Vice Admiral
Jan 7, 2017
RSI Handle
SweetDee
Melted my redeemer.

Bought an upgrade for my Aquila.

Used the change to buy-back an X85.

Origin fanboy ftw.

Yet to apply the CCU though - gonna wait till after some mroe info is released, plus i wanna play with the aquila in 3.0 first.
I like. I'm gonna bet the Aquila is your 600i loaner in the PU anyway, but we shall know soon.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Me too.

You think you have problems? I have to add 20% VAT to the price............
Damn. If you need someone to buy for you and gift to you, so you don't have to pay the VAT, let me know.
Same for all of you in the EU.
OK, since it's a luxury ship with exploration capabilities, and no matter how much I love my Retaliator, it really is no match... I prefer luxury cruising and exploration to combat anyway, and Retaliator has too big of a demand in terms of crew to even fire its guns so here we go. Also Archimedes and 85X are gone as well. Time to buy some 600i!
Yup. Sounds about right.

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
I like your passion Teal.

I think they are treating the Origin ships as premium, just like alien craft such as Banu, Esperia, etc.

Is the cost justified? Depends on the person.

Personally I think I'm gonna stick with my BMM and not CCU it as the cost for what you get with the 600i is not justified to me and my sexy brain. I still see the appeal of the 600i, but for exploration I think an Aquila is a better fit. In fact I may just CCU my starter Mustang to a Beta or 315p just to "explore" or whatever that really is.
I've played around with those 2 and the 315p rework might change things in a big way, but failing that, I wouldn't touch one for exploration. The Beta, however, oh my, when they say Com4T living area, they mean it. The Mustang Beta is the nicest exploration ship I've seen until you get to the DUR.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Melted my redeemer.

Bought an upgrade for my Aquila.

Used the change to buy-back an X85.

Origin fanboy ftw.

Yet to apply the CCU though - gonna wait till after some mroe info is released, plus i wanna play with the aquila in 3.0 first.
I melted a Nox and a Dragonfly to get CCUs all the way up to $400 and $435.
Luxury. Exploration. Bankruptcy.

EDIT: I'm 87% sure I won't end up keeping it, though.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I...

I am broken.

I am the kid in the orange shirt:

His mum says it all "I told you you were building it up. I told you not to do it."

Sorry 600i. Maybe the 500i will be the ship for me.
Right, now i've had a sleep (yesterday was a hella long day), i'm in a position to clarify the above.

I was all over this ship, I was so excited, I had waited ages...

Then I saw the prices for store credit making the basic touring version $450, okay, i'd been expecting it to be more for store credit, so that put a real limit on it for me i'd have to melt everything I have for the base touring version, and likely have to put a little cash on top too, but okay still doable...

Then I saw it's cargo bay. 16scu. The Aurora CL has more at 23 and that has a store-all box... I'm going to be asking in the Q&A if thats a typo and they meant 160. If it is i'll snap a 600 up like a shot. If not... ces't la vie.

Unusually for me, I have realised what I want in a ship this size - a decent cargo bay and a decent turn of speed. Right now the 600 does not have the cargo bay.

I'm super stoked for you guys, enjoy your 600's. :)

Last edited:

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Right, now i've had a sleep (yesterday was a hella long day), i'm in a position to clarify the above.

I was all over this ship, I was so excited, I had waited ages...

Then I saw the prices for store credit making the basic touring version $450, okay, i'd been expecting it to be more for store credit, so that put a real limit on it for me i'd have to melt everything I have for the base touring version, and likely have to put a little cash on top too, but okay still doable...

Then I saw it's cargo bay. 16scu. The Aurora CL has more at 23 and that has a store-all box... I'm going to be asking in the Q&A if thats a typo and they meant 160. If it is i'll snap a 600 up like a shot. If not... ces't la vie.

Unusually for me, I have realised what I want in a ship this size - a decent cargo bay and a decent turn of speed. Right now the 600 does not have the cargo bay.

I'm super stoked for you guys, enjoy your 600's. :slight_smile:
Well, it should be 16, but more of a true 16 and not the made up SCUs that CIG grossly overestimated on paper.

I think the exploree had 32 scu but that might all be taken up by the rover. That's almost as much as a Cutlass though, and that ship is 2/3 cargo room.

I wasn't expecting much cargo space. It's Origin. They are built for speed and cargo holds them back. There's not enough to do bulk runs but it is enough so that if you explore distant shopping malls, you can bring stuff back..

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well, it should be 16, but more of a true 16 and not the made up SCUs that CIG grossly overestimated on paper.

I think the exploree had 32 scu but that might all be taken up by the rover. That's almost as much as a Cutlass though, and that ship is 2/3 cargo room.

I wasn't expecting much cargo space. It's Origin. They are built for speed and cargo holds them back. There's not enough to do bulk runs but it is enough so that if you explore distant shopping malls, you can bring stuff back..
Thanks for helping me remember this, I've cheered up now.

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Can't realy get excited about this ship
No matter how hard I try
I hate to say it, but I'm in the same boat. Is it pretty? Yes, but I need more than pretty for that price. For now and for release, it's all about what the ship can do for me. It doesn't fill any niche's. It doesn't do anything that another ship doesn't already do better (and for a lower price). I want to like it, but I just can't.

EDIT: and as far as the cargo capacity, why the hell isn't this sorted out yet? Old SCU, new SCU, how many ships are there? There are fans that have posted comparative cargo volumes for free. How the hell is it possible that CIG is still running around with different values on their stat pages?!

Last edited:

drizzt001

Grand Admiral
Aug 17, 2017
RSI Handle
AdmiralTarkin
Great minds think alike. I got my Warbond twin pack within 10 min of it being up on the site during the presentation. I named my Explorer the Andromeda Explorer because Andromeda & Andromeda Ascendant were both already taken within it having been on sale for only 15 min at that point. I'm planning on upgrading the Touring version to an 890J when it is next available to be upgraded to. IMO, based on the stats, the Explorer version seemed like a sleek combination of a Carrack & a Redeemer.
There won´t be an upgrade for the 890j ever. It has never been sold before and I don´t think CIG will change that.
I was pretty surprised that CIG sells the 890J with LTI included in the Origin Pack.
Makes the 890J a little less rarer than it was before...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
EDIT: and as far as the cargo capacity, why the hell isn't this sorted out yet? Old SCU, new SCU, how many ships are there? There are fans that have posted comparative cargo volumes for free. How the hell is it possible that CIG is still running around with different values on their stat pages?!
This is a thing now is it? Thanks for mentioning, I had no idea. I know the Stats were never going to be spot-on but I had no idea they were that far out as to be totally unrateable to each other.

Can you link me to a comparison so I can see what the Taurus is going to be pegged at and what the CL is going to have so I can make a proper comparison?

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
This is a thing now is it? Thanks for mentioning, I had no idea. I know the Stats were never going to be spot-on but I had no idea they were that far out as to be totally unrateable to each other.

Can you link me to a comparison so I can see what the Taurus is going to be pegged at and what the CL is going to have so I can make a proper comparison?
It's far from a complete list, but links like this one HERE state cargo by cubic size instead of the completely unreliable stats on the page. I find it completely irritating that they haven't fixed the discrepancies yet. I know that they are working on them, but after all these YEARS, you would think they could update a couple numbers per ship...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
It's far from a complete list, but links like this one HERE state cargo by cubic size instead of the completely unreliable stats on the page. I find it completely irritating that they haven't fixed the discrepancies yet. I know that they are working on them, but after all these YEARS, you would think they could update a couple numbers per ship...
Many thanks for the link, interesting observations there...

I think this can only be answered in the Q&A - "The Aurora CL has 23scu, the Touring 600i 16. Please explain."

Forgot your password?