressed from mumbling in my sleep to sleep shopping. Though it would explain my chronic lack of money.... Hmm

I did manage to find my way inside it(after about 20 minutes of walking in circles). I just can't figure out how it works from an aeronautics perspective. What is that thing to the right of the cockpit, and why is it ginormous?
I believe you are referring to the "ramming blade". Look over to the right and push the "4" key a few times and watch it extend and retract. It also extends when you lock onto a target with a missile. I don't know how effective it is because every time I've been close enough to use it, I've blown up! I'm probably doing it wrong.

Forgot your password?