Will there be a new concept sale next Thursday?

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Well they'd best make amends by puttng on a really good concept sale tomorrow, then.
Exactly!
Girlfriend "How did you forget Valentines day??"

Me"See, I really didn't forget it"

Girlfriend "So why didn't you get me anything"

Me" Mentions concept sale"

Also Me" Now single February 14, 2018, I like long walks on the beach with alcohol in my hand"
But think of how much *more* money you will have to spend, now that you are single!

CIG thinks of everything!

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
I'm really hoping that that image shown isn't what we're getting for a concept sale. If it's a Retaliator module, whoop de do! We've been waiting for them to come out for a long time, and almost nobody owns them! If it's a big Aegis ship, joy! Another expensive Aegis concept that I can't afford...

I was really hoping to be able to walk away from this sale with something, but I don't have or plan to own the Tali and I can't afford a big ship. Pls CIG, gib Drake Vulture...

Vhexxus

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Vhexxus
I had a test in person for what colour filter would work best for me, basically I had to read text over and over with different colour filters and they gaged my speed and how much i remembered - it's that simple if you have it you get faster and more efficient with the right filter just like that *Clicks fingers* because your brain isn't using excessive amounts of resources processing the visuals coming form your eyes with the right filter (hence the fatigue, thats whats causing it).

The aim with the colours is to reduce the contrast between text and background on the page. We found my best color filter is Lavender which makes me look like a hippy when i'm wearing my glasses but hey at least it's not pink. I don't have a prescription for glasses so they are literally just coloured lenses. They recommend you don't go out right away and get glasses as they are fairly pricey to get in the exact colour you want, they recommend using acetate sheets first as your colour can change a few shades in the first few weeks of using. Or thats what I was told.

If you're interested and don't want to spend loads of money on tests and things, get a box of chocolates with coloured plastic transparent wrappers and experiment. It's not perfect as the shades will likely not be spot-on but if you find the green wrappers get you through a few pages with no tiredness and you can remember all you read you've likely found your answer, and you have a box of chocolates to enjoy.

If it turns out this helps, colour filters are the remedy but not the cure. If I don't use my filter its right back to snoozeland. Helpful at bedtime - a few pages and i'm spark-out!
Same here! In fact I past it to my oldest son. I never realized it until we had him TESTed. I always right click text on the browser and highlight it blue so I can take in what I'm reading. Yellow works good too. My son, he has light purple transparencies to lay over paper to help him

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Same here! In fact I past it to my oldest son. I never realized it until we had him TESTed. I always right click text on the browser and highlight it blue so I can take in what I'm reading. Yellow works good too. My son, he has light purple transparencies to lay over paper to help him
Yep, the highlight text trick! I do what but it doesn't seem to work on TEST...

You know you can change the colour your computer highlights stuff in if you have a colour you find works better?

Last edited:

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Introducing the Aegis Vulcan

Repair, Rearm, Refuel

3 person ship, Pilot and two support

Stations are Pilot, 2 turrets, 2 drone controllers. 4 drones, but expected to be deployed 2 at a time.

Need to bring the drones back to change roles

Really only expect you to use two at a time with the remainder as spares

Living space there, 12? SCU cargo

Extended fuel tank for holding fuel to give to others

Ramp in the back for entry.

medium sized equipment (gravity Generator, Power Plant, Life support, shield generation, radar, avionics, jump drive, cooler)

Multi level ship
Toilet and shower
food station

Designed to give a taste of the various careers (repair, refuel). Is the only one right now that can rearm at present.

Very boxy...honestly, looks more like an anvil ship not an aegis ship.

All can get it starting Feb 22 through end of march is the planned pledge period (extended pledge period)

More updates as I watch

Last edited:

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I was wondering what fleets of small fighters were going to do for logistics

an order of battle is starting to take shape

still no clue as to what we will fight other orgs for though

huge numbers of players will just carebear their way to riches without an existential threat to unite them into a fighting force

Vhexxus

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Vhexxus
Well, we know now it's a road-side mechanic. The Vulcan looks okay to me. Capital ships shouldn't have a great need for it, as it is not big enough to have the supplies needed for major patch jobs. My guess it is suppose to cater to small to medium sized ships, or specialized ships. I don't get the refuel aspect of it from a civilian point of view. People don't run their cars out of gas often (I never have). Sure it happens, but it's a rare event. I see this as a great NPC ship. Could be a great small resupply ship for a gang of small ships....

Forgot your password?