Yearly "what ship do I want" thread.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Since we don't know what the Redeemer will become, maybe. Valkyrie, Hammerhead. :)
Haha, you keep saying it, and I'm starting to look at that damn Valkyrie now. Wasn't even on my radar before.
That is what your Vanguard is for.
Dammit, stop making so much sense!! I really like the Redeemer, hahaha. I'm just going to keep a CCU or two hanging out in my hangar until such time as we get work on it's status.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Haha, you keep saying it, and I'm starting to look at that damn Valkyrie now. Wasn't even on my radar before.

Dammit, stop making so much sense!! I really like the Redeemer, hahaha. I'm just going to keep a CCU or two hanging out in my hangar until such time as we get work on it's status.
Now that is a good idea.

The Valkyrie just turned up on my radar recently.
It flies better than I expected. It can, legitimately, carry a rover, which after paying attention to seversl of the game play demos sounds more important than I used to think it did.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Other than the Peices and the Mole, they oulined three other ships at Citizencon - a Tevarin stealth Freighter with 300 SCU of space,, a Tevarin fighter with 2x s2's like the Karthu-al, and a refinery ship.

None of these seemed to be as far along as the Mole and we know the Mole isn't far along, but perhaps waiting may be the best option if there is nothing that takes your fancy right now? That freighter sounds mighty tasty.

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Other than the Peices and the Mole, they oulined three other ships at Citizencon - a Tevarin stealth Freighter with 300 SCU of space,, a Tevarin fighter with 2x s2's like the Karthu-al, and a refinery ship.

None of these seemed to be as far along as the Mole and we know the Mole isn't far along, but perhaps waiting may be the best option if there is nothing that takes your fancy right now? That freighter sounds mighty tasty.
Stealth freighter eh? Interesting. A smuggling ship. I wish they'd show some of this stuff now. Or sell it even.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
I have 700 total in storecash which is the max im willing to spend.

Atm I have a carrack and cutlass black (package) as main ships, rest of the store credit gets used to buy and melt stuff whenever I feel like it.

When (if :P) Star citizen goes live I think ill end up with:

Pew Pew : Hoplite/Redeemer (CCU from Cutlass package)
Ground transport : Ranger CV
Vulcan : Main job
Corsair : Bit of everything

edit: Oh i just managed to get a polaris CCU so might just end up with that and shoot everything forever

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
So I *think* this is my short list right now, to compliment the Carrack/Sentinel?Mercury StarRunner:
Razr EX - stealth ops, scouting
San'tok.yai - fighter to complement my Sentinel/Harbinger
Cutty Blue - all 'rounder with armour
Corsair - all rounder with many gunz. DaKKa dAKkA
Valkyrie - Not sure of the utility of this for me, other than she'll be fun as fuck for ground ops and Theatres of War (when they let it in)
Redeemer - I LOVE THIS SHIP! But what will she become?

Another thought, posed by @Black Sunder , as the Merc is my daily runabout: two mercs, one stealth loadout, one milspec. Thoughts?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I have 700 total in storecash which is the max im willing to spend.

Atm I have a carrack and cutlass black (package) as main ships, rest of the store credit gets used to buy and melt stuff whenever I feel like it.

When (if :P) Star citizen goes live I think ill end up with:

Pew Pew : Hoplite/Redeemer (CCU from Cutlass package)
Ground transport : Ranger CV
Vulcan : Main job
Corsair : Bit of everything
Nice and rounded. For me:
Main daily/job: Merc StarRunner
Home base: Carrack
Main Combat / Privateer: Sentinel

Now what I need is the other ships to fit into the Privateer roles I so desire. I can disable them with the Sentinel, but what to use to board or haul away the loots?

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Stealth freighter eh? Interesting. A smuggling ship. I wish they'd show some of this stuff now. Or sell it even.
I wish they have shown them too, this year IAE is pretty empty of news and new ship on expo... some big ship at least on display will be nice, they left off eve the F8 and the new F7A that where there last years.. preatty disappointed...

So I *think* this is my short list right now, to compliment the Carrack/Sentinel?Mercury StarRunner:
Razr EX - stealth ops, scouting
Whould a F7 Ghost or a Sabre be better for that?? (I know the Razor is sexyer....)

Cutty Blue - all 'rounder with armour
The cut blue and all round??? hmm this is and interesting choice... need to see if that will retain the side door, will be preatty if it does

Valkyrie - Not sure of the utility of this for me, other than she'll be fun as fuck for ground ops and Theatres of War (when they let it in)
I think that when the retention cell will become a purchasable option like a cargo box the Valkyrie will become your all round ship: cargo capacity, troop deploying, veicle carrier and bounty hunting...

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
I'm eyeballing that San'tok.yai. Third post I've made about it. I know no-one could possibly have any insight into it, but here I am, asking anyways, haha.
From what I know, the San'tok is an agile ship, slightly more agile than the sabre. Not much armor, but you can put a S2 shield like the Sukoran on it which gives it 38k hp (your typical fighters have 10k hp). It uses a high fire rate energy weapon, faster rate than the ones that humans have. But it does heat up, so you can do burst damage, but not sustain like our current repeaters. It would be a decent ship for dogfighting.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
That is what my Sabre is for, plus it is my Carrier Fighter. :)
Dammit, there you go making good points again. But isn't the RAZR ex very, very stealthy?
I wish they have shown them too, this year IAE is pretty empty of news and new ship on expo... some big ship at least on display will be nice, they left off eve the F8 and the new F7A that where there last years.. preatty disappointed...
I'm sure something will come down the pipe yet. Patience!
Whould a F7 Ghost or a Sabre be better for that?? (I know the Razor is sexyer....)
Maybe. Maybe not. I'm thinking speed as well.
The cut blue and all round??? hmm this is and interesting choice... need to see if that will retain the side door, will be preatty if it does
She's a great ship.
I think that when the retention cell will become a purchasable option like a cargo box the Valkyrie will become your all round ship: cargo capacity, troop deploying, veicle carrier and bounty hunting...
Hmmmm, valid points. How many guns does the pilot have at his control?
From what I know, the San'tok is an agile ship, slightly more agile than the sabre. Not much armor, but you can put a S2 shield like the Sukoran on it which gives it 38k hp (your typical fighters have 10k hp). It uses a high fire rate energy weapon, faster rate than the ones that humans have. But it does heat up, so you can do burst damage, but not sustain like our current repeaters. It would be a decent ship for dogfighting.
Yeah, she sound, in theory, quite nice.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Dammit, there you go making good points again. But isn't the RAZR ex very, very stealthy?
Stealth only goes so far, after that you have to be able to hit. I thought "very, very stealthy" was the Eclipse. Note the Sentinel is also stealthy, and long ranged.

Hmmmm, valid points. How many guns does the pilot have at his control?
At the moment, two. Once we get AI Blades, up to all, but the door guns. (Yes, that would be 6 mantises and 2 Scorpions with auto gimbal. You could walk on the flying lead from your ship to theirs.)

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale

The Sabre is supposed to be stealthier than the Ghost. It is also more agile. With 3 shields less fragile.
If the Ghost center mount place holder is required for stealth then the Sabre hits harder too.
Sexy is more attitude than looks. :) And when you strap 4 GT220 Mantis to a Saber that demonstrates serious attitude. :)

Now if I can lock bounties into troop seats, or mount some cells and still carry a vehicle, then the Valkyrie goes into my immediate buy list.

Forgot your password?