3.9.1 pushed to live

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Gah all my shit is gone. I still have the credits I made but without my Caudrillo Hazard helmet what's the point in living? Also no ships in my hangar means I 'aint doin' shit, can't even go to Area 18 and hang about the event as I spawned on Hurston.

I'll leave it a day and see if my gear comes back, if not I'll reset and loose the aUEC i'd made. Spawning at ArcCorp would mean I can at least go to the party if not do anything else.
Give it a couple of hours. All your character's information is still there. The servers are just not doing well at the moment.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Give it a couple of hours. All your character's information is still there. The servers are just not doing well at the moment.
Yeah, the good TESTies on Dischord said that too so I'm sitting on my hands hoping it all works out. I'll only be losing out on about 50k aUEC but it took me the best part of two weeks to make that (I can only play a limited amount).

I know the game is alpha and it hasn't even been built yet but one can't help getting protective over ones second life. I need that helmet, yo 🙂

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Gah all my shit is gone. I still have the credits I made but without my Caudrillo Hazard helmet what's the point in living? Also no ships in my hangar means I 'aint doin' shit, can't even go to Area 18 and hang about the event as I spawned on Hurston.

I'll leave it a day and see if my gear comes back, if not I'll reset and loose the aUEC i'd made. Spawning at ArcCorp would mean I can at least go to the party if not do anything else.
I have logged in half a dozen times throughout the day, I got none of the ships I paid for, I got a shit Titan I didn't buy and a Cutlass red because I own an Apollo, all my gear is gone, chat doesn't work half the time not sure what to do, guess fleet week really turned into fail week after all. I guess I can still buy stuff on their website, they made sure that shit worked didn't they.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
It's unfortunate but they really messed up....

Brand new patch, Fleet week, and Free Flight all on the same weekend? That's a perfect storm right there. The servers just weren't ready to handle this.

I think our progress is still saved but I definitely wouldn't try and grind serious UEC right now. As for the Invictus stuff, I've checked out some of it but I'll do a bit more of that next week or late at night when the crowds have died down.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Strangely, I got a Titan as well, along with the Free-'lancer , and all my stuff is back! Except for my armor. For some reason I even have a MP4AR or whatever the NPC's smg is called. I remember picking one up, but I died after that and lost it lol. My Cyclone racer is back too, yay. I've literally spent all my money on picking up some armor and merch at the Expo hall. Now I got all the T-shirts I would ever need lol.
I was getting really excited, I found 6! box carry missions from Lyria to Cabbage, from the same outpost to the same delivery point! I was like yaaay, I'm gonna make back all that money in less than an hour!... then ofc I got a 30K disco.
And then another.
And 5 minutes later, another.
Then I just ragequit, cos fuck this bullshit. I haven't had a 30k in like... half a year, at least!
F

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Ya, its pretty depressing when you drop a lot of money for ships and then log in to find none of them are available, I get bugs and shit but this was just a debacle, I hope they fix it before fleet week is over I wanted to try some ships out but it doesn't shock me anymore outside of raising money, which they do pretty well, the development and stability of this game is just shit lately.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Ya, its pretty depressing when you drop a lot of money for ships and then log in to find none of them are available, I get bugs and shit but this was just a debacle, I hope they fix it before fleet week is over I wanted to try some ships out but it doesn't shock me anymore outside of raising money, which they do pretty well, the development and stability of this game is just shit lately.
It seems like they are doing something about that, according to the status page at least they are doing something to the backend, that's why ot keeps dropping the connection... great, another 24h when the game is unplayable.
I hope they are feverishly trying to work out at this point how they will make this event at least a week longer and give us a chance to actually look at and try out the damn stuff.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
It seems like they are doing something about that, according to the status page at least they are doing something to the backend, that's why ot keeps dropping the connection... great, another 24h when the game is unplayable.
I hope they are feverishly trying to work out at this point how they will make this event at least a week longer and give us a chance to actually look at and try out the damn stuff.
Just not sure what they were thinking, free fly week with so many issues, you really are asking to get slammed in the media, I can see it now, Chris Roberts 300+ million game flops in free fly week hehe and they wouldn't be wrong, the only comeback would be, ya but CIG made 50-60 million selling pixels in a game that's broken lol.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Just not sure what they were thinking, free fly week with so many issues, you really are asking to get slammed in the media, I can see it now, Chris Roberts 300+ million game flops in free fly week hehe and they wouldn't be wrong, the only comeback would be, ya but CIG made 50-60 million selling pixels in a game that's broken lol.
Very true!
Regardless of how it goes though, most big sites would bash it as incomplete buggy cashgrab scam yada yada, the usual bullshit. So I don't worry about that part so much, I'm just very disappointed.
I wanted to show this off to some friends, invite them to try it, but I won't do it now lol

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Very true!
Regardless of how it goes though, most big sites would bash it as incomplete buggy cashgrab scam yada yada, the usual bullshit. So I don't worry about that part so much, I'm just very disappointed.
I wanted to show this off to some friends, invite them to try it, but I won't do it now lol
Exactly. I wanted to send links to two buddies of mine who have asked about the game. Not going to now. I'll rather wait till the game is more fleshed out before trying to get them in.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Yeah, the good TESTies on Dischord said that too so I'm sitting on my hands hoping it all works out. I'll only be losing out on about 50k aUEC but it took me the best part of two weeks to make that (I can only play a limited amount).

I know the game is alpha and it hasn't even been built yet but one can't help getting protective over ones second life. I need that helmet, yo 🙂
Dude two weeks to make 50k... You need to join me will get you pimped out in no time.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Dude two weeks to make 50k... You need to join me will get you pimped out in no time.
To put it in context I only get an hour a day to play and I only got three days to play in the last two weeks ;)

As my preferred trade route takes an hour I only got to do it three times, but I didn't have the capital to make decent returns on it until the third trip.

Yeah, it's going to be a loooong game for me unless i can justify playing it to my family by making it may primary source of IRL income or something haha.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I don't worry about the usual Star Citizen criticism, its the loyal ones you have to consider, already a few well known pro SC tubers have been criticising the last few patches, this is going to put it one step over simple criticism, in its current state I couldn't even recommend this game to anyone, its far to buggy, the server stability is ridiculous at best and the development imo is just not where it should be, I would tell most people to wait until November and see what happens, as it is I barely log on myself and now fleet week is a disaster, I lost everything including all my ships during one of the few times I really wanted to get into the game. As a backer since 2014 with over 2k invested to me this is just not acceptable.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Well looks like I will have to try a reset, sucks losing all your shit, they might as well just do server wipes if half of us are going to bug out and lose everything anyways.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
It appears the ship terminal "unknown" unable to claim destroyed ships bug is back.

That one really annoyed me back in 3.8

Reactions: Phil and Blind Owl

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Right, my position right now is: No inventory, no ships, not enough aUEC to buy a ship from New Deal, stuck on Hurston. It's just struck me... is Vantage Rentals still on Hurston? I don't have the time to get back in the game right now but I do have enough aUEC to rent an Aurora ES and get my arse over to Area 18 to get back in the Invictus event.

Does that sound like a plan? Is Vantage still in Hurston, I never used them before?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
To put it in context I only get an hour a day to play and I only got three days to play in the last two weeks ;)

As my preferred trade route takes an hour I only got to do it three times, but I didn't have the capital to make decent returns on it until the third trip.

Yeah, it's going to be a loooong game for me unless i can justify playing it to my family by making it may primary source of IRL income or something haha.
An hour is all you need we can get you upwards of 80k or more in that time.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Right, my position right now is: No inventory, no ships, not enough aUEC to buy a ship from New Deal, stuck on Hurston. It's just struck me... is Vantage Rentals still on Hurston? I don't have the time to get back in the game right now but I do have enough aUEC to rent an Aurora ES and get my arse over to Area 18 to get back in the Invictus event.

Does that sound like a plan? Is Vantage still in Hurston, I never used them before?
That sux. Yes, the rental place should still be there. Next to the M50 that's on display I think?

Forgot your password?