3.14 PTU Wave 1 is out

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
My question is will you be able to auto-reload ammo from your cargo? If so that Hornet Stor-All box instead of a turret suddenly doesn't look so pointless any more.
Soon(TM)

That will came with more phisicalization (???) of the varius item in game I suspect. There are already plan for having phisical intereaction on the refuel&rearm operation, so very likely in the future we'll be albe to store some ammo box in the central cap of the hornet and use them to rearm ballistic on the field.
Defenetly I don't see an "auto-refill" mechanics coming, even in the future.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
All the Gatlings appear to have about 45 seconds of ammo. The ballistic canons appear to have about 60 seconds of ammo. That definitely seems a bit light.
Agree at least in the current state of the game.
When phisicalized component will came into play that could be sufficient to fload a target with bullet damaging several components and effectivly taking it out of the scene, but right now, with HP system (and some ships have also a HP increase), it's kinda pointless.
I agree with a reduction of the ammo count, but moving from 3-4 thousand round to less then 800 seeams a bit drastic and out of context.

Reactions: Bambooza

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Warthog and VKB glad. I can bind keys to them fine in PU, in PTU I only get keyboard and joypad. I guess Im the only one, fresh install inc :D

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Warthog and VKB glad. I can bind keys to them fine in PU, in PTU I only get keyboard and joypad. I guess Im the only one, fresh install inc :D
Nope, that is new with the very latest patch, happening to everybody. Workaround is to go into LIVE, do they keybinds, the copy them over to PTU. Downside is, all the new missile based and power management keybinds can't be mapped that way.

Additionally, with this change from the patch:

Feature Updates
Gameplay
  • Ongoing Ship Capacitor, Balance, and Polish Pass
We have done further core tuning for ships. Added secondary effects besides regen to capacitor assignments. Assignments to each system above default (33%) will now give you: more energy weapon ammo, more shield damage resistance, or reduced thruster boost costs scaling upward with increasing assignhment. Updated weapon regen pools for small fighters. Reduced damage on ballistic gatlings and repeaters. Tweaked heat per shot on ballistic gatlings. Added heat bar to the HUD for displaying weapon's temperature ratio. Replaced turret cannons with repeaters on Caterpillar. Changed Terrapin to use 2x S2 shields. Changed Caterpillar to use 2x S3 shields. Changed Hurricane to use 1x S2 shield. Changed Constellation to use 1x S3 shield. Increased base health of the Terrapin and Constellation series.

Full loadout of energy weapons is practical again for many ships, and the Hurricane is even more of a beast if you have a gunner.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Agree at least in the current state of the game.
When phisicalized component will came into play that could be sufficient to fload a target with bullet damaging several components and effectivly taking it out of the scene, but right now, with HP system (and some ships have also a HP increase), it's kinda pointless.
I agree with a reduction of the ammo count, but moving from 3-4 thousand round to less then 800 seeams a bit drastic and out of context.
60 seconds of ammo is probably enough for one fight. With the additional range of the ballistics over the Lasers, that means a Hawk can probably take a Hammerhead, without taking fire. Especially when the shield won't regen while under fire.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I'm not seeing a range difference between ballistics over energy. Still seems laser cannons are the range champs, though the ATVS got a significant boost.

Reactions: Deroth

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I'm not seeing a range difference between ballistics over energy. Still seems laser cannons are the range champs, though the ATVS got a significant boost.
They don't give us the numbers to look at in game, but Erkul reads them as 400m for shotguns, 1400m for lasers, 2100m Ballistic canons and Ballistic repeaters 2800m sizes 1-4.
Now at size 5+ the shotguns are still 400m, canons go up to 4200m, the Repeaters are at 2800m

The Nose guns on a Vanguard are MVSA, GVSR, ATVS are 1400m, the EVSD is 2100m and both the BRVS and CVSA are 2800 meters.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
They don't give us the numbers to look at in game, but Erkul reads them as 400m for shotguns, 1400m for lasers, 2100m Ballistic canons and Ballistic repeaters 2800m sizes 1-4.
Now at size 5+ the shotguns are still 400m, canons go up to 4200m, the Repeaters are at 2800m

The Nose guns on a Vanguard are MVSA, GVSR, ATVS are 1400m, the EVSD is 2100m and both the BRVS and CVSA are 2800 meters.
I thing all this flattened data are due to the initial balance pass on the PTU, I really hope CIG will introduce a bitmoe of variety whel releasing LIVE, both for weapons and shield.

• o7
Reactions: Deroth

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I thing all this flattened data are due to the initial balance pass on the PTU, I really hope CIG will introduce a bitmoe of variety whel releasing LIVE, both for weapons and shield.
Right now, the way things are, my Vanguard is going from daily driver to never leave the hangar.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I hope my new uniform meets the dress code yellows for Testiness... (New Greycat armour. Yellow available at Everus Harbor, blue variant at Orison.)

View attachment 21038
Huu nice!!!
I wonder if there will be other color for that armor, like a gold and red, that set really feel Ironman inspired.

just for curiosity: is it a light or a medium armor? How the temp enviroment resistance? Can you remove the bakcpack already or is still fixed?

Reactions: Shadow Reaper

RokkitVan

Captain
Jun 17, 2021
RSI Handle
RokkitVan
Huu nice!!!
I wonder if there will be other color for that armor, like a gold and red, that set really feel Ironman inspired.

just for curiosity: is it a light or a medium armor? How the temp enviroment resistance? Can you remove the bakcpack already or is still fixed?
So far I have seen a blue and the yellow available in-game. Rumour has it there is a white as well at Lorville perhaps? A red, silver, as well as an orange one will be available soon, but it appears to be limited to the RSI store for your real world monies.

It is a medium armour at 30% reduction, 91k carrying capacity, with a -60 to 90°C.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Right now, the way things are, my Vanguard is going from daily driver to never leave the hangar.
Feeling you here. Feedback I've had/seen multiple times now is that the Vanguard and similar medium ships are *EXPECTED* to be survivable if there is a gunner in the turret, but not necessarily if the turret is empty. Personally I think this is far too limiting for the solo player and have expressed this directly, and expect to continue being a pain in the ass about it. Not how I enjoy spending my limited game time. :/

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Personally I think this is far too limiting for the solo player and have expressed this directly, and expect to continue being a pain in the ass about it. Not how I enjoy spending my limited game time.
While I too am disappointed in the current nerf, I wouldn't despair TOO much just yet. My guess is this partially over-nerfted intentionally for just this patch as a means of testing the new mechanics (sorta how you used to get interdicted EVERY SINGLE JUMP back when they were first testing that), and also unintentionally over-nerfed while the sort out the new balance of things. But as it's still an expensive $250-300 ship that's billed as a HEAVY fighter, I don't think they can get away with keeping it that shitty for very long. . .

Forgot your password?