X55 and x52 HOTAS setup in 2.4

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Sounds weird... which button are you trying to bind ? Just highlighting the keybind slot (even empty) and pressing "y" does nothing ?

I just test it on my side and worked fine
Dammit. It depends on what your binding. I was trying eject and self destruct. Doesn't work. But go to Exit Seat, and it does. Gaaaaaaaa.
Hahahaha

ElFlacoverde

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2016
RSI Handle
ElFlacoverde
I finally came up with a profile for my X52 pro HOTAS, I use it in combination with the Logitech G13 (with Eject, Self Destruction, Lights, HUD... binded on it).

Here is my template:
X52 Pro SC 2_4 Template_Test-Background.png

and profiles files are in the zip attached for those interested in testing.

Tell me what you think about it.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I finally came up with a profile for my X52 pro HOTAS, I use it in combination with the Logitech G13 (with Eject, Self Destruction, Lights, HUD... binded on it).

Here is my template:
View attachment 3068

Where....
Where did you get the template for your layout?
I spend the time to set my HOTAS up, but in have no template to print out.

I'll check out your setup.

Reactions: marcsand2

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Oooooo, I like where your zoom is. A whole bunch.
Edit: does the x52 have a stick on the back of the throttle that you're using for strafe?

ElFlacoverde

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2016
RSI Handle
ElFlacoverde
Where....
Where did you get the template for your layout?
I spend the time to set my HOTAS up, but in have no template to print out.
I used a layout found with google image that I tunned a bit to my buttons set up and used a Test Squadron background pic to make it look fancy.

I can send you the empty templates if you like ( *.psd files)

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Oooooo, I like where your zoom is. A whole bunch.
Zoom is very important for aiming!!!!
Nope. No luck. It does nothing. Says Y does it, but nothing works
I found a solution for that, Afterburner can't be un-double clicked on the Flightstick, but I found a workaround ;)
[EDIT]
- Export your profile
- edit it with a texteditor
- find the entry where you want to change single or double tap, for example:
<action name="v_afterburner">
<rebind input="js2_button2"/>
</action>
</actionmap>
- change the rebind to:
<rebind input="js2_button2" multiTap="1"/>
to remove double tap or
<rebind input="js2_button2" multiTap="2"/>
to set double tap
- import the profile again.
I actually didn't import the profile but went to freeflight and used the console (~) and pp_rebindkeys.
Don't forget that files in Star Citizen user folder can't be saved unless you started your texteditor as administrator. I just open and edit the file, save it at a different location and copy that back to the user folder.

Here is my template:
View attachment 3068

You should alter targeting, its also very important while dogfighting.

Last edited:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
You mean the missile lock or the whole hostile/friendly targeting bindings ?
I meant the hostile friendly targeting. I don't know if the X52 has enough buttons on the sticks to accomplish that, but I have:
- Index finger: firegroup 1 + firegroup 2, double stage trigger
- thumb: on left side of stick 4 way switch targeting, I think that is your firegroup 2
- thumb: on top missiles, 4 way switch shields, 8 way switch view
- pinky: Countermeasures, switch and fire
That makes my targeting one of the primary controls. Very practical while doing close quarters dogfight within a swarm and strafing at the side of a swarm. Gives me full freedom in picking the best target without leaving my other primary controls: fire, countermeasures, strafing and boost. I choose:
- up: reticle focus
- left: cycle all targets
- right: nearest hostile
- down: pin target
The missile and shield control on top are secondary.
Match speed also doesn't make allot of sense, better to keep firing distance with manoeuvring and strafing and maintain full speed (unless you are flying a 350R). Speed is one of your major evading weapons.
Why do you have 2 missile buttons? Lock and fire is the same????

ElFlacoverde

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2016
RSI Handle
ElFlacoverde
I meant the hostile friendly targeting. I don't know if the X52 has enough buttons on the sticks to accomplish that, but I have:
- thumb: on left side of stick 4 way switch targeting, I think that is your firegroup 2
That makes my targeting one of the primary controls. Very practical while doing close quarters dogfight within a swarm and strafing at the side of a swarm. Gives me full freedom in picking the best target without leaving my other primary controls: fire, countermeasures, strafing and boost. I choose:
Match speed also doesn't make allot of sense, better to keep firing distance with manoeuvring and strafing and maintain full speed (unless you are flying a 350R). Speed is one of your major evading weapons.
Unfortunately the x52 pro has only two hats on the joystick, so no thumb hat for me. For the missile buttons I had issue with it locking and firing that's why i decided to use a lock missile button.

After looking at your bindings I modified mine according a bit to yours. Not tested IG yet i'll see if i crash more or not :D

X52 Pro SC 2_4 Template_V2.png

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Now I'm going to need to check my binds again...
Sigh. Haha

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Now I'm going to need to check my binds again...
Sigh. Haha
This setup is done on a Warthog. It may not be realizable on another stick because the button placement is different.
You should find the best for you and your HOTAS
I'm just pointing out which controls I like to have under direct control with my style of flight and my preferred okay.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
This setup is done on a Warthog. It may not be realizable on another stick because the button placement is different.

I'm just pointing out which controls I like to have under direct control with my style of flight and my preferred okay.
I totally understand.
I do think I want my strafe on my left and and my pitch/yaw/weapons right. I'll work towards that.

Forgot your password?