Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I named them... Decadence and Sensation

View attachment 7399
Great minds think alike. I got my Warbond twin pack within 10 min of it being up on the site during the presentation. I named my Explorer the Andromeda Explorer because Andromeda & Andromeda Ascendant were both already taken within it having been on sale for only 15 min at that point. I'm planning on upgrading the Touring version to an 890J when it is next available to be upgraded to. IMO, based on the stats, the Explorer version seemed like a sleek combination of a Carrack & a Redeemer.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I...

I am broken.

I am the kid in the orange shirt:

His mum says it all "I told you you were building it up. I told you not to do it."

Sorry 600i. Maybe the 500i will be the ship for me.
No worries Naff, you will always be welcome to hang out & help me kick ass on any of my ships that are not solo craft as long as I have the room.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
No worries Naff, you will always be welcome to hang out & help me kick ass on any of my ships that are not solo craft as long as I have the room.
Thanks dude, i'll be your support ship in my Taurus - You can throw me scraps from your shiny table aboard that 600i :)

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I feel like melting some of my ships for it... but I'm still unsure of what...

350R? M50? Sabre? Retaliator? ALL OF THE ABOVE?

oh god, I soooo want it, but I sooo don't have the money! (this month's credit card bill is going to be crazy with a 1080Ti and other accessories)

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Thanks dude, i'll be your support ship in my Taurus - You can throw me scraps from your shiny table aboard that 600i :slight_smile:
Naff, I will never regret having an awesome person such as yourself & our other amazing TESTies supporting my shining bullseyes with their own ships, however once I get my touring version upgraded to an 890J, I'd like to host a party on it for my fellow TESTies to kick back, relax & enjoy their beverage of choice. I wonder how many of us can line up at the same time along the windows on 1 side to moon the nearby station. Hey station, say cheese! LoL

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Naff, I will never regret having an awesome person such as yourself & our other amazing TESTies supporting my shining bullseyes with their own ships, however once I get my touring version upgraded to an 890J, I'd like to host a party on it for my fellow TESTies to kick back, relax & enjoy their beverage of choice. I wonder how many of us can line up at the same time along the windows on 1 side to moon the nearby station. Hey station, say cheese! LoL
Sounds like we'll be having a high old time, i'll see you there when it's finally flight ready.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
OK, since it's a luxury ship with exploration capabilities, and no matter how much I love my Retaliator, it really is no match... I prefer luxury cruising and exploration to combat anyway, and Retaliator has too big of a demand in terms of crew to even fire its guns so here we go. Also Archimedes and 85X are gone as well. Time to buy some 600i!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
OK, since it's a luxury ship with exploration capabilities, and no matter how much I love my Retaliator, it really is no match... I prefer luxury cruising and exploration to combat anyway, and Retaliator has too big of a demand in terms of crew to even fire its guns so here we go. Also Archimedes and 85X are gone as well. Time to buy some 600i!
Welcome to the party Zeddie. Now if only we could give them mirror paint jobs once they are in game actively.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
ack, sucks I can't name my ship (was going to call her Art3mis after Ready Player One, named after the "goddess of the hunt") but I guess being able to use credit will do. I just don't have $500(CAD) to throw around right now =(

Now my fleet is:
600i
Black NOX
Silver NOX
Black Dragonfly
Greycat (not a ship)
M50
350R
Avenger Stalker
Sabre

I'll probably get rid of the Avenger some day, but it won't trade for much right now.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
ack, sucks I can't name my ship (was going to call her Art3mis after Ready Player One, named after the "goddess of the hunt") but I guess being able to use credit will do. I just don't have $500(CAD) to throw around right now =(
You are always welcome to call your ships whatever you like as far as I'm concerned. It simply isn't recognized by SC officially.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Now my fleet is:
600i
Black NOX
Silver NOX
Black Dragonfly
Greycat (not a ship)
M50
350R
Avenger Stalker
Sabre

I'll probably get rid of the Avenger some day, but it won't trade for much right now.
Nice line up of ships my friend. I have a few ships saved up as well, but I have a feeling that some of them will be eventually melted down to assist with a few CCU's later on. I will admit that It sometimes surprises me with how much I've invested in SC's development since I 1st discovered it. LoL (Oops, I just counted & realized that I have a total of 35 vehicles in my hanger list.)

Last edited:

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
I came here to rant. Feel free to tell me to shut up or just ignore me.

I'm sure it's a very good ship, well engineered and a good home in the stars. Origin Jumpworks has a reputation for excellent, stellar quality.

Unfortunately, it looks like someone force-fed an Anvil Hurricane on bratwurst and wienerschnitzel until it became so obese that it had a coronary and died on it's back on a landing pad, belly-up. Approximately 1.5 times the cost of an Aquila, but no stub ship, what is going on?. The inside doesn't look like luxury, it looks like a piece of sterile modern art. The engines look like they were stolen from a Terrapin, not something Origin would design. Origin landing gear? Hah, I'll bet it has skids like the Anvil stuff, too. I was expecting something like a 300 or 890, and this thing is the bloated offspring of a Hurricane and a Terrapin. If this is classy luxury, it must be made for someone other than Humans. Are you sure, Origin, that your lead designer isn't a saboteur from Anvil?

Furthermore, the concept sale sucked. CIG has done enough of these that they should know what they are doing. I spent over an hour searching the net looking for the inevitable pics some whale posted of the presale and... nothing. Really? WTF, CIG? Oh, let me guess, you were afraid that people would bitch and moan and whine and complain that if the high rollers got a 24 hour head start, they'd use up all the good ship names unfairly? Who, besides your high paying backers, are going to pay $375 to $435 for a glorified Aquila? I"m searching all over trying to find early pics of this thing and there's nothing to find. I guess the ship is so awesome looking they don't want teasers so they can maximize the shock and awe the moment when we see it, just like the Eclipse reveal, er, uh, never mind, bad example. Was this CR's doing? Did he tell you not to let anything slip so he'd have an even bigger wow factor for his Gamescom presentation? I'm completely underwhelmed by what you've shown of this thing, maybe you just need to frame it a little better, but I get the feeling you aren't giving us a good look at the 600 for the same reason she said she doesn't have a picture of her friend, but she's got a really nice personality. :)

This concept sale was a failure, CIG, the launch stumbled coming out of the gate. This ship design is garbage, please refine it a bit more so it looks cool instead of like a pregnant, cyborg-hippo, and most of all, learn from your mistakes and successes so we don't have to suffer through more mismanagement. I remember you pulling off the Prospector, Eclipse, Nox and Cyclone concept sales with masterful strokes, please return to that, CIG.

SweetDee

Vice Admiral
Jan 7, 2017
RSI Handle
SweetDee
I like your passion Teal.

I think they are treating the Origin ships as premium, just like alien craft such as Banu, Esperia, etc.

Is the cost justified? Depends on the person.

Personally I think I'm gonna stick with my BMM and not CCU it as the cost for what you get with the 600i is not justified to me and my sexy brain. I still see the appeal of the 600i, but for exploration I think an Aquila is a better fit. In fact I may just CCU my starter Mustang to a Beta or 315p just to "explore" or whatever that really is.

Forgot your password?