Why does the TEST forum crash my phone?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
So something similar used to happen, back with the old forums: I'd try to load the home page and my browser would crash.

These new forums have been operating like magic. But now, for some reason, whenever I try to load the home page it freezes completely, whether using the mobile browser or the desktop site.

Any thoughts from ya interwebs gurus?

Cheers,

Owl

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Oh, so it isn't just my crappy Chinese phone doing this?

Using latest Chrome (the full version downloaded from app store)
Doogee Mix
Android 7.0

It started happening couple of days/week ago.
Opening the main Testsq page in Chrome locks up the webpage, but the browser and phone itself still responds. So I can open new tabs, close the browser and such, but cant touch/scroll inside the webpage.
It seems to get stuck for me once the top navigation/notification floating bar loads in.

Stangely, if I open a sub-page directly, as in opening a forum post directly in the adresse bar, it loads up fine and works.
Even the main page only exhibits this issue like 19 out of 20 times. Sometimes it just works, but that's rare.

Solution: I switched to Firefox, seems to work fine for now.

Edit: this time it workes for some reason, no crash. Anyways, as per the request from @August: before the total website overhaul it used to crash for me 80% of the time on Lumia 925. Winphone 8.1 using default browser. Just instant CTD. But after the website update it worked perfectly. God I loved that phone. it still has a much better camera and faster interface than this piece of crap....

Last edited:

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
The old site used to crash for me about 20% of the time I loaded up the front page. (But ONLY the front page, all the forums were fine).

Luckily, I haven't had any issues with the new one though. Pixel 3 XL with latest Chrome.

Forgot your password?