600i first thoughts

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
To the Owl - Your shitposting milestone is an inspiration to us all. I congratulate you, sir.

To the 600i - meh. No utility. No cargo. No Snub. No rover (unless you want to carry no cargo at all). It's like an overpriced Phoenix / Aquila hybrid without any of the reasons that I bought a Phoenix and an Aquila in the first place. I think I need to see it a little farther into development before I can determine whether or not it's worth it. Add a snub, rover, science station, and cargo space sufficient for a rover + groceries, and I'll consider calling one home. Next concept sale, please.

Zull Reicher

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Tiltz
The engine sizes are a little concerning as are the shield sizes. I am assuming this is because the 600 is mapped out according to the new system while the older ships aren't? Wish they would update that ship spec page...

(4) TR2 Engines? (same size as thrusters)
The Connie has (4) TR5s and weighs a hell of a lot less.
It is going to be hard to imagine how the 600i could be faster than a connie, even if the connie has (4) TR2 engines as well.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Everything is subject to change, either the ships weight will go down and the engines up, or the connies weight up and the engines down...

...or, Origins engine tech is jsut that good they can fit a very powerful engine in to a small space. If thats the case, I gotta find a wrecked 600 and strap its engines onto my Taurus.

Damn it I like the 600 a lot, well done CIG it's a stunner, but just can't justify it this time, it costs what my next car will cost.

My current car cost $193.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
To the Owl - Your shitposting milestone is an inspiration to us all. I congratulate you, sir.

To the 600i - meh. No utility. No cargo. No Snub. No rover (unless you want to carry no cargo at all). It's like an overpriced Phoenix / Aquila hybrid without any of the reasons that I bought a Phoenix and an Aquila in the first place. I think I need to see it a little farther into development before I can determine whether or not it's worth it. Add a snub, rover, science station, and cargo space sufficient for a rover + groceries, and I'll consider calling one home. Next concept sale, please.
I feel exactly the same(about Blind Owl and the 600), which is why I just CCUed my Prowler to a 600. That makes 5 exploration ships! It also makes me an idiot! Actually, I might be a little hard on myself. The Prowler is sexy as all hell, but when push comes to shove, it's a drop ship. A one trick pony. That 600 has a pool table!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Well, I bought the twofer pack of 600's...
But it didn't just didn't feel right.

So I melted it, a couple other ships, and bought the Battle Pack: so much swag. I then upgraded a few ships, and turned a BMM into a 600i.

Now, instead of a whole bunch of big ships that I'll have a hard time using, I have a whole bunch of small ships that I'll have a hard time using. Yay Shiponomics!

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I'm using the same comparison . . . how can it help me take other peoples stuff. So, I need it to pack a punch, it needs to be fast and it needs some cargo space. It's got speed, that's for sure and with two size two turrets and three fixed size fives, I think it can make some people cry but I don't know how much space it has, its a freaking luxury yacht . . . does it have any???

P.S. I am really looking at this one closely. If it does have cargo space it could be the perfect mid size pirate ship.
Cargo Capacity is minimal, according to what was posted. The new Cutlass Black carries more. The Andromeda (and Phoenix if you want to stay luxury) pack a bigger punch, and carry more.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Didn't RSI say that they will be updating all the stats pages once 3.0 rolls out? Also, it's been mentioned that the SCU stated on ships stats are locations where you can lock down cargo securely. Maybe the lock space on the 600i is small, but if you want to use the spaces where the rover is stored as a storeroom, or all those wide open corridors too, that expands the SCU capacity? It'll end up looking like a packrat's home, but you'll have your SCUs then.
The stupid thing is 3.0 and updating some webpages to have accurate ship stats is not related, why wait for 3.0 for that?

Cool-Hand-Luke

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Cool-Hand-Luke
The engine sizes are a little concerning as are the shield sizes. I am assuming this is because the 600 is mapped out according to the new system while the older ships aren't? Wish they would update that ship spec page...

(4) TR2 Engines? (same size as thrusters)
The Connie has (4) TR5s and weighs a hell of a lot less.
It is going to be hard to imagine how the 600i could be faster than a connie, even if the connie has (4) TR2 engines as well.
Quad turbo's and NOS maybe ?
But seriously.... they maybe some kind of small high output engine that can be throttled back for fuel economy / range.
Good question for the Q&A

Forgot your password?