600i first thoughts

Gabgrave

Grand Admiral
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Gabgrave
Didn't RSI say that they will be updating all the stats pages once 3.0 rolls out? Also, it's been mentioned that the SCU stated on ships stats are locations where you can lock down cargo securely. Maybe the lock space on the 600i is small, but if you want to use the spaces where the rover is stored as a storeroom, or all those wide open corridors too, that expands the SCU capacity? It'll end up looking like a packrat's home, but you'll have your SCUs then.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
There won´t be an upgrade for the 890j ever. It has never been sold before and I don´t think CIG will change that.
I was pretty surprised that CIG sells the 890J with LTI included in the Origin Pack.
Makes the 890J a little less rarer than it was before...
I understand the odds are not with me, but a guy can dream & aspire can he not? Also, IMO, given enough time anything is possible within reason.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I, naturally, will have to be a Troll.
Good times Naff, if you are going to be a troll, then perhaps that will allow us a discount with your family members as we cross any bridges they happen to be guarding. At the very least you can clue us in on their favorite brew & we can party with them as well. The more the merrier IMO.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
loading up my buyback still deciding if im going to make this my exploration ship. ive got 2 bmm in stock so holding some upgrades if i find this to be my calling . ,anyhow if anyone needs me to snag one for them let me know ill be buying/remelting all week. i still feel the bmm will go up in price more

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
It's like iPhone vs Huawei, sure you can buy the Huawei and get a prfect phone.OR you could take the iPhone for 4 times the price, and brag about how shiny it is. the carrack superior to the 600i in every-way and cost much cheaper.
So Origin is the Apple of Star Citizen. I never thought of it that way! :)))

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
This would be a kick to fly with 6X S4 ballistic cannon on the nose, and all those glorious S3 missiles; if you could point the ship like a fighter. Instead it is going to handle like a garbage scow. 4XS2 main propulsion sucks. This thing is the mass of a Tally, and the Tally has 2XS5 pushing it. If they wanted my money, they needed to put 4XS5 main engines and 12X S4 maneuvering thrusters.

What a terrible shame. This would have made a beautiful Millenium Falcon.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
It's like iPhone vs Huawei, sure you can buy the Huawei and get a prfect phone.OR you could take the iPhone for 4 times the price, and brag about how shiny it is. the carrack superior to the 600i in every-way and cost much cheaper.
Shhhh! Don't say that out loud...they may decide they have to nerf the Carrack to sell more 600i's

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I melted ships to grab the 600i that ship is just sick looking and does exactly what I was looking for. But who knows with so many ships still on the way it may get melted down the road, I have melted so many ships lol. I thought it was great though, I always liked the Origin series designs.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
This would be a kick to fly with 6X S4 ballistic cannon on the nose, and all those glorious S3 missiles; if you could point the ship like a fighter. Instead it is going to handle like a garbage scow. 4XS2 main propulsion sucks. This thing is the mass of a Tally, and the Tally has 2XS5 pushing it. If they wanted my money, they needed to put 4XS5 main engines and 12X S4 maneuvering thrusters.

What a terrible shame. This would have made a beautiful Millenium Falcon.
I agree whole heartedly & request that you re-post this message of yours into the Spectrum forums for it to hopefully be found by the CIG Mods to then possibly make it into the hands of those who can do something similar.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
I looked at the 600i, decide that I am sticking with my carrack, the carrack is big, fat and ugly compared to the 600i. its just like me. melting that ole ship just doesn't feel right. guess I am a carrack fanboy forever.
Oh, and the carrack will definitely haul more beer.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Shhhh! Don't say that out loud...they may decide they have to nerf the Carrack to sell more 600i's
Why not both?

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I looked at the 600i, decide that I am sticking with my carrack, the carrack is big, fat and ugly compared to the 600i. its just like me. melting that ole ship just doesn't feel right. guess I am a carrack fanboy forever.
Oh, and the carrack will definitely haul more beer.
I agree with you there. I would not trade my Carrack for a 600i.... but I did trade a pair of BMMs for a pair of 600is :D

Forgot your password?